• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Still needs €20 for me, would have already bought it if it wasn't for the character design.

Ubisoft should have invested into the character appeal. I skip all the dialogue in Genshin at this point, and I still care about the characters way more than Immortals just because Immortals characters are some kind of Pixar abortions. I also pay €20/month for 3 months of Genshin now...

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do kind of want to play this, but the style of humor in this game is an absolute deal breaker for me. I can't deal with it, unfortunately.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm still unsure if I'd be into this one. I'm an AC fan, enjoyed BotW, but if the narrative is light here it might not be for me. And from what I understand there are a lot of puzzles too. Not really keen on puzzles right now lol.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
I really wanna play this game, but I've been 8 years strong on my boycott on never giving Ubisoft money and I don't want to break it.

I may finally break and buy this game used, it looks so fun and $29 is a steal.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KqYWYsvh.jpg

Plan to pick this up eventually, just don't have time to play it now. By the time I get around to it it'll probably be $20 lol

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
It's a fantastic game, combat is fluid and varied, puzzles can get a bit tedious but only a few times. Overall it's a blast.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Price is live now in case people came in earlier and didn't see it up yet.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Argh, I've been trying to hold off on buying this, but the universe is trying so hard to tempt me. I guess it would be ok since I've completed AC Valhalla and Spider-Man Remastered recently....

Of course, I'm afraid it'll drop another $10 after I buy it lol.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Will probably pick it up. I could go for something that's unapologetically gamey as hell at the moment.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Another advantage of buying physical during the holidays. LOL Just kidding, but not really.

My brother who I borrowed the game from paid $60 and still has his receipt...that has a return date of January 15th.

I'll save him $30.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Was very salty at them for going super hard on the Online Pass trend back in 2013. I also tried to boycott EA, but they have so many games published under their banner I eventually caved. Never really cared much for Ubisoft titles, and after Assassin's Creed 3 I was already done with the franchise so it was easy to cut them off. At this point it's just for fun lmao.

Kohlbiri

Apr 3, 2019
Will the Gold Edition ever drop in price? Specifically for Switch. I don't buy DLC often and uhhh $40 for the season pass is a big no for me.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm still unsure if I'd be into this one. I'm an AC fan, enjoyed BotW, but if the narrative is light here it might not be for me. And from what I understand there are a lot of puzzles too. Not really keen on puzzles right now lol.
The game is actually a bit funny. It's pretty much "Quality of Life: The Game" any annoyances in open worlds has been stripped and streamlined for the player. Fighting is decent, all the powers you can expect; fast run, glide (more like full on flying), guided arrows, etc. it's just a big playground for puzzles (lots of little mini/ easy puzzles) and fighting. It's a decent game at $30.
Graphics are pretty decent too.

The Greek accents are horrible tho, almost unbearable.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
played the stadia demo when that was available and thought it was decent enough from the little i played. dug the botw-esque mechanics and ubi openworld gameplay but the writing and overall story didn't hit for me at all.

i'm sure this'll be on sale quite a bit.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is $40 compared to the PS4 $30 one.

Is there any benefit at all to getting the PS5 version considering the PS4 one comes with a free copy of the PS5 version?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
PS5 is $40 compared to the PS4 $30 one.

Is there any benefit at all to getting the PS5 version considering the PS4 one comes with a free copy of the PS5 version?
Only the annoying thing at times on PS5 installing both versions with the disk if you leave it in the system. I'm just gonna get the PS4 version.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this game, but if it took like 12 seconds for it to drop 50% then I'll just go ahead and wait a bit more.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Get this game, y'all. It really is a perfect blend of Assassin's Creed: Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla and Breath of the Wild and it has a pretty great sense of humor. It was well worth it at $60, it's an absolute steal for $30.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Get this game, y'all. It really is a perfect blend of Assassin's Creed: Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla and Breath of the Wild and it has a pretty great sense of humor. It was well worth it at $60, it's an absolute steal for $30.
Agreed 100%. I actually don't mind the writing at all. Not all jokes land, but I've legit chuckled a couple times. There's also a decent element of physical humor. There's a point early on when your character dives off a ledge in a clear nod to the Assassins Creed series, but partway down starts flailing and screaming. It was pretty good.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Have there been comparisons on switch vs ps4?
This is my main question, too.
Personally I haven't seen any, only with PS5 or Xbox-X (maybe there was one with PS4 Pro as well), but the Switch version is (imo) fine. Of course the higher up you go in the console power food chain, the better the game will look, but I completed the game 58 hours handheld only with no issues that I recall and it looked fine to me. I am not a frames counter though.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Personally I haven't seen any, only with PS5 or Xbox-X (maybe there was one with PS4 Pro as well), but the Switch version is (imo) fine. Of course the higher up you go in the console power food chain, the better the game will look, but I completed the game 58 hours handheld only with no issues that I recall and it looked fine to me. I am not a frames counter though.
Sounds good to me. I played 60 hours of Age of Calamity, so I guess I don't mind if there's a frame issue. If it looks fine on handheld and feels good, that's enough.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good to me. I played 60 hours of Age of Calamity, so I guess I don't mind if there's a frame issue. If it looks fine on handheld and feels good, that's enough.
Btw, I also bought it at full price ($60), no regrets. Fun game (just, for those that loved BOTW, don't go in expecting BOTW, except for some mechanics)

Last edited:

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably worth that. Not a masterpiece by any means, but fun enough for what it is.