• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This shit all sucks fam. There's way too much shit going on. I wanna sleep and I wanna not worry about shit. I ain't giving up but fuck.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."

The Dalai Lama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeap, it's draining but stay strong. The pendulum always swings back the other way. But yeah, that won't be for a bit though, lol

Try watching a comedy you've been holding off on. I'm rewatching Always Sunny currently and it never fails to lift my spirits.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's tough, but what may help is working out. Find some body workout videos on YouTube and follow along. At least do that before you go to bed.

There's huge difference in hormone levels after working out that helps with cortisol and reducing stress.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tune out the news as much as you can. Maybe limit yourself to 10 minutes a day or something.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I'd want to say something to make things better, but... it's perfectly understandable that the state of the world is taking a toll on you.

"If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever."

The Dalai Lama
what if you cannot trust yourself to do the things that need to be done

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
we need an animated avatar stimulus package to cheer everyone up
giphy.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Actually i've been getting enough sleep lately and i'm less tired than i've been in months.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

The Dalai Lama
Worrying isn't helping, but shit talking on shitty situations feels like a relieve sometimes.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
It's getting hard to work honestly. I know I should be very thankful I have a job right now but with the all of the rest of your life completely changing, it gets hard to just log in and go to meetings remotely like everything is normal. It should be comforting to certain degree but my mind is so anxious.

Doesn't help that I don't enjoy working from home very much.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's tough, but what may help is working out. Find some body workout videos on YouTube and follow along. At least do that before you go to bed.

There's huge difference in hormone levels after working out that helps with cortisol and reducing stress.
Also THIS. My building's gym closed and my membership gym did too, so I hadn't worked out in a week almost. Finally did a home workout yesterday for the first time and felt my mind completely at ease and mood elevated after. Working out after almost a week of no physical activity really made me realize how much it did for my mental health.
we need an animated avatar stimulus package to cheer everyone up
Uhhh wow, we could use this.

What if we had a "casual Fridays" kind of thing here where we're allowed animated avis for just one day a week. What do you think B-Dubs , is this possible??

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Control what you can control and be thankful for what you have.

When shit really hits the fan its makes you realize how lucky most of had it.

That said it is frightening when scary shit is going down and you have a stupid orange asshole in charge. The thing that has scared me the most with this crisis is exposing how utterly incompetent our governments actually are.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
can confirm that doing a daily 30 minutes cardio workout since the crisis started is helping reduce my anxiety.

unfortunately that is being offset by my inconsiderate noisy upstair neighbors whom I no longer have any escape from during the day.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP. Having trouble staying focused on schoolwork, today has been especially shit and it just started really. But really, just gotta avoid the news and keep on doing what I'm doing. I've been fine all things considered.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I've been waking up and thinking "what a crazy intense dream", and then it sinks in. I get it OP, this stuff hasn't even really affected me that much. No kids, job is safe and I already worked remote, plenty of food and our house is safe. The only thing that's affected me is that I can't get my games from Best Buy/Amazon and I can't go drink at the bar.

But just thinking about everybody that is affected, the kids that can't socialize anymore, the older generation that's at risk (including my parents), people losing jobs or not getting paid, those that are sick or will be sick. Everything's so sad and gives me anxiety.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
It's getting hard to work honestly. I know I should be very thankful I have a job right now but with the all of the rest of your life completely changing, it gets hard to just log in and go to meetings remotely like everything is normal. It should be comforting to certain degree but my mind is so anxious.

Doesn't help that I don't enjoy working from home very much.
I said the same thing to a co-worker today. It's hard to sit in on meetings and listen to people bicker of stupid project work that doesn't matter. We're in a weird place right now, clearly. We just gotta get through it and that's that. Not going to be easy, but at least we got each other.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
reading the news is very draining i agree. ive started cutting off all internet news/reading starting at 5 pm. then using the evening to do relaxing/productive things. helps air out a bit before bed. tonight im going to check in on my animal crossing town, vacuum, walk the dog then more AC or halo CE MP.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Take comfort in knowing that for the first time in modern human history, everyone on earth, black or white, old or young, rich or poor - we're all in this together.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do breathing exercises
Binge a show you've been meaning to watch
Catch up on movies you haven't seen yet
Play Animal Crossing
Write a diary during this time, even if it's just through your computer word documents

Above all, realise that no matter how tired you feel, there are people on the front lines in hospitals that are far more tired and don't have the luxuries the rest of us do.

This will eventually pass.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta stop caring about shit so much. You're just a passenger on this train, you can't steer.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yah, it feels like lots of major movement and decisions in my life effectively paused due to the state of the world. Not that there's anything I can personally do about it, but it's quite the odd feeling. Just gotta power through.