• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sup man, don't worry about your thread being a call for help or whatever. We all go through shit times at some point and it's fine if you felt it was the moment to reach out.

Sounds like you got some drinks, I suggest drinking lots of water to feel less shitty tomorrow haha!

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, no matter how shitty you are feeling, at least take some comfort in knowing you haven't had as bad a day as Gina Carano.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I've been holding off on Gears 5 until I can get a Series X. Driving me crazy as it's been sitting in Gamepass forever but I've stayed strong and will make it.
You playing multiplayer in Gears?
Thanks so much for replying. I love Gears. I have both a series x and ps5. I was a regular poster in that thread. I have both and I am stilll not fulfilled. I feel awful I have no desire to play.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
It's so dorky but one of my favorite things is vicariously watching Avatar for the first time through other people, if I explain that correctly.

Who are your faves so far?
I enjoy new reactions from people I meet because I want them to have joy. Its not dorky its sharing love.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks so much for replying. I love Gears. I have both a series x and ps5. I was a regular poster in that thread. I have both and I am stilll not fulfilled. I feel awful I have no desire to play.
I know that feeling. Sometimes I've just burnt myself out on gaming but other times I'm going though a tough patch in my life and my interests don't satisfy me anymore. So I can relate.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Please keep talking but if you need to go I understand. I am a gamer too I play super Mario maker 2 and Gears of war 5 a lot.

Hello! Thanks so much for reaching out to ERA. I hope you're feeling better for doing so! :)

I love Super Mario Maker 2. That was a game I adored (i.e. was obsessed with ha) for the longest time, (even made my own Super World), and I still love to check the OT for new levels by the ERA community! There's a lot of good levels in there by some incredibly creative people!

As for Gears, I've only played the original Gears of War, and that was local co-op with my older brother back in the day. I enjoyed it, though! Gears 5 looks really cool!

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
I don't have much time to offer or much experience with alcoholism. I can only really tell you that you have nothing to feel ashamed of and that if you are struggling do not be afraid to seek out help from others. I hope that you are able to find a way out of this emotional pit you find yourself in at the moment.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
So much support and love. Thank you all so much. I am often alone at night. I always wanna talk. I love lgbt I love all. But I hate myself. I am so lonely I just wanna talk you all helped so much.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Did you end up making the Chrono Cross thread that you wanted to make? I've never played the game and always love reading about it.

Let me know what you're playing on PS5. I've been gaming a lot lately due to winter blues.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Been where you are right now, OP. What I did was try to write down my life story on a word document. As far as I can remember till now and add pieces as I could.
Write whatever the hell you want, it was scary at first but it helped me realize what I've been through and how I've made this far.

On another subject. I recently went through all the gears on xbox and I'm gonna pin 3 as my favorite. 5 was great as well and a technical master piece.

Oct 26, 2017
Do you watch any game streamers OP? I've been going through some lonely times because of life circumstances and the pandemic, and those have helped me at times where I've been feeling lonely. I recommend Jerma985, Vinesauce Joel, or Vinesauce Vinny. They are very laid back, funny, and play a wide variety of fun (or stupid) games. Even got me to pick up a few. They have a bunch of clips on YouTube, too. Here's a couple of my favorites!

And good luck with your school search! I did my grad school applications last year and while stressful, I got into the college I really wanted to go to! I almost didn't apply as I felt I wouldn't get in or a GRE waiver I would need, but it all worked out cause I gave it a chance. I hope you're able to find a school you like, too.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Wow you are all amazing thanks for making an effort to make me feel better. Thats what I try to do in my own life.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Sup man, don't worry about your thread being a call for help or whatever. We all go through shit times at some point and it's fine if you felt it was the moment to reach out.

Sounds like you got some drinks, I suggest drinking lots of water to feel less shitty tomorrow haha!
I admit I drank some wine because Zero is awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to AA with a my friend tomorrow.

This is good news. A good friend of mine recovered and now does a lot of sponsor work in MA. Being with and eventually for other people will help a lot.

You got a series X, you're lucky, I can't get a hold of one. Gears 5 looks better on my One S now than it did at launch, but I still want to give it a go on an X as soon as I can.

Right now my PS5 is like a really really good PS4 in this cross-gen period, so sometimes I don't know what to play next on it either. Been testing out games here and there since I never had a pro console.

Good to hear from you OP, I hope you have a good night.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I am still so lonely despite such kindness. I just need stupid questions, And again mods ban me this is stupid.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
I started with Spiderman original.

yeah I also got my hands on a PS5 and started playing Spider-Man. Never got a chance to play it on PS4, got platinum and now I'm having a little break before starting with Miles Morales. Great game.

If you ever play Apex Legends we can have some matches. Can't stop playing that damn game lol.

Oct 28, 2017
I see you, Xandalan. None of us are able to give professional help but we can help. A couple years ago I felt overwhelmed by my problems that I was seriously considering suicide. I did what you are doing and reached out. As embarrassed as I was to do it, I reached out to my dad. And talking to somebody who saw and acknowledged my pain, who said we would work together to get me back to a good place, made it manageable.

if you want help getting yourdrinking under control this forum will help find you options. If you want to find affordable counseling this forum will have suggestions. The important thing is to get a support system in place and then to take action.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tell me how you got a PS5! Not a bit, I feel like it's always a fun story. I was up at 2 AM because of a fever and lucked into a Target drop with mine.

Proud of you for keeping at it Xandalan, reaching out is huge and not easy.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I am overwhelmed but the love era has given me. I really don't know what to do. I just need to talk to someone but if people wanna keep commenting I will answer I owe them so much. If I die You all are so beautiful.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I am still so lonely despite such kindness. I just need stupid questions, And again mods ban me this is stupid.

I know it feels uncomfortable to do this but you do not need to keep apologizing for your needs. It's okay. I don't think anybody here minds.

What the last delicious thing you ate
And
What was the last thing you smelled that still sticks in your head

Oct 28, 2017
I've never seen Avatar. I think I was outside it's target demo by a few years.

I do know Janet Varney from Rifftrax. She did the voice of Korra!

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
All I need is people. I ate spinach artichoke dip. I gamble a lot so probably the carpet smell.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I think choosing to go to AA is a great choice and you should be proud that you made that choice. I also think it was a good idea to make this thread. Things will get better, especially when you're taking these steps.

I watched all of avatar for the first time last year. It's a great show! I even watched the movie, which I don't recommend lol

Also I saw you praising RE5, so I know you have good taste. That was a really special co-op game back in the day. That and the original Gears are some of my favorite co-op memories.