• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
If you missed its announcement at The Game Awards, The Callisto Protocol is a single-player survivor horror game set on Jupiter's moon Callisto. The trailer alone says it all:

The development team includes over 30 ex-Visceral employees as well as the original director of Dead Space. It seems to have all the hallmarks of an awesome sci-fi horror experience. As someone who thought last gen severely lacked in this department, I'm hoping this game will be the Dead Space we never got last gen.

NeoSabin

Aug 12, 2019
So that's why it looked so much like Dead Space. I really thought it was DS making a comeback during the awards lol

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm more interested in how it's supposed to be in the PUBG-verse

Setting it I the PUBG universe will be just be a marketing move.
Mention the name of a PUBG location in some text logs and put a can of energy drink in a spaceship vending machine. Boom. Same universe

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
There are rumors about PUBG2 floating around, some insider talk and job applications in Korea. That game could set up technology and world history for other projects set in that universe.

I would not be surprised if that game showcased advancements of Unreal 5 in 2022.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a prison DayZ since PUBG but instead of zombies you get those mutants. Didn't know it was single player.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Now that Amnesia: rebirth has released, Callisto Protocol is my most hyped horror game thats upcoming. Particularly so because of Glenn Schoefield. The Creator of Dead Space.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah...I want that feeling of isolation Dead Space had. Maybe there's something in this that evokes that type of atmosphere and adventure.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
This gen really lacked scifi horror games (aside the fantastic Alien Isolation), good to see next gen has covered this cool setting already decently with Returnal and Callisto Protocol.

Looks right up my alley.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Who would've thought that out of all the current IPs out there PUBG woulda been the one to give us a chance at a new Dead Space.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The light at the prisoner's neck is the health UI. Same as Dead Space.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Missed this after the awards. Damn, it looks great. Can't wait to see the gameplay.

Love the Alien homage.

Is this going to be open world or semi-open like GoW?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wish it had a more memorable name.

It's probably my most anticipated next-gen (current gen now I guess) game at the moment and unless I see it written out I couldn't tell you the name of it.

I'd have loved if they went the Yooka Laylee route of having the spiritual successor named very close to the original.

"Lifeless Void" or something, haha.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Wish it had a more memorable name.

It's probably my most anticipated next-gen (current gen now I guess) game at the moment and unless I see it written out I couldn't tell you the name of it.

I'd have loved if they went the Yooka Laylee route of having the spiritual successor named very close to the original.

"Lifeless Void" or something, haha.

Really? I thought the name was the coolest part about it lol

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I thought the name was the coolest part about it lol
Yeah, it just doesn't stick in my head for whatever reason.

Maybe it'll end up like a Horizon: Zero Dawn situation where the context in-game will make it click with me more, but for now whenever I stop thinking about the game the name just slips right out until I see or hear it.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Hell yeah!

Glen Schofield is awesome. I was so bummed it was announced he was working on a PUBG universe game. Seeing how that didnt mean just a military game is super exciting.

This is one of my most anticipated games in a very long time.

Horror Sci-Fi is incredible and gaming needs more of it. Glen saying their goal is to make the scariest game ever is all I needed to hear.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
If you missed its announcement at The Game Awards, The Callisto Protocol is a single-player survivor horror game set on Jupiter's moon Callisto. The trailer alone says it all:

The development team includes over 30 ex-Visceral employees as well as the original director of Dead Space. It seems to have all the hallmarks of an awesome sci-fi horror experience. As someone who thought last gen severely lacked in this department, I'm hoping this game will be the Dead Space we never got last gen.

Feeling mutual, i love the setting, being able to look up and see Jupiter in all its glory will be awesome.

Dec 25, 2017
Never even heard of this until opening this thread. It has my attention and just instantly shot up into my most anticipated list. We need more good horror games in general, but sci-fi horror ala Dead Space elevates this hype to a new level for me.