• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Outside of them making the artstyle and name much worse this looks decent. Hope the switch version is good

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for this. Would be awesome if the Switch version runs competently enough... or even had maybe Pit from Kid Icarus as a playable character for a bonus exclusive. ha

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems heavily influenced by botw in a lot of aspects. i like the puzzle aspect but i don't think the rest of the game is for me :/

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
This really looks like someone applied an amateur cartoon mod over an Assassin's Creed game. Like, if you want to do the cartoony aesthetic go for it, but don't then apply Assassin's Creed lighting to it. The teaser from way back did a much better job art-wise.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft tends to let you customize your UI in their games right?

It is messy, but if I can remove weapon/power and item UI elements in the bottom right and left of the screen that would go a long way (or other stuff like removing damage numbers and stuff).

I think it look great without that stuff.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The concept of the game is great, but there is something super off about the execution.

Lots of jank and lack of oomph in general I guess.

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
I like the world and the idea...But the gameplay and interface don't look so hot to me

docannon

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish the typography/UI wasn't so close to BOTW. It baffles me that you'd take uhhhh "heavy inspiration" from another game across all aspects: gameplay, graphics, and UI. This approach just enhances the appearance of a knock off.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the game. But jeez at least differentiate in the font department.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That forge seriously looked liked this game's equivalent of the divine beasts

so rifts instead of shrines and these dungeons instead of divine beasts. So aside from combat they also just copied BotW problems

Nov 18, 2018
It's obviously just a mashup of AC Odyssey and BotW but it looks pretty fun to me. Doubt I'll get it day one but I can definitely see myself playing this unless the reviews are awful.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Wooooooooow, they're not even trying to pretend that they're not copying BOTW wholesale. That's just shameless.

The title sucks too

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Amusing that Nintendo basically made Assassins Creed : Zelda edition and now Ubisoft are returning the favour, but it does look a lot of fun. Quietly looking forward to this one.

Also , you could actually write the responses to a Ubi game thread before hand and not be too far off.

Entirely predictable.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
huh, so it looks like the super attacks aren't cool down but rather you build up to them and then unleash them which is much better in my eyes

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Why do you have a cursor in the skill tree screen in a console game? why?
Assassin's creed and Destiny 2 does the same thing. I just don't get it.
Who likes pointing a cursor with their gamepad? I really need to know.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Given that BOTW is totally not playable at all on PC, I can see this doing well. I kinda like it even. Looks charming.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks promising, but probably another year of polish is needed, I can see lots of jank and bloat that could be trimmed. Animations didn't look good at all.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I've played it. It's nice.

- combat is "just okay" I'd say, but active skills feel nice & powerful
- yes, it SCREAMS Zelda BOTW, gliding is relaxing and cool, climbing is tricky
- what was the best for me in the demo were all the various puzzles, this is the one element that was not really in BOTW in such form
- while exploring you always seem to see something interesting around