• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Oh god, I hate that 4th wall break narration.

"ZEUS: It's called where's my skip button" or "ZEUS: This mortal has no sense of safety. Jumps right into holes like a rabbit or a tomb ra--" - "PROMETHEUS: Zeus! No lawsuits here please"

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
The animations are far behind Ubisoft's other productions and the artstyle looks like the average of everything popular, but I'm still kinda drawn to the game. They should minimize the HUD though, which takes up way too much space on the screen and the constant mention of loot is a turn off.

Assuming it's single player, has no microtransactions and doesn't devolve into clearing bandit camps and climbing towers to unlock the map, I could see myself playing this.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The character model looks kinda bad? Also the combat so far seems very dull.

Kibou

Nov 4, 2017
That forge seriously looked liked this game's equivalent of the divine beasts

so rifts instead of shrines and these dungeons instead of divine beasts. So aside from combat they also just copied BotW problems
Ubisoft gave me a preview of the gameplay. It's not a dungeon, it's just a larger environmental puzzle and one story quest. At least it was in the demo.

huh, so it looks like the super attacks aren't cool down but rather you build up to them and then unleash them which is much better in my eyes

They use a stamina meter, if you run out you have to use regular sword attacks to fill it up (or potions).

edit: I do have a video about it but it's in spanish so just to sum up: It's fun, obviously very BOTW inspired but puzzles are very varied and there are a lot of them. Combat is the thing I felt was the most different. Really liked the humor.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Ubisoft gave me a preview of the gameplay. It's not a dungeon, it's just a larger environmental puzzle and one story quest. At least it was in the demo.

They use a stamina meter, if you run out you have to use regular sword attacks to fill it up (or potions).

yeah, I like that more than any arbitrary cooldown time because you control when to do big attacks more

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Watched the Aftershow gameplay video.

For some reason it gives me a massive F2P vibe. The style, look, the structure, the loot and cosmetic part, the UI, the combat, how you have your base where you craft shit and then move on to the next area. Style and UI reminds me a lot on Dauntless.

Surprised it isn't a F2P.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
i was pretty meh on this game since the leaked images of it since its art style "changed", and the trailer at Ubiforward was not great, but the gameplay, and the post show gameplay was exactly what I wanted, 4k BotW with what looks like a better and more fluid combat system that takes place in Greek lore? Definitely interested.

But dat logo?
its really giving the original Avatar logo a run for its money for most uninspired design

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It looks good but I'm afraid it might suffer from the typical Ubisoft problem of trying to be a thousand things at once.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
This has Ubisoft's stinky hand prints all over it unfortunately. BOTW is my favourite game ever so I'll keep a close eye on this but I'm not expecting great things after watching some gameplay.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the look of this, it's honestly more AC: Odyssey than Breath of the Wild but it's obvious they took cues from the latter. Which makes sense, of course developers are going to mimic the game that swept Game of the Year awards.

The map size seems manageable which is honestly my only major complaint with modern Ubi open world games.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
It's BotW with an art style that doesn't seem particularly great to me. Not a fan of the games name, or the music in the trailer. Still, maybe once you've made your own character and are playing it it'll be fun. It's got gliding, horses and a fun looking fantasy world, I'm always down for more of that. It just seems a bit like it's taking from various popular games without really having anything of its own to speak of from what we've seen.

This is basically where I'm at. Horrible name. Art is ehhhh. Obviously derivative. But yet looks like it could be a lot of fun to play.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Just going purely off what they showed during the show and the gameplay afterwards, it looks off. The art gives me mobile game vibes, and the animation is janky as hell.

But the main thing for me is how busy it all looks, visually. This looks like what would happen if you took out all of the empty space in BotW. It's just stuffed with visual information everywhere.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wild how much this takes from Breath of the Wild, one small detail I noticed is that she opens chests by kicking them

The visuals are strange, not bad necessarily, just seems like they made some weird decisions that make for an incohesive look.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Just going purely off what they showed during the show and the gameplay afterwards, it looks off. The art gives my mobile game vibes, and the animation is janky as hell.

But the main thing for me is how busy it all looks, visually. This looks like what would happen if you took out all of the empty space in BotW. It's just stuffed with visual information everywhere.

Yup. This looks even more like an amusement park than BotW which was already not great in that regard. You have these giant sections of the world just smashed together like puzzle pieces.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate the HUD, the font, the janky animation, the character designs and the overall artstyle. It feels like the original character model for gods and Monsters was male and they never bothered to build a new one for a female warrior when they hastily rebranded.

But I'd rather play this than some shooter, so I'll keep tabs on this

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Watched the Aftershow gameplay video.

For some reason it gives me a massive F2P vibe. The style, look, the structure, the loot and cosmetic part, the UI, the combat, how you have your base where you craft shit and then move on to the next area. Style and UI reminds me a lot on Dauntless.

Surprised it isn't a F2P.

"Immortals: Fenyx Rising" also has the perfect "Raid: Shadow Legends" vibe as name.

Typicalrik

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or is the hud really generic and bad? I hope there are hud options to resize and hide things.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
EhlFuG3XgAQTmLP

Quick reminder of what this game's development is like.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I love this. Greek BOTW is an awesome concept and the abilities and puzzles look varied enough to set itself apart. Also like the main character quite a bit. Looking forward to this.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm rather looking forward to this. If it's half as good, heck, 1/4 as good as BotW, I'll think the experience will be worth the $60.

I like the style of the game, though I do prefer the style of some of the older footage. But oh well.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man this looks generic and boring. Like take every popular game and mix it into some FORTNITE optics open world blunder. Aren't there enough Ubisoft Open World games already?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least this exist now to give an example of what a BotW knock off looks like when people call out Genshin Impact for using it's ideas :P

That said Im more than ok for more games like this.

That said god damn does Genshin dunk on this games visuals I'm really disappointed in how dialed back it looks compared to their original example

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
honestly

even though this is a rip off and I hate Ubisoft.....its still the best looking and most creative ive seen Ubisoft in a while

ill prob get it during a sale

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
It looks fun (it looking like BotW is, in my view, a good thing), but the artstyle is really, really off-putting... And that name gives it such a cheap feeling too. I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they renamed it.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm very excited for this. Breath of the Wild clone with a Greek mythology theme, AC: Odyssey mechanics and over-the-top combat? Yes, please.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Well at least this exist now to give an example of what a BotW knock off looks like when people call out Genshin Impact for using it's ideas :P

That said god damn does Genshin dunk on this games visuals I'm really disappointed in how dialed back it looks compared to their original example
The Greek setting alone gives it a unique flair compared to the original concepts shown by Genshin Impact which literally lifted the slimes/guardian animations/etc wholesale.

Genshin may look prettier, and I look forward to giving it a shot, but to pretend like it wasn't really shady the first demos they showed is kinda over simplifying the first showing of Genshin.

That being said Genshin has done some great things to set itself apart after the years of development and multiple showcases, however it will still be gacha and still by a gacha mobile developer. There is no telling how that game will come out in the end with content and/or balance, because the money has to come from somewhere. I would have preferred buying the game outright myself.

Either way, I get where you were coming from but disagree that Genshin did not look more blatant in its first showing down to the very climb animations and enemy camps it showed.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I like what I see, but it needs more polishing.

Yeah, Genshin looks alot better gameplay and visually.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Greek setting alone gives it a unique flair compared to the original concepts shown by Genshin Impact which literally lifted the slimes/guardian animations/etc wholesale.

Genshin may look prettier, and I look forward to giving it a shot, but to pretend like it wasn't really shady the first demos they showed is kinda over simplifying the first showing of Genshin.

That being said Genshin has done some great things to set itself apart after the years of development and multiple showcases, however it will still be gacha and still by a gacha mobile developer. There is no telling how that game will come out in the end with content and/or balance, because the money has to come from somewhere. I would have preferred buying the game outright myself.

Either way, I get where you were coming from but disagree that Genshin did not look more blatant in its first showing down to the very climb animations and enemy camps it showed.
Ok but this game is out in December and Genshin is out this month. How do they look NOW? Genshin was really bad at first I dont deny that. I was saying the original showing of Gods and Monsters visually was way better.

Thankfully a little bit of shader tweaking could go a long way to help for pc at least

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Ok but this game is out in December and Genshin is out this month. How do they look NOW? Genshin was really bad at first I dont deny that. I was saying the original showing of Gods and Monsters visually was way better
I was only speaking to:
" Well at least this exist now to give an example of what a BotW knock off looks like when people call out Genshin Impact for using it's ideas :P "

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression usually. So this kind of remark came off as dismissive of the concerns and commentary regarding the original showing.

That's all.