• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
I may get attacked for this, but this looks better than BoTW in almost every way in my opinion. I didn't like BoTW too much and felt it was too big for its own good, but this looks incredible.

Jul 20, 2020
If this game can provide the " greek hero" aspects Odyssey bought without the convoluted story and grindy rpg elements I'm 10000% in.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few things I liked from today's show, although I'm not completely sold on it just yet.

Jun 19, 2020
They made a pretty obvious BotW copy. Looks decent but something is kinda off. The vaults look a lot like "shrines" to me.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
So this is not Gods and Monsters whatever it was called? I'm so confused, why have two games so similar.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
it's amazing how 3 years later every thread still might turn into an "I hate BOTW thread"

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
This looks like one of those games with fine tuned and fun gameplay but 0 variety

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
There are more posts about BotW than Immortals in this preview thread about Immortals.

What are you doing Era.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like BoTW but designed by committe.

Post show gameplay is looking quite good.

I'll probably check it out.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The gameplay thing going on on their post show right now is pretty involved and I think calling it anything more than "inspired" by BOTW is selling it short. It really isn't doing the exact same thing at all.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This actually looks pretty good. I really enjoyed Odyssey. Wonder how the Switch version will run

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks like a modern AAA interpretation of the GameCube shovelware aesthetic.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I may get attacked for this, but this looks better than BoTW in almost every way in my opinion. I didn't like BoTW too much and felt it was too big for its own good, but this looks incredible.
If this game can provide the " greek hero" aspects Odyssey bought without the convoluted story and grindy rpg elements I'm 10000% in.

I agree with both of these. This looks really good. Still wish they kept "Gods and Monsters" as the title because it was great, but I'm definitely into what I'm seeing.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like something I would definitely play. Don't love the art style, but it looks fun. Looks like a bit similar to Odyssey combat.

Someone should do a Kassandra face avatar.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This seems so remarkably...assembled. Like every aspect of the design feels like it fell off of some kind of factory line.

The fourth wall narration is amusing, at least.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha they even copied shrines from BotW. Shameless but I'm digging it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So this has:
Climbing and Gliding with stamina
Vaults (shrines)
Cooking
Movable objects with Kinesis of some kind
Horse taming

Hmm.

Oct 27, 2017
Will the BOTW elements be enough to counteract the lame Assassin's Creed elements? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
As I said elsewhere:

www.usgamer.net

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a Colorful Throwback to Classic 3D Platformers

The change in console generations has usually resulted in the death of certain genres. I remember sitting down, putting hours into arcade-style sports games ...

Very much Odyssey + Breath of the Wild + a bit of Ratchet and Clank.

Will the BOTW elements be enough to counteract the lame Assassin's Creed elements? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Really not much Assassin's Creed at all.