• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
It's a really fun game! Not the deepest thing you'll ever play but the combat gets really good once you start unlocking and upgrading abilities, the puzzles are great and it's surprisingly funny, I definitely recommend

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
The videos of this make the character models look odd; they have the proportions of children, but with adult-looking armour and hair. It's some odd mix between anime and realism that doesn't commit to either. It is as if it's kind a of videogame Bugsy Malone.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm out of the loop, is this not on Steam? No matter waht I google, it comes up that it's "launching on PC" and I see it everywhere from Microsoft Store to EGS, but don't see any indication of it being on Steam, which is super strange to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of the loop, is this not on Steam? No matter waht I google, it comes up that it's "launching on PC" and I see it everywhere from Microsoft Store to EGS, but don't see any indication of it being on Steam, which is super strange to me.
Seems like none of Ubi's latest releases are on Steam. I think they've been doing that for a while.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
It is currently 8:40am, 12/2/2020 in New Zealand, but the game is not unlocked. Does anyone know what time NZ time the game is suppose to unlock? I am in the U.S. doing the NZ trick on Xbox. This has worked flawlessly for every release, but the Store no longer shows the time the game unlocks. Does anyone know?

Oct 25, 2017
It is currently 8:40am, 12/2/2020 in New Zealand, but the game is not unlocked. Does anyone know what time NZ time the game is suppose to unlock? I am in the U.S. doing the NZ trick on Xbox. This has worked flawlessly for every release, but the Store no longer shows the time the game unlocks. Does anyone know?
Isn't the release date the 3rd?

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
(Note: I've been playing this game for 1.5 weeks)

I had a whole thing I was going to type up pounding out details about a bunch of stuff, but it just all boils down to this--I'm having a BLAST with this game. Yes It does some things better than others (the writing is only ok, and the humor usually misses it's mark) but overall it's the best Breath of the Wild inspired game since the OG and it's just THICK with environmental puzzles. There's stuff to do all over the place. Crafting, fighting, puzzles, challenges, upgrades, exploring...

Once you unlock serval God powers and abilities, it's wonderful. Just keep the expectations low for the writing and VO work.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the release date the 3rd?
On Xbox.Com for the U.S. it shows the unlock time as 10pm 12/2/2020. It technically comes out on 12/3/2020, but 10pm for me in Idaho, USA 10pm would be midnight Eastern Time so 12/3/2020.

edit: Sorry I am still a little foggy from being ill.....it seems like in NZ it will unlock tonight, in the US tomorrow at 10pm my local time 12/2.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Is uplay+ coming to consoles at all? I wanted to play this on ps5, but dam id much rather just play it on PC for the cost
much like EA play pro, that's never happening.
It's ubisoft. Ubisoft Connect or Epic Games Store. Nowhere else.

What you see on the Microsoft store is the Xbox version.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I really want to give this one a go but between coming off from two mediocre Ubisoft games (Legion and Valhalla) and the upcoming release of Cyberpunk, I don't think I should play it this year.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
(Note: I've been playing this game for 1.5 weeks)

I had a whole thing I was going to type up pounding out details about a bunch of stuff, but it just all boils down to this--I'm having a BLAST with this game. Yes It does some things better than others (the writing is only ok, and the humor usually misses it's mark) but overall it's the best Breath of the Wild inspired game since the OG and it's just THICK with environmental puzzles. There's stuff to do all over the place. Crafting, fighting, puzzles, challenges, upgrades, exploring...

Once you unlock serval God powers and abilities, it's wonderful. Just keep the expectations low for the writing and VO work.
Sounds great, and I'm itching for something to play on PS5 now that I finished The Pathless.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So what time does it unlock in NZ tonight?
From what I can tell, midnight EST time U.S. I been trying but I had my dates messed up. The Xbox Store in Idaho, USA shows it unlocks on 12/2/2020 at 10pm, so that would be Midnight Eastern Time. Being that it is currently 9:06am 12/2/2020 in New Zealand, I am assuming midnight NZ time, which would be 10pm tonight for me in Idaho, USA.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if you can upgrade your version of the game? I don't mean PS4 -> PS5, but the standard edition to one of the higher tiers?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if you can upgrade your version of the game? I don't mean PS4 -> PS5, but the standard edition to one of the higher tiers?
Not that I am aware of. I pre-ordered on Xbox a while back and the "refund" option is no longer available for the regular version. I wanted to do the same. I may just buy the season pass seperate or may put in a ticket to see if I can refund and purchase the deluxe.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Really excited for this - trying to decide what platform to play on, hoping for early comparison for XSX/PS5/PC.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I am aware of. I pre-ordered on Xbox a while back and the "refund" option is no longer available for the regular version. I wanted to do the same. I may just buy the season pass seperate or may put in a ticket to see if I can refund and purchase the deluxe.

I'm just so torn on this game - I feel like I'll either love it or hate it, so I wanted to get the standard edition and upgrade if I ended up loving it. Oh well.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Really excited to play this...but next year. Yakuza, AC, and Cyberpunk right now.

Wish this game game out a few months earlier.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Really excited to play this...but next year. Yakuza, AC, and Cyberpunk right now.

Wish this game game out a few months earlier.
Yeah, I decided that since the reviews said this was a "streamlined" Ubisoft experience vs Valhalla, and I already decided to wait on Yakuza until after Cyberpunk I think this is my perfect time to play this, segue into Cyberpunk 2077, and then go back to Valhalla and Yakuza (this is just my personal order). At night I am mostly playing Spiderman and other PS5 exclusives on the big screen, so this is going to be a good time-waster type game for me.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can do the NZ/vpn trick with the ubi launcher? I've never tried it with a uplay only game so I'm not sure if it works.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
My copy has shipped early from Shopto today so hopefully will get this started tomorrow night (if it comes)

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Have it Preordered, looks like alot of fun plus I love Greek mythology or any mythology for that reason.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for xsx/ps5 differences and I'll bite possibly. I'm just wondering what is sont waiting to announce ssd storage upgrade. Running low

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Excited to try this one out as soon as I have less games on my backlog! It looks like a fun adventure and I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm looking forward to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked the pricing on this game (Canada) and the Gold edition is 55 goddamn dollars more than regular edition. Are. You. Fucking. Serious.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
On Xbox.Com for the U.S. it shows the unlock time as 10pm 12/2/2020. It technically comes out on 12/3/2020, but 10pm for me in Idaho, USA 10pm would be midnight Eastern Time so 12/3/2020.

edit: Sorry I am still a little foggy from being ill.....it seems like in NZ it will unlock tonight, in the US tomorrow at 10pm my local time 12/2.
That time is already converted to your time.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll get this for Xbox on tuesday. I liked the demo enough and Valhalla's setting and tone kinda rub me the wrong way. This will fit in nicely.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Will this be "free" on uplay+?
Yes, it will be available on Ubisoft+

N7KK07B.png

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Exactly the reason why I'm kind of excited for Fenyx as I have the same complaints about BoTW. A game inspired by BoTW but with a somehow competent story and improved combat sounds like a great game. Might pick this up after Cyberpunk.

I feel the same way. If my backlog wasn't so huge, I'd buy Fenyx this week, but I'm gonna hold off for a bit, especially with Cyberpunk next week.

I mean, I really enjoyed Breath of the Wild a lot (hell, it's the reason I bought a Switch in the first place), but I wasn't a fan of the combat at all, and the Shrines felt like busy work outside of a handful that I enjoyed, but most of them just weren't particularly engaging, especially considering how strong dungeons are in Zelda games. My hope is Breath of the Wild 2 takes the time to make more engaging shrines, and improve the combat.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I need one information before i bought it. The game have any sort of stat scaling or level scaling ? I like the idea of go everywhere but difficulty scaling is the worth thing for me in open world game.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I've been casting about trying to figure out how to describe Immortals: Fenyx Rising and I think I finally, finally got the line I wanted. Which would have been awfully helpful when writing my review Sunday night, but whatever.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend has really been enjoying the game over the last few days on the Switch version. I'm about to start my first playthrough of the game right now if anyone is interested in some more Switch gameplay -

https://www.twitch.tv/nsquared

edit: All done for now! I'm digging it quite a bit!

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's a really fun game! Not the deepest thing you'll ever play but the combat gets really good once you start unlocking and upgrading abilities, the puzzles are great and it's surprisingly funny, I definitely recommend
Okay, now I know it's an Ubisoft open world game. But how similar is it to Assassin's Creed? Because I just spent 100+ hours with Valhalla and I am exhausted. Is this different enough where I would enjoy it?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I had $10 in PSN store credit, so I just bit the bullet and bought it for $49! Currently downloading now, so I'll give it a go tomorrow night if I'm feeling better (feeling a little under the weather at the moment). I'm gonna try to beat Bugsnax also, since I want to at least knock another game off of my PS5 list, since I beat Astro, Spidey Remastered, and Miles already

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I played the Stadia demo and loved it. I'm sure this will be right up my alley, but with Cyberpunk next week, along with most Ubi titles going on sale within a month of release, I may wait on it for now.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been casting about trying to figure out how to describe Immortals: Fenyx Rising and I think I finally, finally got the line I wanted. Which would have been awfully helpful when writing my review Sunday night, but whatever.

I was kinda getting these vibes from just the demo.