• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I see. My dad had Continental flight benefits via Chelsea Food services. Good luck man, pass travel is really hard around the Holidays. My wife and I tried it for the first time before Christmas and missed 3 flights over 2 days while our bags flew on ahead. We ended up buying ultra expensive one way tickets that cost us triple what we would have spent if we just bought normal tickets ahead of time.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Holy cow, talk about a rough week.

Good to see that there's people available to help. Hopefully things will work out for you.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Can't believe one of you guys already hopped on a train lol. I mean, that's incredibly nice, but kinda brash haha.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I had something similar happen when I was stationed in Japan, and was coming back from leave.

Left my ticket from Haneda to Misawa in the states and had to sleep on the benches until the airlines opened in the morning.

Wasn't the best night of sleep, that's for sure.

Hope you get everything worked out.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had something similar happen when I was stationed in Japan, and was coming back from leave.

Left my ticket from Haneda to Misawa in the states and had to sleep on the benches until the airlines opened in the morning.

Wasn't the best night of sleep, that's for sure.

Hope you get everything worked out.
I had an overnight stay and just went to a nearby capsule hotel. It was awesome.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Holy shit, literal summon of Solaire. Living up to your name, sunbro!

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get why you're not accepting the help offered man, shooting yourself in the foot

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Why cant you just turn on roaming on your phone etc and eat a couple of mins extra for the text? Plus haneda has free wifi, used it last month.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least you're stuck in one of the best countries in the world. Wish I could get stuck there every year :p

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Haneda have sim card vending machines? I'm fairly sure they do in the Arrivals section.

Might cost a few yen but if you're stuck in a hole in the fog with an owl...

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Doesn't Haneda have sim card vending machines? I'm fairly sure they do in the Arrivals section.

Might cost a few yen but if you're stuck in a hole in the fog with an owl...
Nice deep cut there.

What are you, some expert on Japanese culture?

M52B28 just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw up your 2FA over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to help M52B28 with any mobile device, nor will they help purchase any new SIM cards. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but M52B28 has alienated an entire country with this move.

M52B28, publicly apologize and cancel 2FA for your Windows Phone or you can kiss your flights goodbye.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
best way out of these situations is to reject help and vent on the internet

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Why cant you just turn on roaming on your phone etc and eat a couple of mins extra for the text? Plus haneda has free wifi, used it last month.

I posted info about the free WiFi but I think OP didn't see my post. I think he said his PC was having trouble, but there's also a business center in terminal 2 that has PCs for use as well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't get why you're not accepting the help offered man, shooting yourself in the foot
I am not shooting myself in the foot. My foot has already been shot for not fixing my 2FA. Rest assured, I think I resolved the issue. I managed to fix my ticket on my computer after going to a domestic terminal in Haneda.

Turns out my ticket didn't even exist until now, but now it's being processed by United after submitting the booking number to the website and re booking the flight itself.

The thing that sucks is that there is only two flights leaving tomorrow. We may have a further issue later, but I have to wait until Saturday afternoon to see.

I'm going this Summer, being alone in a country where you don't speak the native language is hard.
Despite having a friend fluent in Japanese with me, when alone, it was easy to get around and it was only sometimes goofy when ordering food.

Know your mannerisms in Japan and you should be good. If you're going out to the countryside like I did, it may be harder.

Feb 3, 2018
do whatever the guy from Yakuza does.

Or visit the bartender at Haneda I hear he is Amazing Kenshiro I believe his name is

b8a.gif

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I thought Lost in Translation was about before I actually watched the movie. A guy stuck on an airport in Japan for a week because he doesn't speak the language

XD

Well I guess it's not that bad. Yet.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I've used Haneda WiFi with a US phone and Laptop. Go speak to one of the attendants - some of them speak English.

Also, if you had to sleep at Haneda overnight, tie your bags around your legs and find one of the monitor/charging stations and lay your head down there on a piece of clothing. I got 3+ hours of sleep that way once.
This is Japan, no one's gonna steal your shit.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
There's a slightly difference in leaving a coat or bag alone for a moment, inside a restaurant vs being tired, stressed and blacking out at an airport.
A moment?

You go and line up for order which can take quite a while. And if oppertunity turned people into thieves then an unsupervised restaurant is mire likely to do so than an airport with cameras everywhere.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
windows phone and an old laptop that can't connect to 5G.

Time to come to the future OP.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to spend a night there after Delta fucked up my flight and split me from the people I was travelling with. It made no fucking sense. Couldn't really get any sleep but they had showers there which was actually pretty nice.

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
OP, when you say you travel internally do you mean as a non-revenue standby using a ZED fare? What website are you trying to use? Is it myidtravel?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that you managed to get everything sorted out.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
A moment?

You go and line up for order which can take quite a while. And if oppertunity turned people into thieves then an unsupervised restaurant is mire likely to do so than an airport with cameras everywhere.

Welp, you got me there. Can't comment on that, as I don't go out that often, but the places I went, didn't require me leaving my seat, unless I'm going to the bathroom or well, leaving the place.

Anyway, that was just an idiom and my post was just a quick reminder to not be careless, as I was thinking of what happened to OP back in December, where he forgot a camera back in the San Francisco Airport.

I'm not trying to spread FUD or anything about Japan :3

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it all works out OP. Was there last February and loved it.

I used a pocket wifi during my time there for phone stuff - absolutely worth it, for those considering making the trip.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm missing something. If you can't connect to anything then how are you posting here?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
lol what? How did you manage?

Was there for five days, ate a pastry in the morning, usually ate at a food stand for around ~$5 during the day, there was a cheap restaurant near the hotel that was around the same price, so that's around $70 for food, I spent maybe $60 on passes, rest was for souvenirs.

I went over by $80 due to how expensive the airport trainpasses were and one last Fate/Zero figure.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there for five days, ate a pastry in the morning, usually ate at a food stand for around ~$5 during the day, there was a cheap restaurant near the hotel that was around the same price, so that's around $70 for food, I spent maybe $60 on passes, rest was for souvenirs.

I went over by $80 due to how expensive the airport trainpasses were and one last Fate/Zero figure.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I hope I will visit Japan someday.