• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Pedro for running the game! it lowkey was one of the most stressful games i ever played but it was fun to just....see what nonsense i could get away with as scum. now i know i can openly protect a teammate and get away with it \o/

I'm legitimately shocked I didn't get lunched. Like 100%. I was counting myself out halfway through the first day phase, and basically was ever since (even nights).

It was fun playing with you all though! And yeah Fanto that's insane figuring out you had there. It's been fun!
100% same. Really thought you might have been gone Day 1 if not for the last minute change there. The subsequent days too were a real rough time and I'm surprised you never got back on the table for a lunch.

I can not believe how many fucking gifs we posted in this thread lmao.
trying to view this game on mobile was a nightmare because of it.

I WAS PULLING FOR YOU SO HARD AND THEN YOU HAD IT AND I SAID AHHHHHHHH but I know how this shit goes and the doubt sinks in and mafia does their thing and THEY ARE ALL MONSTERS

but you were golden
Yeah, you were great Fanto! You and Monkey made a great powerhouse of a team.

hence why she had to die :>

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I WAS PULLING FOR YOU SO HARD AND THEN YOU HAD IT AND I SAID AHHHHHHHH but I know how this shit goes and the doubt sinks in and mafia does their thing and THEY ARE ALL MONSTERS

but you were golden
Ugh! It was so hard at the end, that read list at the start of the day was just based on me looking at the votes overnight, nothing else. So I feel pretty good that my vote analysis solved it in LyLo at least.
Yeah, you were great Fanto! You and Monkey made a great powerhouse of a team.

hence why she had to die :>
Aww, thanks, you did great too! I was fooled several times, and it was only ever vote analysis that made me think you were Scum. Your posts alone were pretty Townie I thought.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have many people to thank but it's almost 2AM so I'll do that in the morning when I can write something longer. For now, I just hope everyone had fun with the game!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
But yeah, overall I loved the game once again! Posting nothing but images is a challenge I love, and big thanks to Pedro for hosting another one.

My only worry is that if I play again I won't have any gifs left to post, we posted so many of them in here!

I came to truly fall in love with some of these new gifs we found though, I'm pretty sure I'm going to post this one in actual games tbh:

giphy.gif

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank God it's over.

I'm legitimately shocked I didn't get lunched. Like 100%. I was counting myself out halfway through the first day phase, and basically was ever since (even nights).

It was fun playing with you all though! And yeah Fanto that's insane figuring out you had there. It's been fun!

For real, I thought you were dead day 1 and I was positive that I was going down day 2, which is why I kept throwing shade at Neeks, in hopes that people wouldn't look too closely at her and she could ride to victory.

I have a lot more to say, but I have to be up at 4am for work, so it will have to wait. (The boss won't mind Mafia stealing one more day of productivity, right?)

But seriously, props to Fantomas and Verelios for giving me several small heart attacks today.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Fun game, even though about 90% of my posts were done on my phone. Thank god for decent wifi lol.

Sorry I wasn't here to unvote before the mafia rush, had to go out with family. Really enjoyed the format and I liked having to think of gifs to convey what I'm thinking.

Got convinced that mafia blocked the Captain Nuevo vote from happening D1 and then couldn't see anyone else wanting to go after him again during the future days.

Mafia played well, did what they needed to do to get the lynches. Neeks drove two of them really well, though I wish she was around D3. I would not have been that content with the Geno lynch if there was more back and forth.

Great game overall, and definitely a first for me lol.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Missing Day 3 really bummed me out. I was planning on being here 2 - 3 hours before Day End but before that even if I had access on my phone it's unlikely I would've said anything other than I would've been gone. Trying to coordinate gifs on mobile is a nightmare and big props to anyone who played with that.

Gotta say though, waking up early Saturday morning to find Geno turboed was a nice surprise. It meant I could crawl back into bed and go back to sleep n_n;;

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Missing Day 3 really bummed me out. I was planning on being here 2 - 3 hours before Day End but before that even if I had access on my phone it's unlikely I would've said anything other than I would've been gone. Trying to coordinate gifs on mobile is a nightmare and big props to anyone who played with that.

Gotta say though, waking up early Saturday morning to find Geno turboed was a nice surprise. It meant I could crawl back into bed and go back to sleep n_n;;
I played like that
giphy.gif

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, I played about 75% of this game on my phone. Another 20% was on my work pc at work. The rest was on my PC at home.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank God it's over.

For real, I thought you were dead day 1 and I was positive that I was going down day 2, which is why I kept throwing shade at Neeks, in hopes that people wouldn't look too closely at her and she could ride to victory.

I have a lot more to say, but I have to be up at 4am for work, so it will have to wait. (The boss won't mind Mafia stealing one more day of productivity, right?)

But seriously, props to Fantomas and Verelios for giving me several small heart attacks today.
You did an admirable job trying to pocket me, but I don't think I ever trusted you once lol. Hopefully you had fun, would love to see you around in games more often! :)
Got convinced that mafia blocked the Captain Nuevo vote from happening D1 and then couldn't see anyone else wanting to go after him again during the future days.
Yeah, we really should have gone for Cap on D1, and then again on D2, and D3, but we kept talking ourselves out of it with sicker reads.

I still feel bad about going for Terra on D1 of all people, but that was a true #SickRead! He was giving me the same vibes I had from him in Love Boat 3, which I pointed out to Monkey, and it was D1, sick Meta reads are how I roll! Lol :P

I really hope I get to play with you in the future as well. I loved trying to explain my playstyle to you through images, and you being like "But I still think that's scummy!" and all I could do was be like "I'm just being me!" lol.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I made exactly one post from my phone, which was at the start of D3. I still prepared it on my PC though, I just knew I was going to be gone at day start so I saved a draft to post from my phone lol.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You did an admirable job trying to pocket me, but I don't think I ever trusted you once lol. Hopefully you had fun, would love to see you around in games more often! :)

I thought I had you cracked today, but it fell apart. I was trying to argue, "After all the investigative work you've put in, Verelios has the gall to call YOU scum? Clearly he is Mafia, trying to silence a powerful town player," which is a difficult argument to make when you can only communicate in images.

As for having fun and playing in the future... I don't know. We'll see. The first day or so I was filled with anxiety and planning to announce that this was my last game and I was going to really go into full retirement. But then I kind of eased back into the flow and got excited about it again. So I don't know. I probably won't play again very often, but I might look into getting back into running games again. Let's be honest, I've never been very good at Mafia, but I always enjoyed hosting.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vere, Retro. You are both insane and I have a huge respect for both of you playing on mobile like that.
I thought I had you cracked today, but it fell apart. I was trying to argue, "After all the investigative work you've put in, Verelios has the gall to call YOU scum? Clearly he is Mafia, trying to silence a powerful town player," which is a difficult argument to make when you can only communicate in images.

As for having fun and playing in the future... I don't know. We'll see. The first day or so I was filled with anxiety and planning to announce that this was my last game and I was going to really go into full retirement. But then I kind of eased back into the flow and got excited about it again. So I don't know. I probably won't play again very often, but I might look into getting back into running games again. Let's be honest, I've never been very good at Mafia, but I always enjoyed hosting.
One of us, one of us.

I'll be expecting a game from you soon, then. <3

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Props to all the players for doing this. It was a bit hard to follow along to for a while, but I'm impressed with how you were all able to convey what you were trying to say :o

I especially liked all the "going to sleep/got work to do" gifs. XD

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly buying into it for a bit since Vere had kept me in his Scum pool since D1 and it felt like he might have been working towards that. But once you voted Vere it was obvious you were Scum and he was Town, but of course I don't blame you for doing it lol.
Well I would definitely sign up for one of your games in the future! :)

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

trust me, me too.

When I went on to check the Day 1 end after you being so clearly in the lead.

It was depressing.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, everyone!

Congrats to Mafia for winning, and thanks, everyone, for playing in this game. I saw multiple people playing from their phones and I know that must have not been very easy 😅
This was the role distribution for this game: https://vote.fireblend.com/mafiagen/VPF91DMFPbQB/

I don't regret changing from 2d3 to C9++ so more people could be here (and I'm glad that everyone who signed up for this game, even the replacements, played a little of it), but I think at some point there were so many posts that it was hard to follow. If I run one of these again, I'll pick a small setup and stick to it so it's an easier experience.

Thanks to Nat for always being there to take care of the OM side of this game (couldn't have done it without u), to Retro for answering to my invite and signing up for a game after a long time (I'm glad you feel like maybe possibly playing in the future!, couldn't have done it without u), Z-Beat and Fireblend for quickly entering the game after I asked if they could make it (couldn't have done it without u), to Monkey as always for sharing with me the idea for these games in the first place (couldn't have done it without u), and to Aeleus for hanging out in the modchat to see how things work over there (couldn't have done it without u)!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I especially liked all the "going to sleep/got work to do" gifs. XD
I felt bad for how often I was doing these, but day start was right when I got off work, so I would throw in a quick post and then have to try and convey, "and now I have to go pick up my daughter from my in-laws and run some errands and get her down for a nap and possibly start dinner." Then I'd come to the thread, post a bit, and have to convey, "and now it is dinner and time to put the little one to bed," and then later, "and now I must sleep," and then the next morning, "I have to stop playing Mafia and do my job before I get fired."

TLDR: If you're wondering why I haven't been around much lately, it's because I've got a full time job, a two year old, and a wife who's six months pregnant.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I felt bad for how often I was doing these, but day start was right when I got off work, so I would throw in a quick post and then have to try and convey, "and now I have to go pick up my daughter from my in-laws and run some errands and get her down for a nap and possibly start dinner." Then I'd come to the thread, post a bit, and have to convey, "and now it is dinner and time to put the little one to bed," and then later, "and now I must sleep," and then the next morning, "I have to stop playing Mafia and do my job before I get fired."

TLDR: If you're wondering why I haven't been around much lately, it's because I've got a full time job, a two year old, and a wife who's six months pregnant.
For how busy you are these days I think you played really well and was actually pretty active.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For how busy you are these days I think you played really well and was actually pretty active.

Thanks! On day one or two Fanto accused me of "skating through" which I thought was a little unfair, (I was trying to be active, honest,) so I tried to ramp up how much I was playing so I couldn't get accused of it. Didn't matter, everyone scumread me anyway lol

Oh, I also wanted to say I felt bad for pushing a Fireblend lunch, especially because I kept having to talk to him about other community stuff during/right after it went down. I kept wanting to say, "Hey, sorry for killing you, but I'm scum in a Mafia game, that's how it goes."

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly buying into it for a bit since Vere had kept me in his Scum pool since D1 and it felt like he might have been working towards that. But once you voted Vere it was obvious you were Scum and he was Town, but of course I don't blame you for doing it lol.

I got impatient and pushed that too hard. We knew Cap wasn't showing up on Sunday, but Maol had voted Verelios, and I thought I could put my vote down, talk you into voting, and then Sawneeks could come in with the hammer and we'd be done. I knew it was a mistake as soon as I put my vote down, but I couldn't really say, "Oh, no, never mind, hey, why don't we go after Maolfunction instead?" I was committed.
For a little while I was convinced I'd blown the game for us, but I kept telling myself that as long as Cap showed up, we could block a Scum Lunch by voting 3/3, and then win by night kill, as long as someone wasn't secretly a Vigilante.
(I didn't think this was likely, but I had asked Pedro why the game didn't end when it was 3 scum vs 3 town, and he told me he thought there was still a chance Town could survive. To me, a Vig was the only explanation there, although in retrospect it could have been the possibility of Cap just not showing up to save me from a lunch.)
(I should also say that I didn't realize I could look at the setup and figure out there probably wasn't a Vig until after this point.)

Well I would definitely sign up for one of your games in the future! :)
Thanks! We'll have to see, and it probably won't be for a while if/when it happens.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a little while I was convinced I'd blown the game for us, but I kept telling myself that as long as Cap showed up, we could block a Scum Lunch by voting 3/3, and then win by night kill, as long as someone wasn't secretly a Vigilante.
(I didn't think this was likely, but I had asked Pedro why the game didn't end when it was 3 scum vs 3 town, and he told me he thought there was still a chance Town could survive. To me, a Vig was the only explanation there, although in retrospect it could have been the possibility of Cap just not showing up to save me from a lunch.)

Yeah, I didn't get your PM but I couldn't help you further. Did you not realize that there were 4 townies (fanto, maol, vere, z-beat) alive versus you 3? Those 4 could still group up and vote one of you out, that's why the game didn't end at the start of D4.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I didn't get your PM but I couldn't help you further. Did you not realize that there were 4 townies (fanto, maol, vere, z-beat) alive versus you 3? Those 4 could still group up and vote one of you out, that's why the game didn't end at the start of D4.
e1tonZU.gif

Oh my God, I'm dumb lol. I guess I wasn't counting Z-Beat? I swear I counted on the player list like four times.
Wow, holy shit we got lucky. ROFL. Maybe my "Earnest but dumb" wasn't such an affectation after all.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lololololol, when i saw you talking about a vig in the scum chat i was very confused xD but hey, still won.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, everyone!

Congrats to Mafia for winning, and thanks, everyone, for playing in this game. I saw multiple people playing from their phones and I know that must have not been very easy 😅
This was the role distribution for this game: https://vote.fireblend.com/mafiagen/VPF91DMFPbQB/

I don't regret changing from 2d3 to C9++ so more people could be here (and I'm glad that everyone who signed up for this game, even the replacements, played a little of it), but I think at some point there were so many posts that it was hard to follow. If I run one of these again, I'll pick a small setup and stick to it so it's an easier experience.

Thanks to Nat for always being there to take care of the OM side of this game (couldn't have done it without u), to Retro for answering to my invite and signing up for a game after a long time (I'm glad you feel like maybe possibly playing in the future!, couldn't have done it without u), Z-Beat and Fireblend for quickly entering the game after I asked if they could make it (couldn't have done it without u), to Monkey as always for sharing with me the idea for these games in the first place (couldn't have done it without u), and to Aeleus for hanging out in the modchat to see how things work over there (couldn't have done it without u)!
Thank you for running this game! It's a ton of work for a mini, but the community loves them so I'm glad you've been willing to deal with the stress of it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for running this game! It's a ton of work for a mini, but the community loves them so I'm glad you've been willing to deal with the stress of it.
Partway through I thought about suggesting that I could run the next Image Mafia so Pedro can play, but I'm not sure I'm up to linkchecking four billion gifs lol

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! On day one or two Fanto accused me of "skating through" which I thought was a little unfair, (I was trying to be active, honest,) so I tried to ramp up how much I was playing so I couldn't get accused of it.
I think it was Mao that accused you of skating. I was accusing you of being a lurker, meaning that, sure you had a good game presence, but you would pop in out of no where to jump into ongoing conversations, which was hard to convey in gifs, I had to use this one:

giphy.gif

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was Mao that accused you of skating. I was accusing you of being a lurker, meaning that, sure you had a good game presence, but you would pop in out of no where to jump into ongoing conversations, which was hard to convey in gifs, I had to use this one:

giphy.gif

Ah, yeah, lol that was true. Not a lot I could do about it. I kind of had to jump in where I could.