• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Nightwing cool?

• Yes. šŸ¤”

Votes: 417 62.9%
  • No. šŸ˜Ž

Votes: 246 37.1%

• Total voters

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The red suit was cool, I won't accept this slander:

A13WEJE4d2L.jpg

If you're a fan of Dickkory upcoming stuff for the series might dissapoint you..........
Nope!

Red suit was always bad, even if the series was okay.

DC should have never destroyed Bludhaven.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've reached saturation point with all things Batman, honestly...

...Nightwing is cool because he doesn't try too hard to be.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Wrong, Dick Grayson is awesome. Dude has men, women, and non-binary people all over him, he is more fun-loving than Bruce and is considered one of the hearts of the DCU. Hopefully we'll get a proper on screen character portrayal of him someday.

Dick and Starfire. Loved them in Titans. One of the best pairings in comics, imo.

Too bad current DC editorial hates it. I'm hoping that when more Millenial and Gen Z writers start working for DC they read some Wolfman/Perez Titans and put Dick/Kory back together in the mainline universe. And actually make them serious, no dramatic interrupted weddings.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Making plans to kill your friends under the guise of preparing for the off chance they turn evil is some the corniest, lamest shit you can do and the fact Batman didn't put Riddler in the dirt for killing Kite Man's kid makes him ultra lame.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Street level cool ranking:
  1. Daredevil
  2. Spidey-Man
  3. Moon Knight
  4. Batman
  5. Punisher
  6. a bucket of melted ice
  7. Blue Daredevil with max bunyons
  8. Green Arrow

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Making plans to kill your friends under the guise of preparing for the off chance they turn evil is some the corniest, lamest shit you can do and the fact Batman didn't put Riddler in the dirt for killing Kite Man's kid makes him ultra lame.

Sure, Batman's an asshole. He's still looks cool.

Y'all really out here trying to explain how great a person Dick is. Did I ask that? This ain't about whose the best dad or who you trust to look after your home while you're on vacation. The question is whether this carny kid's night time persona is cool, especially when compared to Batman. And that stick wielding, trapeze boy ain't cool.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, Batman's an asshole. He's still looks cool.

Y'all really out here trying to explain how great a person Dick is. Did I ask that? This ain't about whose the best dad or who you trust to look after your home while you're on vacation. The question is whether this carny kid's night time persona is cool, especially when compared to Batman. And that stick wielding, trapeze boy ain't cool.

I'm with you OP.

The Bat-Family sucks in general actually. There's no one concept in Batman that makes less sense that him taking a kid and letting him fight crime. Damien is the only one who HALF WAY makes sense but he's stupid a waste of space too.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Fuzzy memories but think it was the mid 90s where DC was really trying to push him and I just remembered my friends and I kinda disliked him. Haven't read comics since then though since that's the time I lost interest in it all.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nightwing is campy and reads more like a "Batdude" than a "Batman". Like a transitional stage between Batman and Robin that's trying to stand on its own. Nightwing is cooler than Robin but not as cool as Batman and that's fine. His costume doesn't have enough dignifying characteristics, and that's also fine for the character. I draw the line at "wingdings" though. Fuck off. Though ironically that reminds me of the worst part of Batman Begins -- where Bruce is hand carving batarangs, with the implication that every one is hand carved.

You can't just attack a cultural icon like this, OP.

midnighter.png
isn't this midnighter? is he talking about dick?

Last edited:

Deleted user 119316

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 22, 2022
Nightwing malum est. Nullus vere vult Nightwing. Etiam Nightwing non placet Nightwing. Qui aliter dicit, insanior tam Caligula est. Ego LX cento vos leones iactarem si possem. Ita me omnes aegrum efficis ut ventrem meum evomam. Culus eius ne pulcher est!

Nightwing is bad. Nobody really likes Nightwing. Even Nightwing doesn't like Nightwing. Anybody who says otherwise is as insane as Caligula. I would throw 60% of you to the lions if I could. You all make me sick so that I want to vomit up my own stomach. His anus isn't even that beautiful!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I can appreciate the unmitigated love BossAttack has for the cool factor of capes. They do add a lot of fashion pizzazz.

Plus Batman's is also practical, since it makes him a murkier, flowing target in the dark and makes it harder for goons to know what to shoot at.

Capes are good. Edna is bad and wrong.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If you open the dictionary and look up "dork", this photo is literally there :

Batman_First_Reviews1.jpg