• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I know this is going to criticized and I'm ready for it, but in all honestness I just don't see a true reason to jump to PS5 or Xbox Series X|S this year and just wait one or two years till we get a true next generation experience. Yeah you could argue that getting these systems are going to give you an enhancement to each game you play on yeah you are correct but for me and I'm going to be a small majority but I rather keep my old system. I will admit that I'm still trying to get a pre-order of the PS5 but it seems my lick is running thin. Overall I'm excited for what both are going to offer but for me I just now don't see a reason to upgrade right now when I can play the new Spiderman on PS4, along with a few others and for me that's cool and I don't mind the downfall of the performances. What's your thoughts?

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I know this is going to criticized and I'm ready for it, but in all honestness I just don't see a true reason to jump to PS5 or Xbox Series X|S this year and just wait one or two years till we get a true next generation experience. Yeah you could argue that getting these systems are going to give you an enhancement to each game you play on yeah you are correct but for me and I'm going to be a small majority but I rather keep my old system. I will admit that I'm still trying to get a pre-order of the PS5 but it seems my lick is running thin. Overall I'm excited for what both are going to offer but for me I just now don't see a reason to upgrade right now when I can play the new Spiderman on PS4, along with a few others and for me that's cool and I don't mind the downfall of the performances. What's your thoughts?

I honestly believe that unless you have money to burn, you should be waiting 1-2 years at least anyway

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...if you aren't ready to make the jump then dont. I've held off on a PS4 Pro upgrade so I'm more than ready for new hardware myself.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
And thats fine. Just having no load times, Solid Framerates and tons of graphical options is more than enough for me.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I mean I'm way more excited to play stuff like Siege and Destiny in higher frame rates. I've hardly thought about next gen games.

That makes it's worth it to me.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see any reason to buy any hardware tbh. Streaming is a thing now; hardware is obsolete.

Deleted member 74623

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 14, 2020
Isn't that literally why they're supporting the old consoles so that people don't feel forced to upgrade? What's the point of this thread?

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
And that's fine. That's your preference. To me, Demon's Souls is a game worth upgrading at launch for but I understand not everyone agrees with me.

There are plenty of reasons for individual people to be excited about the new consoles this year, the reasons just aren't universal.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it, I might as well trade in my PS4 Pro while it still has value and upgrade to a PS5. I know I'm going to want one eventually, might as well get it now while it's cheaper for me.

If still had my One X, I'd do the same thing.

Phawx

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

But also I had made the decision in 2013 to have PC be my main platform and everything is coming to PC. So it's sensationally easy to wait for PS5 Pro Spiderman Edition

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
I´m probably getting a Ps5 next year, but yeah no rush to but this year. But there´s no problem with it. Just save the money

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Literally no different than any other console generation, if you don't feel the need to upgrade yet then don't. I'm not really sure what else you'd like people to say.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You clearly didn't get one of the jet engine ps4s. My wife is like begging me to get a ps5 because of how annoying my PS4 sounds. And I agree, it's really bad. I'll be mad if the PS5 is the same.

Oct 25, 2017
By that reasoning, people wouldn't need to buy new GPUs either. Better graphics, better performance, faster loading, better audio, new controllers; those things matter to people.
And if they don't for you, then don't buy.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I'm with you OP. The whole reveal and buildup has been a colossal disappointment. I've never been so unenthusiastic about next gen hardware and it sucks.

Oct 29, 2017
Well, thats basically how it's been every generation.

The first year is probably going to be meager in terms of software, and prices usually fall after a year, so it makes sense to wait.

Demon's Souls and Cyber Punk on next generation hardware is pretty tempting though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I won't be able to play Demon's Souls on PS4 though. And it's not going to be the only case.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
My thing with situations like this is that if I'm going to buy the newer hardware at some point, I might as well buy it earlier and get the better versions of games.

That being said, I'm not getting them because there's not enough exclusive software, even including cross-gen games, to support them period imo.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I will admit that I'm still trying to get a pre-order of the PS5 but it seems my lick is running thin.

tenor.gif

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Getting one of those new juicy Nvidia cards instead I guess? :)

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I mean last gen launch was pretty similar. There was almost nothing noteworthy exclusives for PS4 until like 2015. Now at least 2021 looks pretty amazing compared to 2014 (if we don't get delays).

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, these threads they just don't stop coming lol.
I really don't get it. People's brains got broken yesterday lol. These are consumer products. These are not religions lol. Business doesn't care about your platitudes. It's about what makes the most sense in terms of ROI.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Logic is sound. I can see why some people, especially those who are not financially prepared to spend 500$ on a new console, would hesitate to upgrade early. I'm more excited for decreased load times though so I will try to upgrade early if I can.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
You seem kinda insecure about this decision, otherwise it's a very easy one to make, not spending money.

Status
Not open for further replies.