• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this game should have gotten better reviews, I don't see why this got a 7/10 at some sites. It's amazing!

Edit: I'm worried that this game is going to be pushed in the shadows because it is releasing 1 week before Cyberpunk 2077 (and 2 weeks after Hyrule Warriors).
And less than a month after the other big open world Ubisoft game. They should've just pushed this game to Q1.

I really hope it ends up being a success because the more I play this game the more I love it and I certainly want more things like this from Ubisoft. Easily one of the my favorite games this year.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, this game should have gotten better reviews, I don't see why this got a 7/10 at some sites. It's amazing!

Edit: I'm worried that this game is going to be pushed in the shadows because it is releasing 1 week before Cyberpunk 2077 (and 2 weeks after Hyrule Warriors).
About 4 hours in and a 7 seems generous.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
And less than a month after the other big open world Ubisoft game. They should've just pushed this game to Q1.

I really hope it ends up being a success because the more I play this game the more I love it and I certainly want more things like this from Ubisoft. Easily one of the my favorite games this year.

Yeah, honestly I am loving the game but a January or February release would of probably been better. And it's so much more fun than Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs imo, we need more Ubisoft games like this.

The other part of me worries if it does become a success Ubisoft will Ubi it up and milk the series until it has no life left into it.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I'm about 4 hours in on PS5- gorgeous and really light hearted fun. I'm glad I picked it up. Especially after the slog that is AC Valhalla.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I typically like Ubisofts open world games, but this one isn't landing with me. I can't really call what it is specifically, but everything just feels kind of flat. I don't like the combat or the jokes or the exploration or much of anything really. Shame as I was looking forward to this :-/

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont really get the lyre stuff?

Is it I gotta find all the small ones, memorize them, and go to the big one?

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I typically like Ubisofts open world games, but this one isn't landing with me. I can't really call what it is specifically, but everything just feels kind of flat. I don't like the combat or the jokes or the exploration or much of anything really. Shame as I was looking forward to this :-/

Yeah, I'm not too far in but prob gonna drop it soon and take it back to GameStop (gotta love the Guaranteed to Love trade promotion they do for certain new games; ie: trades back for $59.99 with 48 hours of release)

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
9 hours in and I just started the first quest

I've already been sidetracked by stuff I discovered twice on the way to its first destination. This game is so much like the best parts of BOTW

Nov 7, 2017
Can anyone confirm the PS4/PS5 versions are actually different at retail? The PS5 one is A$99 and the PS4 one is A$79 at my local store. They're bundled as the same item on the online PS Store so was wondering if I pick up the PS4 version, will I still get the fancy graphical upgrades of the PS5? Is this even a thing? Thank you!

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Can anyone confirm the PS4/PS5 versions are actually different at retail? The PS5 one is A$99 and the PS4 one is A$79 at my local store. They're bundled as the same item on the online PS Store so was wondering if I pick up the PS4 version, will I still get the fancy graphical upgrades of the PS5? Is this even a thing? Thank you!

The PS4 version has the free upgrade path to the PS5 version. I personally purchased physical PS5 and that was just PS5 only.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else on PC notice little frame rate hitches when you are walking across the map? They are little quarter second hitches, and you can replicate them by walking back and forth over the area they occur in. It doesn't seem to register the hitches in the RTSS frame counter overlay ...

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
It does work if you link it to your Steam account (add non-Steam game, browse for the .exe in the installation folder) and run it in Big Picture Mode.
I had to reboot my PC to make it work. Unfortunately it seems you can't change the button prompts. There is a setting ingame but it only lets me choose between Xbox and generic controller button prompts.
I hope Ubisoft adds native DualSense support in the near future...

Nice, thanks

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging this game a bit. Really picked up once I got to the tower of gods and the fast glide.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Done a few hrs yesterday and really like what I've played so far, makes a plesent change from the normal Ubisoft game, oh also looks great on PS5

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone else not able to use the online features, like the store or the tasks?
Im just getting an error Message

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Played for about 2-3 hours last night. Some enemies are actually pretty tough on hard which is cool. Combat so far is a lot of fun, world looks great on PS5 and is fun to explore. Not sure about story and writing yet, need to play more.

Question, can you zoom in and out on your character? I sometimes find the camera to be too far back, I usually have the opposite problem lol.

Also my triggers on the controller make weird sounds when I am in the "look for spots/chests"-mode. Is that only happening to me?

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
This game could do with a lot more hand crafted animation. Most scenes just stitch together pre generated animations and it looks so awkward. At least Typhon animates nicely.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to put away the bird?

I'm going to lose my mind if he screeches in my ear every time I glide.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
What am I supposed to do in the Navigation Challenge?
There's a bunch of air blower tiles, but I get the "challenge failed" message seemingly arbitrarily. Do I need to fly through all of them? Do I fail if I touch the ground? Is it timed?

I like the game so far, but it doesn't do a great job explaining many things.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Any reason why I can't change the brightness and contrast on the series X version? The options are greyed out.

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else on PC notice little frame rate hitches when you are walking across the map? They are little quarter second hitches, and you can replicate them by walking back and forth over the area they occur in. It doesn't seem to register the hitches in the RTSS frame counter overlay ...

I think I noticed what you are talking about. I'm on an 8700k with a 3080, 4k, maxed out and getting around 70-90 fps depending on what's happening (at least so far in The first two hours)

They don't seem terrible but a blemish on otherwise decent performance. I tried setting the input to Xbox controller only, and are using the Microsoft adaptor, as I heard that caused problems on Valhalla,but doesn't seem to make a difference here.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
having a lot of fun with this

definitely the freshest feeling ubisoft game I've played in years

Deleted member 84949

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Warning about cross save if you care about trophies etc.. Started with PS5 and played about 1.5h on PC to test (U+). Seems i missed one or two of the story trophies from the beginning. :/ Might just blast through the intro on easy to get them.

Otherwise loving this game waaaay more than i expected! Kinda got used to the stutter but it does take away a bit from the game :(

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game really gives you some weird ass or interesting looking gear very early on if you even passively do the optional stuff.

I wonder if the Light hud option hides the gear drops though, whenever I loot chests it just shows the materials gained, I have to open the menu to check my gear to see what I got.

For people starting out I highly recommend the combat upgrades to the tether thingy. The first one pulls you to enemies, making fighting some of the fliers more fun.

Zularti

Oct 25, 2017
How is the combat overall? I know the game seems more themed towards exploration which is cool. I've just heard the combat is pretty simple and the fights aren't great. Of course watching gamplay doesn't always show me what people think.
I don't need Dark souls or Devil may cry but i'd like a challenge some of the time.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first hour or so this morning and I'm having a blast so far.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Played for about 2-3 hours last night. Some enemies are actually pretty tough on hard which is cool. Combat so far is a lot of fun, world looks great on PS5 and is fun to explore. Not sure about story and writing yet, need to play more.

Question, can you zoom in and out on your character? I sometimes find the camera to be too far back, I usually have the opposite problem lol.

Also my triggers on the controller make weird sounds when I am in the "look for spots/chests"-mode. Is that only happening to me?
Couldn't find any option. Let me know if you find it, as I too would like to be a little closer.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Does anyone else playing on PS5 think that the adaptive triggers work strange in this game? Scanning things from a high point sometimes activates the adaptive trigger, sometimes not. Same with aiming with the bow. I've also noticed a similar thing in Demon's Souls while aiming.

I would think something is broken, but if works great and without issues in both Astro's Playground and Miles Morales.