• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Nightwing cool?

• Yes. šŸ¤”

Votes: 417 62.9%
  • No. šŸ˜Ž

Votes: 246 37.1%

• Total voters

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even like Nightwing (not really a fan of DC comics growing up) just based on his costume not being really much of an upgrade from his Robin costume, but even I know that Dick is a well-adjusted cool guy that makes Bruce seem even more like a weirdo in comparison.

Forget Dick being a character who successfully graduated out of being a sidekick and establishing his own role, the fact that he became a more successful adult emotionally than his mentor is a win in itself.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even mess with DC like that but even I know Nightwing is dope

It's OK to have awful taste OP

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Damn what a cool cover
Yeah the art in the ongoing Nightwing series is really awesome.
img_2076.jpg

34e1c0e0a5995f0e6f64d96395f3394b90e77d0c.jpg

NightwingTaylorRedondo1-scaled.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think criminals ever look up at the top of buildings before they commit their crimes in Gotham? Spotcheck for bat-family.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with OP on a lot. A LOT. Liking the latest Dr Strange movie that much is a criminal offense in my book.

But this day you have me at your side. And I will not leave it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Only time Nightwing isn't cool is when he sports the red New 52 costume or goes by Rick.

Otherwise it goes Nightwing > Cassandra Cain > Oracle > Tim Drake > Spoiler > Batman > Damien > EVERYONE ELSE > Jason Todd

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Nightwing works better in extended DCU stuff than as a character on their own or with the Bat-Family for me. He's emotionally well adjusted Batman.

I really liked Joe Kelly's take on Nightwing in his JLA run where he was the leader of a replacement league.

"If you really are Green Lantern, ghost or otherwise, you know a passphrase"

"The daring young man on the flying trapeze."

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Batman wore his undies on the outside for over 80 years.
That guy's a loser.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Nightwing is a better character than batman and has been for ages.

Batman almost instantly degenerates into an author insert/mary sue character in any team setting where every other character needs to become stupider so batman can look smart. And god help the writer who dares imply that batman has flaws or can make mistakes.

Nightwing is more human, is not treated as infallible, has interpersonal skills, actually knows how to be happy and has an awesome ninja aesthetic. nd he thrives in a team setting because he can have interactions with other characters that are no limited to "You're wrong because I'm batman" and "I knew you knew I knew you knew that!"

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only uncool Batfam member is Jason Todd, who is the worst character in comics ever.
Damian is also not cool but he's a small child so he gets a pass

So yeah Nightwing is cool and badass and I love him in Titans. Batman is cooler obv

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I like Nightwing better than Batman, he seems more of a normal person compared to Bruce. And his suit is fucking dope. Also gymnastics!

Also: thanks for posting the Nightwing comics. Gonna read them.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I admit to have never read or watched anything with Nightwing in it.

Edit: wait, was Red Hood him?

Kharnete

Has Hechtā€™s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Dick is only cool or relevant as the "hey, he was the first Robin" figure and as Batman replacement doing it on his own style.

But it could be worse. He could be Jason Todd.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
He looks like Goro from Mortal Kombat here. Something about the proportions looks off.
I mean Nightwing is obviously the best character in all Batman's gallery. I don't care if the OP likes to be wrong, but using whatever Snyder's Snydervision take on Batman or I don't even remember the tagline for that future as a proof of coolness it's justā€¦ Oof.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
didn't know Dan DiDio registered an era account

Batman almost instantly degenerates into an author insert/mary sue character in any team setting where every other character needs to become stupider so batman can look smart. And god help the writer who dares imply that batman has flaws or can make mistakes.

Nightwing is more human, is not treated as infallible, has interpersonal skills, actually knows how to be happy and has an awesome ninja aesthetic. And he thrives in a team setting because he can have interactions with other characters that are no limited to "You're wrong because I'm batman" and "I knew you knew I knew you knew that!"
Agreed with all of this.

A lot of the people who wrote well regarded Batman runs (King/Snyder/Morrison) have Dick-centric (lol) runs that I like more. (Grayson/Black Mirror/Batman & Robin, respectively)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Nightwing is more human, is not treated as infallible, has interpersonal skills, actually knows how to be happy and has an awesome ninja aesthetic. nd he thrives in a team setting because he can have interactions with other characters that are no limited to "You're wrong because I'm batman" and "I knew you knew I knew you knew that!"

Accurate. Batman has become a living meme in the comics, movies and animated features and it's so rare he's actually used well nowadays. Dick is at least a character.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
By starting your argument by saying that Batman is cool, you've already lost.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I own the Kotobukiya Nightwing Ikemen statue so I clearly love Dick lol

Also the only thing that makes him lame is that he is a cop for his day job.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Man everytime the topic of other Batfam members come up I just feel swindled over the fact we haven't seen a single good live action depiction of them besides Robin and probably never will at this point wid'all the REBOOTS!! Everytime..! šŸ˜­

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Oh my god, I forgot how much that visual of Batman wearing Mac's duster from Always Sunny is, like, the dumbest possible look ever.