• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
I thought it unlocked tomorrow morning?
www.ubisoft.com

What You Need to Know Before Immortals Fenyx Rising Launches

From pre-loads to PC specs, prepare to kick off your journey as Fenyx with everything you need to know before Immortals Fenyx Rising launches December 3.
Launch: December 3, 5am UTC / 10am EDT / 7am PDT
Funny how on Ubisoft's own platform the game comes out later than the consoles
Those times make no sense lol

These do, and it's in an hour.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Valhalla unlocked at 12am, est so I see now reason why this wouldn't

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Trying to decide between Switch or next gen.
Tried the Stadia demo which looked alright. I imagine it should look better on PS5 or XSX. If not I'd be happy with Switch.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Y'all buttheads are gonna get me to buy this right now, aren't you? I played the demo on Stadia and was interested. Hearing reactions has me very interested. Two things. I know it will be at least $20 cheaper probably as early as next month and Cyberpunk is in a week.

Still...

DO IT.

1) It's actually good.
2) Show Ubi support for taking a chance on something different

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This game doesn't do a very good job of informing you when you get an item from a chest. I definitely remember seeing some pop up with a picture of an item a few times after opening a chest when I started, but the last 10-15 chests I opened seemed to only have gems in them... there was no picture of any gear

I just opened my inventory and I have 6 new armor sets and 7 new helmets and a new bow WTF!

This is on PC. Anyone else notice that it's not informing you of getting new items?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned, but you can take in-game pictures with a pretty good photo mode that is actually in the game as you are playing. When I opened the map, I noticed some small white blocks and realized it was pictures other players have taken in the game. You can click on them and then choose to "like" the photo. Not sure what else it does, but it is pretty neat little feature.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned, but you can take in-game pictures with a pretty good photo mode that is actually in the game as you are playing. When I opened the map, I noticed some small white blocks and realized it was pictures other players have taken in the game. You can click on them and then choose to "like" the photo. Not sure what else it does, but it is pretty neat little feature.
Ubisoft has been doing this with Assassin's Creed, too. I know it was in Odyssey and Valhalla, I don't remember if it was in Origins.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that's been in the past three Assassin's Creed games. It is one of the first things I turn off actually, because the photo icons crowd an already busy map.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Valhalla unlocked at 12am, est so I see now reason why this wouldn't

AC:V unlocked at 12AM local time. The annoying bit about this games release is that it unlocked for digital purchases at 12AM local, but not for Ubisoft+ subscribers.

. . .and still get activation errors. What a launch.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Holy god: for Ubisoft+ users rename ImmortalsFenyxRising_plus to ImmortalsFenyxRising and just change the original executable to something else.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Does it allow cross-gen buy? I really want it, and I'm trying like hell to get a PS5, but I don't want to wait months to play this game.

Oct 27, 2017
works on series x

really fun so far, obviously at the beginning but i like the humor (!) and the style is really appealing.

OH and there's manual saves thank god (fuck you watch dogs!!!)

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
I think its pretty cool so far, I just started like 40 mins ago but i like the fast paced combat and it performs just fine on PS5 performance mode, looks nice too. I didn't like Breath of the Wild but I'm liking this game more so far.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, game looks crisp on the C8 OLED on PS5, Quality mode. Nice job ubi. Actually enjoying the humor too.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Ahh, just saw this after I posted a response - good to know, might end up just doing Uplay + then, maybe rent a console version as well just so I can more easily play on the big screen at night. I know we give Ubi a lot of shit for some of the stuff they do and the last few AAA games have been unoptimized messes - but all of their games going forward having FULL and complete cross-save and cross-progression for all major platforms is an insanely good thing and I want to continue to give them props for it.

Quick edit: I actually think Uplay + is a really good service given the volume of titles they produce, but not at the monthly rate. It badly needs a more reasonably annual price IMO.
The only thing I don't like about UPlay/Ubi Connect is that it seems to crash all the time in the background when I play Division 2, which crashes Division 2 as well. Hopefully this doesn't happen when I'm playing Immortals.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
that's what i'm getting on series x on my LG CX. 60 performance / 30 quality. i'm sticking to performance, i love the 60 fps too much.
Thanks! Yeah, I can't ever go back to 30 unless its forced on me, especially on a LG (have a C9 myself, I often play stuff on PC during the day, then switch to console or do PC - TV at night!)
The only thing I don't like about UPlay/Ubi Connect is that it seems to crash all the time in the background when I play Division 2, which crashes Division 2 as well. Hopefully this doesn't happen when I'm playing Immortals.
I quit Div2 several months ago because the combat was SO grindy when WONY came out (real bummer because I think it's such a cool game), but I too had this issue with Uplay and ONLY Division 2- frequent, random crashes. Played a decent chunk of Legion and about an hour of Valhalla last week and had no crashes, FWIW.

If I sub it will probably be tomorrow, so will report back on crashes.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Holy hell; this game absolutely was made by the AC:O team. They should have just made this Kassandra and had it be like some tall tale someone was telling about her.

Still not working on pc for me

Did you try renaming the executables if you are using Ubisoft+?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell; this game absolutely was made by the AC:O team. They should have just made this Kassandra and had it be like some tall tale someone was telling about her.

Did you try renaming the executables if you are using Ubisoft+?
I did what I read in your previous post but still

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Some "hidden" controls:

Hold Y to summon your mount

Double press the move stick to start autorunning.

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered the Gold edition on PS5 but cannot see how to access the preorder bonuses so far? It also says under DLC that I don't own any :/ anyone else have this issue?
I posted this accidentally in the review thread as well :/

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
'' Immortals Fenyx Rising in NextGen offers us 2 game modes. In quality mode, PS5 and Series X run at 2160p resolution at 30fps and Series S at 1440p. The drawing distance in this mode is somewhat greater and it also increases the range of lighting points as well as some particles. In performance mode, the framerate increases to 60fps. Resolution on PS5 and Series X in this mode is dynamic, between 2160p and 1440p. In some areas, the resolution of PS5 is somewhat higher (1620p) than Series X (1440p). On S Series, the resolution is locked to 1080p. The draw distance is slightly higher in Series X, also, there seems to be some issues with the shadows on PS5 in quality mode. I definitely recommend using performance mode on any of the three platforms.''

''Shadows and draw distance are worse on PS4 but sometimes it's renders at a higher resolution. So you decide.''

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else experience issues with the haptics? They will only sometimes work when climbing, attacking, double jumping.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks so incredibly "clean" at 1440p on my PC. I love the look and art direction.

There are also some pretty crazy emergent moments with the destruction system. I killed this cyclops and the "flying into the distance" animation played. He flew way off into a distant hill, hit a tree, and the tree fell over.