• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Actually just bought this game on Switch and while is still not a looker, I think the full game actually looks better than the demo for some reason.

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I own this on PS5 but I downloaded the demo for the Switch out of curiosity and I think it looks quite decent.

However it has this annoying film grain type effect though and I cant see a way to disable it. Is that intended?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Actually just bought this game on Switch and while is still not a looker, I think the full game actually looks better than the demo for some reason.
From what I've heard the game got some patches after launch that improved the visuals and performance overall, and its possible the demo is from an older build that doesn't have those changes (it is using the Stadia demo after all which I'm pretty sure is entirely separate from the main game)

Mar 31, 2018
I also finished it on PS5. I kind of... disliked it? Like, a lot?

I mean, it's getting praise for being funny but I thought it was insanely not funny and I am the type that is amused pretty fast.

Mar 31, 2018
I didn't find it very funny either but what about the gameplay? I think it's a lot of fun just like the transversal

That was fine for most part but the narration was there on so many moments that it kept me 'annoyed'.

Haven't disregarded the game yet but it definately has lost my interest for a full priced game, as harsh as that may sound.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've heard the game got some patches after launch that improved the visuals and performance overall, and its possible the demo is from an older build that doesn't have those changes (it is using the Stadia demo after all which I'm pretty sure is entirely separate from the main game)
Yeah the demo is on 1.0.0, latest Switch version is on 1.1.0 and has had a few improvements that look pretty good! Based on some youtube videos.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I got the PS5 demo. It looks pretty on a big ol 4k HDR TV. The game play seems pretty tight so far. I'll finish it up, but looking like this may be a keeper.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, the visuals on Switch don't bother me anymore in the full game and more importantly, I really dig it.

Sure, it has the whole Ubisoft open world formula with tons of collectables to look at but the overworld, exploration and combat are really entertaining to keep being invested into it.

More importantly though, I really want a Kid Icarus from this same style of gameplay. Hell, I find the banter between Zeus and Prometheus annoying but I think if Palutena was acting as trollish as Zeus while Pit has to tolerate her it would be really endearing. It's terrible that Nintendo and Ubisoft didn't make some sort of crossover DLC yet.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this was more like BOTW but it seems Ubisoft just fundamentally mistunderstood what made the game a masterpiece. Didn't find any enjoyment in the PS5 demo but people seem to like it here so you know, great for them.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I wish this was more like BOTW but it seems Ubisoft just fundamentally mistunderstood what made the game a masterpiece. Didn't find any enjoyment in the PS5 demo but people seem to like it here so you know, great for them.
All BOTW managed to do for many people, myself included, is bore us to tears, and annoy us to no end with the tedious weapon system. The crafting system was also needlessly bloated. This game appears to be made with us in mind, which is probably why the game is a love it or hate it title for many. I was turned off initially when I saw the game described as a BOTW clone, but having now played the demo, nothing could be further from the truth. It's more of an AC clone, but with a more interesting story, world, and combat system. I don't like AC games anymore or BOTW, but I love this.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded and finished the demo Friday... Instantly bought the game on the ps5 and am loving it.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
So, how much better does it look on Switch with updates? Can't seem to find many videos about the 1.10 version.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Demo was fun, so I went ahead and subscribed to Ubisoft+ for a month to start the full game. Played for 4 hours today. I love the graphics, the combat is good, and the side content seems to be much more varied than in the modern AC games (only played Odyssey though, but got bored pretty fast). I don't mind the humor either.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate the character design and the banter, but love just about everything about the demo. Glad you can put a helmet on Fenyx.

Very tempted to buy this, but might wait for a sale.

Jul 26, 2018
I didn't find it very funny either but what about the gameplay? I think it's a lot of fun just like the transversal
That was fine for most part but the narration was there on so many moments that it kept me 'annoyed'.

Haven't disregarded the game yet but it definately has lost my interest for a full priced game, as harsh as that may sound.
I hate the character design and the banter, but love just about everything about the demo. Glad you can put a helmet on Fenyx.

Very tempted to buy this, but might wait for a sale.

That's actually why my wife and I, who basically spend hundreds of hours in Ubisoft's open world games, haven't really looked into this game much. Cartoony characters, barter and all that kind of "fun" can put as off. In fact, I find the most stupid dialogs and quests in AC too annoying to just ignore them. This is what I like about The Division 2, their open world is smaller, more compact and virtually not cutscenes or dialogues. It sounds like a downgrade compared to AC's open world but honestly I'd rather have that rather than a game that's too silly for its own sake. I hope I'll get enough sense of the game "humor" from the demo to decide. Even if I like it, I'll wait for a large sale, maybe the spring one.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Tried it the other day. The gameplay itself seems pretty good on Hard and I could imagine getting a lot put of the climbing mechanic, but the way the story's told... huge turn-off.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I enjoyed my time with the demo I will say that gliding seems super basic and a missed opportunity for a lot of fun and depth.

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
Posted about it on another thread awhile back, but I really disliked the humor. If they ever decide to give this game a sequel, please drop the whole humor thing you thought you got going - it didn't work.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Demo looked pretty good and was fun, but I didn't like the HDR in it. Everything shadow related looks really f'n weird and unnatural. Way too dark and therfore irritating.
Booting up Genshin Impact after that was like day and night of HDR quality.

Dual Sense support is also a bit strange.
You know this little "click" noise that the controller does when it let loose or deactivates the trigger mechanics in other games? This clicking sound happens here all the time as part of the normal vibration pattern. Makes me worry about my controller.

But I loved the story telling, was that all unique for the demo?

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
I've been replaying Breath of the Wild and going from that to this is... jarring. Fenyx isn't bad per say, but the gap in craftsmanship is so apparent. It feels so much worse to play. There's too much happening on screen.

I don't hate the sense of humor, but I agree with other posters that they never seem to shut up, and trying to pay attention to the narration while fighting or navigating the noisy world map is aggravating. Big difference from zen-like BOTW.

I could see myself playing the full game at some point but I think I'd need a palate cleanser first.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately it just reminded me too much o assassin's creed Odyssey. Looks like they reused a lot of assets from it too.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed what I played but the excessive hud is putting me off from purchasing. Would be nice if more games utilized dynamic HUD.

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute... it's possible to download a PS4 version of the demo on PS5? Is that why the demo ran like crap on my PS5? Why would they even have a PS4 demo available on PS5 if there's a PS5 version?? šŸ˜†

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I also finished it on PS5. I kind of... disliked it? Like, a lot?

I mean, it's getting praise for being funny but I thought it was insanely not funny and I am the type that is amused pretty fast.
The writing is just plain bad. The humor feels like it was written by a high school student and meant for an audience of other high school students.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it on sale the other week on Switch after the cheap Walmart eshop credit. It has been a good time so far. The story is meh and the writing really tries too hard, but the weapons don't break and there are things closer to dungeons than BOTW so I like it more over all. The world doesn't seem as interesting and the puzzles are limited to flip the right switch but it's been a good mindless time sink. I wouldn't recommend it at full price, but for $30 or less if you want an easy open world game that you don't need to think about the story on its worth it.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Also, someone please tell developers not to make users navigate UI menus by moving an analog cursor around screen like a mouse. It's maddening.
I'm with you. It drives me completely crazy. I think the first time I saw it on console was Destiny, and I hated it then, and still hate it in modern AssCreed etc.

PLZ STOP DOING THIS, DEVS šŸ˜­

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, as a ubisoft hater, and somebody who thought BOTW was a 7/10 at best. This game is really really good, a complete surprise.

The thing that it misses from BOTW is the pleasure of just walking around finding stuff, the game is clearly designed to be a checklist of icons on a map like all the ubislog games, but it also misses weapon degradation, general world emptiness, constant time wasters, and incredibly dump and boring puzzles. It also has a proper fighting and progress system, pretty generic and nothing to write home about but again it doesn't give you toys and then take them away after 3 swings, and its writing is at least amusing if not funny.

It's a 8/10 game, nothing that one can't skip, but I'm having fun and will likely play to completion.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Been on the fence about buying this for PS5.

Wish the demo came out long before Control, Destruction AllStars and Concrete Genie tomorrow on PS5+ though.....