• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm planning to watch all the movies (including Hobbs & Shaw) this weekend. I have only watched the first one so it's all new to me. Is it possible to watch all the movies in 3 days? I'm I going to lose my mind at some point? What's your favorite movie from the saga?

Today I already watched The Fast and the Furious and I just finished 2 Fast 2 Furious and boy those first two movies are not that great. Paul Walker's character got way too douchey in the second movie and I'm not sure at which point they go from simple street racing to jumping from planes and full superhero abilities. I know that Tokyo Drift fucks up the timeline but I'm not sure if I should watch it next or what is the correct chronological order.

So yeah I'm joining THE FAMILY, I think is going to be a wild ride. (I know the general plot and spoilers so don't worry about spoilers in this thread, I really don't mind. I'm here for the SPEED baby)

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
z e r t it gets better, stick with it.

And just remember when you're in Fast 8, how far you've come from hearing Paul Walker say, "I SAID FORGET ABOUT IT, CUH."

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I liked Tokyo Drift even if it had little to do with the rest.

Still waiting on seeing an American Muscle Car do the same thing as those Civics.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
5 and 6 are generally considered to be the best, but I still have a huge soft spot for the first movie. Nostalgia helps, but I also love the street racing vibes and it has the coolest cars in the series. To this day, one of my dream cars is that Supra.

4 is underrated IMO.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe this franchise went from Point Break with Cars where the biggest crime was stolen DVD players to "racing against on airplane with Supercars on a runways that's a hundred miles long" to finally "fighting Idris Elba in fucking power armor while he attempts to take over the world or some billshit"

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I still can't believe this franchise went from Point Break with Cars where the biggest crime was stolen DVD players to "racing against on airplane with Supercars on a runways that's a hundred miles long"
If somebody offered me the contents of those trucks from the original movie in 2020, I'd tell them not to bother. It's a really fun slice of tech history to look back, honestly.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If somebody offered me the contents of those trucks from the original movie in 2020, I'd tell them not to bother. It's a really fun slice of tech history to look back, honestly.

Yeah if I remember right, even back in 2001, DVD players weren't THAT expensive and ultra-cool tech anymore. Dom and Co were literally risking life and limb for what cost about the same as a high end UHD player 4k today...

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
if you didn't like the first two, not sure why you'd even bother with the rest.

Once you get to Fast Five it's basically a completely different genre. They're like heist/spy action movies at this point.

Tokyo Drift is dumb fun but the fourth movie is genuinely terrible so buckle up for that one.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
nah I'm sure this is going to be a life changing experience and some may say spiritual even. It has to be personal and I share it with era because you know... you're family.

giphy.gif

Oct 30, 2017
Once you get to Fast Five it's basically a completely different genre. They're like heist/spy action movies at this point.

Tokyo Drift is dumb fun but the fourth movie is genuinely terrible so buckle up for that one.

4 is much better than 2, and where the series started to shift direction. it's kind of forgettable but i wouldn't call it terrible.

five is definitely the best though.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I think its fantastic. People rip on it for being corny but you dont have to watch them.

And its legit one of the most intentionally diverse casts of high grossing movies anywhere. GREAT diversity, and its the biggest thing thats ever happened to a lot of the cast members, many of which are really good people and OWE that franchise a lot.

Its a fantastic story of success for these actors and actresses IMO. The family thing is a bit corny, but its the only real reliable paycheck for a lot of these guys these days so I can see why they protect it the way they do.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Drift is really fun and doesn't mess with the timeline but if you mean wanting to follow the timeline faithfully by number then yeah you can watch the movies like this:

1-2-4-5-6-3-7-8

I personally love the first movie but two is hit or miss. It's goofy as fuck. Four is when things start to change for the series and 5+6 are the highlights. Amazing movies. ENJOY AND WELCOME TO THE FASTFAM!

Edit: I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the fourth movie lol It was a nice continuation after not knowing for years what happened with everyone and it's a nice breather before the crazyness of five and six.

3 > > > 5 > 7 > 8 > 6 > 1 > 2 > > > > > > > > > > ∞ > 4
I think i've found the worst F&F list ranking. 7 and 8 being that high lollllllllllllll

Last edited:

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
4 is much better than 2, and where the series started to shift direction. it's kind of forgettable but i wouldn't call it terrible.

it is absolutely terrible. The second movie is incredibly stupid ( ejecto seato cuz) and over the top. The fourth movie takes itself too seriously and it's a boring slog the whole way through.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take that as a compliment.
tumblr_paf2wnGgbs1vqyxqpo1_500.gif

Agreed.

The movie was the first with the original cast back in years and I think it did quite well bringing everything back and setting up the fifth movie. I still have no problem watching it even if I'm more excited for five and six after.

OP
OP
z e r t

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh Tokyo Drift was really fun. Han is my favorite character so far, now I understand the hype with the F9 trailer. Also holy shit at that last minute Toretto cameo. Wasn't expecting that.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch the first one, then watch the last one. Do this:

tenor.gif

Then go back and watch the rest to find out how they possibly managed to get from street racers to superheroes.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They're dumb heist flicks, for the most part. Heist flicks are almost always fun, especially when they up the budget.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you made it past 2 Fast 2 Furious then the worst is behind you, tho Hobbs and Shaw is thoroughly mediocre. Five is the best, enjoy the dumb ride!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
You're in a unique position to track just how far off the rails this series has veered over time.

Notice how relatively grounded the first few movies are, and remember that for later.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like 1-4 are bad but 3 is saved by being set in Tokyo with a lot of fun music. And 5 and on are so ridiculously over-the-top stupid that they end up being enjoyable in a weird "B-movie with a huge budget" way. Almost like they decided to parody their own series and somehow it works.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Tokyo drift is the best, fight me.
Best action, best cars, best story sadly boring main guy though

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While watching Fast 5, I kept thinking it was easily the worst in the series, but then I had a sudden epiphany. The F&F franchise isn't really taking place in our world, it's taking place in a world where cars are magic, and Dom is Gandalf. From that perspective, Fast 5 is the best.

After finishing Fast 5 look up some behind-the -scenes stuff. Without spoiling anything, the climax was done practically. They did all of that shit for real. How!? Even watching how it was made looked fake. Also Furious 7 had some great behind-the-scenes stuff. Justin Lin and James Wan get it done.

OP
OP
z e r t

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Fast & Furious (the 4th one) and I'm not sure if I enjoyed. I mean I didn't hated it but it's just meh. Looking forward for Fast 5 🚘

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing Tokyo Drift in theaters, that parking lot after the movie lol

edit: Fast 5 was the only other of these I saw in theaters. I fucking loved it, haven't watched it since though.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5, 6, and 7 make one hell of an action trilogy. The others? Well, they're there too...

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I had sort of convinced myself of this without evidence since I haven't really been intrigued to watch any since. Good to hear
He is wrong. Fast 6 is the high point and then things start to get dumb with Fast 7 and 8.

Fast 5 is an amazing movie but six is such a great followup you're missing out.
5, 6, and 7 make one hell of an action trilogy. The others? Well, they're there too...
Ehhh 7 ruins the previous films setup and the only good part is the ending. Won't say much more since OP might get spoiled.

That's exactly what I did some years ago with my family and it was a really fun ride.
Yeah I watched them in that order with friends and family to make the death more impactful haha

Han <3