• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 13, 2017
I would be much more excited if we got an Ubisoft vs Monster Energy legal battle at this point.
Even removing 'generic Ubisoft open world' tropes from this game I can't separate it from the icky feeling I get whenever I see Ubisoft.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the scope of the world. Huge statues and big mountains and huge cliffs. Looks cool!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The world in this game looks really vibrant and fun to explore. Looking forward to it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will get this for PS5 the instant it goes on sale.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
ShowyDigitalCollie-size_restricted.gif

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
"Hermes' area, Clashing Rocks, is sort of the tutorial area where we want to give you all of the tools, introduce you how to use each of them, and then we set you free in the world after that to go free and do whatever you'd like to do."

Hmmm...
Really looking forward to exploring this world, looks really cool and intriguing.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I keep reading the name of the game but it sounded so incredibly generic that I've never checked it out. Trailer looks pretty cool, though! Might have to check it out some more.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
Really hope this pans out. Waiting for a good sale won't hurt, but if it gets 90+ I'll probably go day one.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm down for BoTW meets Greek mythology.

If you look at the structure of BoTW it's honestly a genius idea. Doesn't seem to be physics based like BoTW was unless I missed something.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be a fantasy Greek-myth offshoot of AC Odyssey, not unlike the Elysium DLC itself. They still have yet to reveal the modern-day sections though.

I'm kidding, this game may give people the best of the mechanics and settings of the recent AC games, without some of the rules and motivations of the world of AC. I expect some repetition across areas, but don't mind it so much in the AC games as it is. I'd be interested to see any super-duper mythological challenges.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This gonna be special.

Itd be cool if this became a franchise we're the deep dive into various cultures mythos.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's strange they already tell you and show you the last region and boss of the game.

There's something I don't visually like about the world. Maybe it is the density and clutter. It looks very unreal and gamey if that makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
I love this so much. I don't even care how much it's cribbing from BotW. It looks like a game I want to play, so they've done well so far.

And hearing that you can turn off UI elements is a big plus. AC:Odyssey had that exploration mode which was a nice touch, but it was still mired in the Ubi-ness of it all. Hopefully this let's you go full BotW pro-mode and just have fun exploring without the need to be guided if you don't want to be. Should be an option in every open world game, honestly.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I would love for Developers at some point to also reveal how much of their open world is actually designed and how much is just 'here's some terrain and our artists tried to make it pretty'...

This looks pretty cool, but everyone seems to slap this 'open world' buzzword onto their games thinking it's the next cool thing that gamers want to hear, when it really should all be about the quality of the level design instead.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How is it that AAA marketing budgets are in the millions and yet they can't afford to buy their spokes-developer a decent mic setup/train them to not record over zoom.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really looked into this, but question, do the weapons break in this game like botw

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love how this looks. It being so delineated by zones instead of a cohesive world is the only thing that is a bit weird. BOTW effectively had "zones" too, but I felt there were at least some transitions between areas. Here it looks like a sharp drop off where each zone is very much cut off as the next starts, almost like it's WoW or something.

But that's a minor complaint. I really like how the more colorful areas pop. Also cool that they are putting in more mounts than just horses. Hopefully there's a Pegasus unlockable in there.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
This looks like an iphone game from an unknown developer that gets taken down for stealing someone's ideas.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple new gameplay vids.

I like the gameplay, but they really need to work on the style and cluttered nature of the UI.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting a more Breath of the Wild inspired game than this looks to be, but atleast there's Genshin Impact.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most recent thread about Fenyx Rising so I'll just bump this one.

I was just watching this walkthrough video by Ubisoft and this game looks really fun. I appreciate they try to do some things different than AC Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC, with the flying, combat system and enemy designs. Also puzzle and platforming elements in the vaults seem good.
I also like a game I wouldn't immediately have to turn off once my daughter enters the room.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Games too violent for her? Or not violent enough?
By the time I will play this she will be two - so everything daddy plays is way too violent. At least the game is colorful and of she sees me playing it she will like it. (Of course I try to not play at all when she's up and about, but that's a discussion for another topic ;) )

Oct 28, 2017

I was just watching this walkthrough video by Ubisoft and this game looks really fun. I appreciate they try to do some things different than AC Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC, with the flying, combat system and enemy designs. Also puzzle and platforming elements in the vaults seem good.
I also like a game I wouldn't immediately have to turn off once my daughter enters the room.

I didn't really like Zelda to be honest. But having watched this, I am for sure buying this game. It looks fantastic.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

You can always make a new thread. Its something new and official. It will get more eyes on it. :)