• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Mods if you need to ban me its okay. I have been a lurker sense neogaf. I am at my wits end and need just to talk to someone.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I have posted many times but no one talks to me much I understand I have free posts and im new I need friends tonight. I am a alcoholic.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I have posted many times but no one talks to me much I understand I have free posts and im new I need friends tonight. I am a alcoholic.
Don't take that personally at all, most people don't get responded to here, it's just the way it goes most times, it's a busy place. I feel like I'm throwing my thoughts into the void here many times, ha.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I knew this was a good place thank you all. I had watched avatar season 1 before but I wanted to see it again for some positive messages.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I hate that my first thread is a cry for help.
I think mine was too, don't worry about it. Life is hard and anyone who tells you otherwise is either extraordinarily blessed or lying. I don't have very dependable friends or people to talk with either, I understand your loneliness all too well. Throw whatever you need to at us, we'll try to be there for you!

Edit: and enjoy avatar! I just watched it last year for the first time and it was fantastic!

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I recently commented how much I like Farscape. I am currently bingeing avatar. I have no girlfriednd and only one friend times are tough.
Oh damn, enjoy. I wish I could watch it again for the first time. Although I haven't seen it since it aired, maybe it will feel fresh again if I rewatch. What part are you up to?

And don't sweat the number of friends you have. Having only 1-3 people close enough to call a true friend as time goes by isn't unusual. I think the pandemic makes it tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but things will pick up. Hang in there and look for the little things in life that get you motivated.
I hate that my first thread is a cry for help.
And don't be ashamed about this! It takes a lot of bravery to reach out, even if it's to strangers.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I am not suicidal but I feel like I will accomplish that anyway. I am so sad. I failed so much

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
My bilirubin was 45 super high I should have died. I lived I feel so much guilt. Thank you for that insight Mattiewheels.

bananabread

Oct 28, 2017
If you're just hitting mid book 2 of Avatar, strap in because things are about to go into overdrive.

I envy you being able to experience it for the first time! One of my favourite runs in anything ever.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Please keep talking but if you need to go I understand. I am a gamer too I play super Mario maker 2 and Gears of war 5 a lot.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I am going to AA with a my friend tomorrow.
This is great and your friend sounds like a real one. Can't speak about AA from personal experience but several of my close loved ones went and followed the program, all have remained sober. A lot of AA's rhetoric is heavily spiritual, which personally puts me off a bit, but whatever they do appears to be effective, at least in my circle. (I think they also encourage you to substitute "God" with whatever you're comfortable with. Doesn't have to be strictly Christian/monotheistic if that's not your thing)

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I said a prayer for you OP, unfortunately I don't really have much to ad as someone fortunate enough to never have to deal with alcoholism in my family.

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I haven't had sex for 8 years I am not mad about it besides myself I am just bad at relationships.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Please keep talking but if you need to go I understand. I am a gamer too I play super Mario maker 2 and Gears of war 5 a lot.
I've been holding off on Gears 5 until I can get a Series X. Driving me crazy as it's been sitting in Gamepass forever but I've stayed strong and will make it.
You playing multiplayer in Gears?

OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
I said a prayer for you OP, unfortunately I don't really have much to ad as someone fortunate enough to never have to deal with alcoholism in my family.
When I was in the hospital a nun came by because they thought I would die that night, I prayed with her. And I am still drinking I have so much hate for myself.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
It's so dorky but one of my favorite things is vicariously watching Avatar for the first time through other people, if I explain that correctly.

Who are your faves so far?