• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This game is even more Breath of the Wild than Genshin Impact.

Someone in China is going to smash their console when they see this. I don't know what console it'll be, but hardware is about to get busted up.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
This game is even more Breath of the Wild than Genshin Impact.

Someone in China is going to smash their console when they see this. I don't know what console it'll be, but hardware is about to get busted up.
I'm going to destroy all of my consoles and my computer and phone so i cant play this on google stadia either.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
From my preview:
Immortals-Screenshot-11-09102020.jpg

I don't know how the dev insisted it wasn't BOTW and I pressed them on it. That's Magnesis, yo.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I am ready for BotW clones to start coming through tbh - let other teams take a crack at this type of game

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
When people say that you did the same things over and over again, that's called the gameplay loop and can be simplified down for every single game

AC Odyssey I did the same 6 things over and over again until I got bored and dropped it
BOTW I did the same ? things over and over again but I absolutely loved it
Ghost of Tsushima is pretty much Odyssey but I enjoyed it

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I may get attacked for this, but this looks better than BoTW in almost every way in my opinion. I didn't like BoTW too much and felt it was too big for its own good, but this looks incredible.

i mean, i certainly hope a game that comes out several years later had learned some lessons and improved on an older game
im down to give it a shot based on what I saw so far

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, good for you that you found enjoyment in it but I found it objectively boring and not worth the $60 price tag. I beat it because I felt obligated to but it was not worth the time I put in.
It's totally ok for different people to feel differently about the game, I just found the"running quickly out of things to do" funny given the time i spent on it (which is far more than I ever spent on any such game). And I never spend more time on a game than I want (unless I am really, really close to the end anyway)

By the way, there is no way to find a game objectively boring. Any person's experience with any game (or song/painting/movie/book/food etc) is entirely subjective.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo made an Ubisoft game and Ubisoft made a BOTW game. This could be awesome. And it looks like something I could actually play it with my kids, only stylized violence, no blood. Perfect!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just think it's too similar to the recent AC games. I appreciate the fact that the movement looks more fun and dynamic, but I can't see a reality where I play this and AC: Valhalla in the same 12 month span....let alone a few weeks apart. Maybe I'll skip Valhalla and play this instead, but the last two AC games have really delivered for me in a way that I'm not sure I can skip the next one.

senbon

Oct 27, 2017
Eiji Aonuma and the rest of the Zelda team are surely going to sleep well tonight.

My only concern with this game so far is the tone. Not sure yet if I'm going to enjoy the strong comedy aspects.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I had the chance to play around two hours of it, had an absolute blast.

it's a Breath of the Wild + AC Odyssey combo that just works so well.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
From my preview:
Immortals-Screenshot-11-09102020.jpg

I don't know how the dev insisted it wasn't BOTW and I pressed them on it. That's Magnesis, yo.
Haha, amazing.

I know devs want to make a game their own, but there's no shame in looking towards BotW for inspiration. No one will think less of the dev in question. If Fenyx even leads to a game that is half as good as BotW that's great.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
The first reveal of God & Monsters looked pretty interesting actually. This does feel more generic.

Looks fun though, I'm interested.
The reveal certainly was more restrained.
It does look like it could be neat... if I ever get used to the hodgepodge of cartoon video game tropes. Right now it's kinda overwhelming.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Ripping off the best game of all time? I'm in.

Don't need it to be fundamentally original, I just want more of that "go anywhere, explore anything" action. Just PLEASE don't have have way markers and check lists.

EDIT: I'm three minutes into that EZA preview and I couldn't be more disappointed already. The enemy spawn points? The cyclops getting shot in the head and slowly walking towards him? The HUD is just sooooo massive with big numbers everywhere...

Fuck man. Just rip of BOTW unless you've got a better plan. Cyclops in BOTW were huge and complex looking, even if they lost their drama over time. This is just... very ubi so far. Here's hoping it changes my mind over the preview.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
It is impressive that they made a BOTW clone 3 years later that looks worse than its "inspiration"

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Anyone know why they changed the name? Gods and Monsters sounds way better than this IMO.

Otherwise, looks kinda fun. I can see AC DNA in it, but that's not a bad thing.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
As long as their no durability shit like in BoTW, I'm in. Combat looks kind of boring, but I may feel different after playing it.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
The trailer made me pretty excited. It seemed to improve on a couple of things I disliked about BotW (combat, enemy variety) but my god, the whole ui really ls cluttering the screen and it doesn't really look all too good either.
The narration has got to grow on me to but beyond all that, I'm in for this. If anything, it's gonna be good fun for how long it lasts. Especially since you'll probably be able to choose for how long you want to play it a la BotW.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Haha, amazing.

I know devs want to make a game their own, but there's no shame in looking towards BotW for inspiration. No one will think less of the dev in question. If Fenyx even leads to a game that is half as good as BotW that's great.
There's no shame in looking to other games for inspiration but this is a straight up clone. I would have appreciated if ONE major aspect of the game were completely different.

The magnesis-style power-ups.
The cooking system.
The trial dungeons.
The stamina system.
The color palette, game aesthetic and world layout.
The character designs.
The climbing and gliding system.
The horse sneaking/taming system.
The combat. (watching more footage, you're right. Weapons don't beak and the charge system is closer to AC)
the Map system.
The enemies and bosses.

Jesus fuck. There is no attempt to even pretend that this is a full-copy. "Inspired by BotW" is aggressively generous. It's one thing when indy studios borrow from other games, but this is Ubisoft.

This is brazen as hell.

Last edited: