• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I really enjoyed using my Vita on my PS4 for turnbased games and visual novels, it was seriously such a godsend. For example, it was incredible playing Persona 5 on it, and it made things much easier to just pick up and play. So now with the PS5, it was sad to see that it is currently (and probably always will be) impossible to use the PS5's Remote Play feature with the Vita.

I know that Sony has completely abandoned the Vita and that it's been over a year since the last firmware update. Yet it would still be incredible if the millions of Vita devices out there got one single Vita app that allowed them to use their device for PS5 Remote Play. Couldn't Sony implement such an app relatively cheap? Or is this merely a fool's hope?

At least, let us play PS4 games via Remote play.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's dead, Jim.

Just remote play to your phone. Get one of these if you want that Vita feels.

71Qo60D-yVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Have any of you been able to use Remote Play in your Android phone with Dualsense? It seems that the app only allows you to use the DS4, and I don't have one...

PS: Xbox controller also would do it for me since I own one, but it isn't supported neither.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly no... I used a lot my PSVITA too for remote play... I have now got all I need to "comfty" play with my phone insted...

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
They're saving it for Vita 2.

To be honest, the Vita is dead. I take the whole store thing that happened before as its official death.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
The Inception-remote play is hilarious.
I would pay good money for a Switch remote play app, but we all know that's impossible.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
It's how I played games like Persona 5 too and I'll miss it when I get a PS5.

To be honest I keep expecting them to announce that they are ending Remote Play for PS4 games.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Doesn't only the DS4 (maybe the Dualsense too) work with remote play on mobile?

Dualsense doesn't work and it is infuriating. I mean, why would you let me play my PS5 via remote play in Android but only let me use a DS4? I don't have one, and if I bought a PS5 common sense tells that I'll be using a Dualsense. I hope they patch this issue ASAP, like, I was able to play Xcloud with Dualsense but I can't on official PS app? Come on...

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Uh folks, as funny as it might be to remote play your PS5 from your PS4 on Vita, it does not actually work. You can start the PS5 remote play app on PS4 while remote playing on a Vita, but it will stop you when you initiate a connection.

I tried.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Officially there's no hope I think but the CFW community might be able to whip something up, either by hacking the existing PS4 app or maybe someone ports Chiaki to it if that gets PS5 support, who knows.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Officially there's no hope I think but the CFW community might be able to whip something up, either by hacking the existing PS4 app or maybe someone ports Chiaki to it if that gets PS5 support, who knows.

I read on reddit that it wouldn't be possible since incompatibility was due to hardware issues and the protocols that both consoles use, but this was months ago, so maybe things have changed since.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For me, remote play worked best on my vita. From what little I've tried with my phone so far, the app is still a shoddy solution :\

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I read on reddit that it wouldn't be possible since incompatibility was due to hardware issues and the protocols that both consoles use, but this was months ago, so maybe things have changed since.

Ah okay that would be a bummer. I guess I have to root the old Xioami Mi 4c I have to allow the official Android App to allow any controller and make myself a makeshift Vita.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use my Vita a lot, but I won't be missing remote play much. To be honest, I only ever use the feature if I want to shuffle through menus without turning the TV on. It's not a bad feature, and I think it's a shame it's not being supported on the Vita, but it wouldn't get much use from me.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
The vitas wireless card sucks so bad which is the only reason I hate using it for remote play.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Sony for burying the Vita like this.
First the shit about the PSN store which got way worse, now this.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
If you own a hackable Switch, keep an eye on Chiaki: https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki/issues/370

github.com

GitHub - thestr4ng3r/chiaki: Moved to https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki - Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client

Moved to https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki - Free and Open Source PS4 Remote Play Client - thestr4ng3r/chiaki

Actually, since Sony has dropped support, maybe there will be a Vita port in the future. The Vita homebrew community is active still.

I suppose there MIGHT be a way to get Android running on it.

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
I'm still not entirely sure what remote play is and I've had every console that's had it, can someone explain it