• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Did anyone buy this digitally for PS5? I want to know if a digital PS4 copy is included in your download list. (Like Miles Morales)
I bought it digitally, but it pre-loaded while my system was resting so I have no idea if there was a PS4 version in the list. That being said, I checked my storage and there's no PS4 version in there. The other games I downloaded that have PS4 versions I was able to go in and delete it. So I'm assuming it only pre-loaded the PS5 version.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
After playing for just a couple hours I am hooked. The game doesnt take itself too serious and the Artstyle suits it reallly well. It gave me the feeling I had the first time I played Fable. Kudos to Ubi for taking a big chance here. I am playing it on the Series S and both Performance Mode; and Quality mode run great.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone buy this digitally for PS5? I want to know if a digital PS4 copy is included in your download list. (Like Miles Morales)
Yes, The ps4 version was in my dl list after purchase. I can also hit the options button on the game icon and select the game version. This will bring me to the store to download that version.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Played this for a few hours and yes it is definitely a mix of Assassins Creed / Ubi with Breath of the Wild. So far it is a lot of fun but it does lack a bit of sophistication in the puzzles, but it's only early stages. And the exploration is less organic than it should be really (Ubi climb to high point and find all the treasure chests etc).
Enjoying the corny narrative banter.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
God, this is so frustrating. Why is Ubi Connect still saying Coming Soon in my game library? Even the store tab in Ubi Connect says "Out Now".

ARGH!

I don't think there's been a single time where I've purchased an Ubi game from Epic, and everything has gone smoothly.

But BotW is not a new genre, or even a new sub-genre. It's an open-world adventure game. It has Zelda trappings, sure, but there's nothing really new in the formula. Shrines are just a type of activities littered across the map, like the korok seeds and quests. We've seen cooking before, climbing, stamina, etc...It's a good game, and it certainly has a unique atmosphere and presentation, but it's not a new genre of games.

I'm not going to get into an argument about this because it would derail the thread, but you should look at other genre and see how they subdivide subgenre. What you just said are lines by which subgenre are denoted (eg. WRPGs vs. JRPGs).

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a youtube video of a 1070 struggling to stay at 60fps at 900p.

For a game fundamentally built for last gen, that doesn't seem good at all.

Not the first report I'm reading about GTX 10-series cards struggling a bit with the game.

A friend told me that he is able to get locked sixty at fullHD with his GTX 1080 though.
But also that he is getting worse performance than in Odyssey (for example).

While I'm getting far superior performance in comparison to both Valhalla and Odyssey with my 20 series card.

No idea what's going on.
Will be interesting to see how the game compares on AMD cards.

edit:

Somebody with a RTX 3080 on YT @ 1440p
fenixrisingrtx3080r5k21.jpg

versus my 2080Ti
fenixrisingrtx2080tiptjsg.jpg

No matter what: a 2080Ti is not able to outperform a RTX 3080, let alone by that margin! Something is wrong here.
Only difference I'm able to spot is that I'm using the new drivers from today. The CPU is different, but whom am I kidding; an i7 10700 is the faster gaming CPU.

Last edited:

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
www.resetera.com

Immortals Fenyx Rising - Review thread

Release date: December 3rd Platforms: PS5 / PS4 / Switch / Xbox Series / Xbox One / PC / Stadia / Luna Metacritic (82) | Opencritic (79 - Strong) PowerUp! (91/100): Hobby Consolas (91/100): Game Informer (90/100): Digital Chumps (90/100): God is a Geek (90 / 100): Nintendo Enthusiast...
Thanks! It's better than I was expecting, good for folks of the town.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Can a visual artist / graphic designer comment on why everything is so fucking orange in this game, and how this is considered visually appealing?

This putrid orange-brown mess shines over an otherwise beautiful world, and it's really screwing with my enjoyment of the game (the few moments I've played that aren't spent in the tv / game menu fiddling with visual settings like a crazy person). I have a Sony X900E if it matters.

Ha! I'm a graphic designer with a X900F and also having a tough time getting the picture settings how I want them. I love tge bright colors but the HDR implementation can really blow out the colors quite easily. I'm not really sure what settings might help it.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just arrived at the valley of eternal spring. Game is still super washed out. I don't get it

Im still confused by the controls as well. Nothing feels natural. Still kinda like it

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Not the first report I'm reading about GTX 10-series cards struggling a bit with the game.

A friend told me that he is able to get locked sixty at fullHD with his GTX 1080 though.

While I'm getting far superior performance in comparison to both Valhalla and Odyssey with my 20 series card.

No idea what's going on.

edit:

versus my 2080Ti

No matter what: a 2080Ti is not able to outperform a RTX 3080, let alone by that margin! Something is wrong here.
Only difference I'm able to spot is that I'm using the new drivers from today. The CPU is different, but whom am I kidding; an i7 10700 is the faster gaming CPU.

I see yours is at 1440p, was his at 1440p too or 4K? Maybe he mixed them up or something?

At 4k/max I get 77fps average on benchmark with a 9900k/3080, so something is up with his system if that's his 1440p benchmark.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Just arrived at the valley of eternal spring. Game is still super washed out. I don't get it

Im still confused by the controls as well. Nothing feels natural. Still kinda like it

Something must be going on. I'm playing on a 2080ti and it looks super vibrant. I don't see orange everywhere, either.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just climbed up and fought the Legendary Lion. Fight was super fun! I much preferred it to any legendary animal fights I've ever done in AC. Really like the dodging, parrying, and axe and sword combo (one for knocking them out and one for DPS).

Great fight.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
What difficulty are most of you playing? I am going with Hard and so far (3 hours or so) I only died 2 times. Still in the starting area, but enjoying the game. Combat is really well done and the parrying, dodge and how you move is pretty great.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something must be going on. I'm playing on a 2080ti and it looks super vibrant. I don't see orange everywhere, either.
Photo from my phone righ. Ok. It's colorful. But washed out. First game ever like this for me
ZJ6mzi9.jpg

Maybe hdr issue ? You have hdr on windows with this game ?

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping my gamefly disk comes in tomorrow. I really wanted to play this game but didn't want to pay $60.. so I tired my old friend out.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought on Switch and I'm pretty impressed. Yeah it's not a perfect stable 30fps but in big open areas it's still pretty damn playable.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else bothered by the hdr looking washed out, after the initial area it looks much better. Thanks Rumi, was driving me nuts.

Photo from my phone righ. Ok. It's colorful. But washed out. First game ever like this for me
Maybe hdr issue ? You have hdr on windows with this game ?

I think this is just how it's supposed to look. It's a little bit washed out to me but, I can't get it to look any better so maybes it's how it's intended.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
This may be my first big purchase on Stadia. It runs great in my house, demo was phenomenal, I can take my game to any room... really not seeing why not.

Option 2 is Switch as that is my other multi-room "TV" console (I have multiple docks)... but not sure!!

Anyone try the full game on Stadia yet?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Game looks incredible at times...very clean and detailed. Playing on Series X with a VRR display in performance mode and not one issue. Love the lighting in the game. One of the most impressive Ubi Soft games in a very long time...and no bugs that I have found as of yet.

Someone posted a issue a few pages back but cant find it, but he/she was saying that the game was not telling them when they find new armor or other stuff. There is a setting in the UI to show this..it can be turned on/off.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best price / performa settings on PC? Not getting the fps I'd like and setting the shadows to medium didn't really do shit.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
The stuttering in performance mode is a bummer!! Coming from spider man running at 60fps the stuttering makes this feel like mud.

praying for a patch. It's still really fun

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No idea what's going on.

edit:

versus my 2080Ti

That's pretty interesting and yea, it's running worse than Valhalla on my 1080ti

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I... was not expecting the amount of sex jokes.

Aphrodite: "How could I ever love a man like Hephaistos? That face could sink a thousand ships. And down below, let's just say there is no riptide."

hollams

Nov 7, 2017
So glad they have an auto-run button for the controller. This game does so many little things right. Whoever thought of the idea where the last enemy you defeat just goes flying off into the atmosphere is awesome.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
I wish my Dualsense worked with the PC version on Ubisoft Connect. Weird that it doesn't, seeing as how the game is on PS5. Valhalla worked with the Dualsense
It does work if you link it to your Steam account (add non-Steam game, browse for the .exe in the installation folder) and run it in Big Picture Mode.
I had to reboot my PC to make it work. Unfortunately it seems you can't change the button prompts. There is a setting ingame but it only lets me choose between Xbox and generic controller button prompts.
I hope Ubisoft adds native DualSense support in the near future...

Oct 29, 2017
YES! This game is nice! Playing on Series X in graphics mode. At first, I was like ehhhhh, but then you get to the title drop after the prologue and for some reason the graphics get better haha!

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
If there's anyone from AusEra here, Big W and Amazon both have this game at $69, discounted from $99.

Annoyingly for me it's a present for Xmas, so I won't be able to play it for a few weeks...still, will give me a chance to complete SAckboi and The Pathless I guess...

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, this game should have gotten better reviews, I don't see why this got a 7/10 at some sites. It's amazing!

Edit: I'm worried that this game is going to be pushed in the shadows because it is releasing 1 week before Cyberpunk 2077 (and 2 weeks after Hyrule Warriors).

Last edited:

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018

No idea what's going on.

edit:

versus my 2080Ti

Yeah I believe mine benchmarked at 86 avg on my 3080. I have a 3700x. 1440p

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Combat starts out simple, but it gets good pretty quickly and it's honestly way better than I expected.

Side activities seem pretty varied and fun to do; hopefully it keeps up throughout the game