• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Did a meteor kill the dinosaurs?

Yep yep yep

Nope, because adult Charlie Brown is certain the Dinosaurs made it onto Noah's Ark and were saved, and they lived well past the Great Flood. The Bible tells us so:

WXSFu.jpg

So the meteor most certainly did not kill off the Dinosaurs, despite what Science and Archaeology might want us to believe!!!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, because adult Charlie Brown is certain the Dinosaurs made it onto Noah's Ark and were saved, and they lived well past the Great Flood. The Bible tells us so:

WXSFu.jpg

So the meteor most certainly did not kill off the Dinosaurs, despite what Science and Archaeology might want us to believe!!!

I'm sorry it was a closed question.
I said yep yep yep

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
A single massive asteroid impact would blast a lot of material to the skies which would fall back in smaller pieces, so not much misleading.
Sure but the one in the giffs showing multiple asteroids being lit which means they are asteroids. Other wise materials falling from asteroid impact won't be lit since they won't be fast enough to make a heat from atmosphere.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
T-rexxx live at the end of the world
euRcMpN.png

DID IIIIIIIII DO THAAAAAAAAAAT?
QSA5yD4.png

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sure but the one in the giffs showing multiple asteroids being lit which means they are asteroids. Other wise materials falling from asteroid impact won't be lit since they won't be fast enough to make a heat from atmosphere.

They were already heated by the initial impact. Hell the whole atmosphere catched fire from the impact (with a level of O2 around 35% there was probably a global fire at the time).

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The worst part is you just know some of them had hot dino dates lined up for the weekend that were cancelled on account of their extinction.

Oct 25, 2017
Was there ever any attempt to make a mock-up video of how that day would have gone? Like a very realistic, no frills depiction? Kinda like that footage on Youtube where you follow 9/11 from start to finish with all the footage they have: no music, just the cold horror of it all minute by minute.
There's some details in stuff like thjs: https://arstechnica.com/science/201...he-impact-crater-the-day-it-did-in-the-dinos/

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
So are world-ending asteroids so rare that they just happen to only hit when no humans are around?

'cause there's been nothing even remotely on that scale coming to earth ever since humans came into being...

Are the aliens protecting us?

There have been 5 big mass extinct events in the current Eon which begun 550 million years ago. The End Cretaceous mass extinction that wiped out the dinosaurs was one of these 5. The other events had different causes as well. So that is about 1 world ending event every 100 million years or so.

Sure there have been lots of little extinction events (the most recent the Quaternary extinctions which humans were around for).

The worst mass extinction was the Permian-Triassic extinction which was caused by runaway greenhouse effect. This went a long way to pave a path for the dinosaurs.

Interestingly it has been argued that we live in the sixth mass extinction, called the Holocene extinction.

Nov 27, 2017
I like telling myself that this image is the original source of inspiration for Horizon: Zero Dawn

I was just thinking Dino-Riders would make a pretty dope IP if someone wanted to make a game and movie out of it. I just checked the wikipedia page and it says:

In October 2015, Tracking Board reported that Mattel has teamed with Solipsist Film to develop a live action Dino-Riders movie with Alissa Phillips and Stephen L'Heureux producing.[26] As of 2018, there is no indication in the media that the film is going forward.

Maybe it's too similar an idea to the JP movies now though...