• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
2016 Square Enix:

2021 Square Enix:

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I mean, you could just buy the discs and pop them in your Xbox One or Xbox Series X consoles. They're very cheap.

I suspect they wanna spruce it up a bit before launching it. Which makes me think an HD remaster is coming around the board. Day one on GP of course.
They did at the very least spruce up the cutscenes so that they're now in 4K on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X, FWIW.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Final Fantasy games on gamepass seem to operate on "you get one, you lose one" so when it happens, will probably be around when FFX leaves.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next tier of Game Pass subscription is keeping Final Fantasy XIII off the service.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they're taking time to port Win 10 versions for simultaneous release on PC game pass

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I've been waiting for it to Op.

I don't want to hook my PS3 so I've been waiting for it to launch on Gamepass so I can play it on my Series S.

Hopefully soon.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I see these threads, I whet my hunger for a FF XIII Trilogy remaster on PS4/5. I have not been able to play the series since I moved onto the PS4 and it's getting very annoying. Heck, if XIII can get the Zodaic Age treatment and fix some gameplay issues, it could be very special and bring in new fans.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
They're saving the best for last

World of Final Fantasy i mean

rucury

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
They know that those great games are not to be confused with Game Pass rabble. You must wait for the honor to play the eventual remasters.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are the FF13 games REALLY that bad? I never played them

The biggest complaint I hear is that it's like a long linear corridor/hallway. But tbh so was FFX and I enjoyed that game

If it's so bad, what exactly is bad about it?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

The biggest complaint I hear is that it's like a long linear corridor/hallway. But tbh so was FFX and I enjoyed that game

you're not getting a straight answer here
its best to play it and form your own opinion if you get the chance

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Coming into this thread as someone that loved Final Fantasy XIII:
giphy.gif

I'd gladly pay for a remaster lol

You're not alone. Bunch of trash takes in this thread.

If you could handle the FFX corridors and the FF7R corridors, you'll be fine with FFXIII. The sequels get rid of this issue though and open up exploration a lot.

I will admit that the story gets more nonsensical with each sequel. I still enjoyed it overall, but it gets crazy wild at the end of Lightning Returns lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Don't plan on replaying XIII, but never tried out the sequels, and probably will give XIII-2 at least a shot when it comes to Game Pass.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've said before but it likely is taking awhile because they're going to touch up the PC ports to add achievements and such.

Since it was the only game in the whole list that was a little finicky (as there's no current-gen port).

Thankfully this deal might end up with us having the best version of the game barring Xbox PC usage. But that's a small price to pay after how wonky the ports are even with fixes on steam.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'd maybe replay XIII-2 if the port is fixed. The version on Steam is terrible.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I just find it so sad that the entire trilogy has not been able to be played on a Sony console for almost eight years....

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

FF13's story is poor & a lot of takes place outside the game itself in encyclopedia entries. It also feels like it has little to no relationship to what you're actually doing - like it feels like you're just doing random dungeons and then having story unlock at the end. The combat is interesting but only shines when you have 3 characters in your party & for the first half of the game, it tends to stick you in 2 person parties. The gameplay progression is stiff as well - it has a sphere grid like system a la FFX, but you have to reach certain points of the game to increase your LV cap so if you don't avoid battles, you frequently reach the cap and can't get stronger. Oh and you don't even unlock the ability to LV-Up for 2-3 hours. Weapon system is weird - you only have a small amount of weapons and you feed them materials to make them stronger so the correct strategy is to just pick one weapon and only use it, but you have to make the decision before you know if you'll get another weapon that has a better stat distribution.

Basically, F13 has an interesting battle system but the pacing is weird & it has some weird design decisions and the story is disjointed. Soundtrack rocks though.

FF13-2 feels like it has a much lower budget. It's time travel focused which is fun & the pacing is stronger. On the downside, the difficulty level is noticeably lower than FF13 so you have this great battle system but nothing really to take advantage of it.

FF13: Lightning Returns feels like a completely different game. I've only played the demo but it looked like the story was more insane than everything in the first two games combined. Only one character in your party & the combat system is more action-oriented while not going full-on Action/RPG.

I'd probably buy a FF13 Trilogy Remastered Collection, especially if they tried to fix some of the flaws of the original games, like adding a Hard mode to FF13-2.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Square Enix: Who?

I hope someday they release a remastered trilogy, ffxiii is an amazing mess, ffxiii-2 has a lot of amazing content and never player lightning returns.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
FF13's story is poor & a lot of takes place outside the game itself in encyclopedia entries. It also feels like it has little to no relationship to what you're actually doing - like it feels like you're just doing random dungeons and then having story unlock at the end. The combat is interesting but only shines when you have 3 characters in your party & for the first half of the game, it tends to stick you in 2 person parties. The gameplay progression is stiff as well - it has a sphere grid like system a la FFX, but you have to reach certain points of the game to increase your LV cap so if you don't avoid battles, you frequently reach the cap and can't get stronger. Oh and you don't even unlock the ability to LV-Up for 2-3 hours. Weapon system is weird - you only have a small amount of weapons and you feed them materials to make them stronger so the correct strategy is to just pick one weapon and only use it, but you have to make the decision before you know if you'll get another weapon that has a better stat distribution.

Basically, F13 has an interesting battle system but the pacing is weird & it has some weird design decisions and the story is disjointed. Soundtrack rocks though.

FF13-2 feels like it has a much lower budget. It's time travel focused which is fun & the pacing is stronger. On the downside, the difficulty level is noticeably lower than FF13 so you have this great battle system but nothing really to take advantage of it.

FF13: Lightning Returns feels like a completely different game. I've only played the demo but it looked like the story was more insane than everything in the first two games combined. Only one character in your party & the combat system is more action-oriented while not going full-on Action/RPG.

I'd probably buy a FF13 Trilogy Remastered Collection, especially if they tried to fix some of the flaws of the original games, like adding a Hard mode to FF13-2.

FF13: Switch leader option in battle, restoration of the Seventh Arc content, and something to do at save points to break up the action (visual novels of the extra materials released in Japan, Nautilus area of mini-games, virtual Bodham where you can interact with the fleeing Nora and discuss plot points, etc)

FF13-2: Hard mode and better spreading out of abilities in the Crystariums for each role (IIRC you learn everything way too fast and get stuck with just stat boosts for the rest of the tress).

LR: Graphic upgrades.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They're doing you a favor

Well i mean FFXV was on there and it's far worse.

PC ports for XIII/2 ports are still in a far worse state then NieR:Automata was at release so i assume they have to make new ports from scratch like they did with NieR, Xbox versions could use some work as well for Series X.