• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trick here to make him feel like he is cool as fcuk and is a DJ, get everyone to request songs from him

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I often go hiking and have come across other people hiking while playing music from their phones. That shit bothers me the most. Like the reason I'm here is to try to get away from civilization a bit and enjoy nature.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the A train in NYC. The worst is when I'm trying to catch some sleep if by chance I get a seat and then this old lady comes on blasting gospel. Sometimes I don't mind it per se, but sometimes it's really obnoxious. It's the train and there are literally signs that say don't do that. If you forget headphones one day, it's not the end of the world to not listen to music. I guarantee most of these people have headphones too.

Sometimes the music is cool but other times it's just "why". But people don't really give a fuck about respect for others and you just have to accept it. If it's a pool where it's allowed you should learn to deal. If it isn't allowed, you have a right to be upset. People are just selfish.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Cars driving down the street with excessively loud music get a laugh of out me. Saw this guy on a barely moving moped going like 8mph BLASTING some trap-like hip hop and I thought it was hilarious. Guy was very comfortable expressing himself and I appreciate that.

But at something like a pool or somewhere else where it's public and lots of stationary people and people are close together, I think it's rude to blast your own music especially if you're just one person. If it's a party that's one thing

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Man I fucking hate this shit on the train. I KNOW that music not bumping as good as if you had headphones. I have some sympathy for those performers to get a little change even if I'm not the biggest fan but playing loud ass music that you're vibing too that you think everyone else should love pisses me off.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dude was obnoxious and a piece of shit. Also not sure why the staff were not doing their job.

As father of young boys I am really careful about what they hear or watch.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
The only mature thing to do in that kind of situation is to sit next to person and sing a long to the music. While singing its important that you emphasize how tonedeaf you are.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ive got a problem with people blasting profane and obscene music in public area.

I'm doing laundry, at the laundromat, right now, and after I put my clothes in the washing machine, I went to dunkin to get a coffee. This was 4:30 am at the time and there was an old man, I'd say about 65ish just watching a video full blast on his phone. He is the only patron sitting at a table, only other patron is waiting for his latte and me waiting to place my order. The old man was watching some weird shit. I don't know what the video was about, but the audio is just a woman crying, not a hard cry, and you'd hear a baby every now and then. I was there for about five minutes and the video was going when I walked in and still going when I walked out. Five minutes of a woman crying and a baby. WTF was he watching?
Old people watch weird shit on YouTube all the time.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The vast vast mojority of people only concern themselves with their immediate wants. I just got back from a cruise for my honeymoon and i could tell you some stories. People ESPECIALLY americans are scum. Was a very eye opening trip, every foreigner my wife and i encountered was polite and knew and used social norms (like simply letting people off an elevator before they rush their whole family onto an already packed lift) but ill stop here as its not part of this topic and dont want to derail.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It may be something peculiar to your locale. I've seldom encountered people playing loud music over speakers in the UK in a public area.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
OP you're not old these kids are just assholes. People do it all the time on the EL and it's so annoying. The fact that he saw no issue with profane lyrics in a public area with kids is more telling about him than about you OP.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
OP,

That guy was an asshole. He may get tinnitus or hyperacusis, then we'll see who's bitch.

You know what I hate too? Loud bikes.

little-girl-holding-ears-at-biker-parade.jpg

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
He looked and sounded like this. For real. Wearing the chain and all.

So yeah, pretty harmless. Sorry if I made it sound like I was really concerned in the OP. This thread was supposed to be about loud music, not a goofy little kid listening to hip hop music while smoking a vape pen.

latest
I had really hoped that after Son of Zorn didn't get renewed that Bo was going to be a regular on Superstore.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
went to the beach yesterday and one lady in her late 30s had a speaker set up playing country music for all to enjoy. Like it was a big ass speaker pointed out away from her

Every time I see this I have this fantasy running in my head with competing music that would annoy the shit out of the offender. But I'm not an asshole so I roll my eyes and just go somewhere else.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know OP. I am 26 and I also don't get it. To me, its a lack of observation skills to be aware that maybe not everyone wants to hear the same music as you. That or they don't give a fuck.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It may be something peculiar to your locale. I've seldom encountered people playing loud music over speakers in the UK in a public area.
I live in Croydon and last night about 11pm we hear this ridiculously loud music playing. We figured it was just from a car as you get loads of dickheads blaring their music as they drive by here but we went onto the balcony to look and it was two young guys with one having one of those big old 90s style cylinder speaker systems over his shoulder and they are just walking along like it's the middle of the day.

Some people are just self centered cunts. Croydon gets a load of people playing music loudly too from what I have noticed over the years. Probably because you get a lot of young people and it a very busy place.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who does this is a dick. Nobody wants to listen to your shit. USE HEADPHONES.

This "I have the right to do what I want and fuck everyone else" mentality seems to be on the rise and is only going to get worse.

I often go hiking and have come across other people hiking while playing music from their phones. That shit bothers me the most. Like the reason I'm here is to try to get away from civilization a bit and enjoy nature.

Oh God, this is the worst. Like, what spectacular lack of awareness do you need to possess to think it's ok to blast out your shit music at full volume in a place most people specifically go to enjoy some peace and quiet?

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Were you old in the 80s?

do-the-right-thing-radio-raheem-puerto-rican-music-duel1+400x268.jpg

He was being an asshole and you were too nice.

They weren't as loud and didn't have subwoofers that make the bass travel further. A boom box or ghetto blaster would consume a bunch of D cell batteries in no time flat. The stuff today has better batteries and rechargeable so this shit can drag on for hours.

Also, music is shit now

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Get that sometimes here in Scotland particularly on buses. Either kids with their shit EDM or middle-aged folks with their shit rave music. Arseholes.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah this is a millenial on down thing where they don't use headphones or earbuds or anything they just blast their shit from the shitty phone speaker.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Public pool? As in own by the city? The lifeguards and staffs are not doing their job.

OP says it's a neighborhood public pool, so it may not have been owned by the city. My parents' neighborhood has a semi-public pool that is not managed by the city. (Residents pay the Homeowners Association yearly for access, and the HOA takes care of paying to have the pool maintained and staffed.)

Also I hate when people do this. It's really rude.

EDIT: It occurs to me that it doesn't matter if the pool is owned by the city, because, as you said, the lifeguards were there and probably should have stepped in if the pool's rules don't allow this.

Last edited:

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
The vast vast mojority of people only concern themselves with their immediate wants. I just got back from a cruise for my honeymoon and i could tell you some stories. People ESPECIALLY americans are scum. Was a very eye opening trip, every foreigner my wife and i encountered was polite and knew and used social norms (like simply letting people off an elevator before they rush their whole family onto an already packed lift) but ill stop here as its not part of this topic and dont want to derail.

No reason to single out americans, if you travel a lot you'll see plenty of shit tourists from all corners of the world. The worst are usually the ones from your own country because you can understand what they're saying.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
yeah this is a millenial on down thing where they don't use headphones or earbuds or anything they just blast their shit from the shitty phone speaker.

No, in the sixties and seventies nearly everybody was playing their transistor radios in public from the speaker. It was a huge fashion statement, because "transistors", as the radios were called, were new and heavily associated with pop music. It seems to have pretty much died out in the late seventies and eighties as personal stereos became popular and pop music tastes diverged into different subcultures.

You may get the odd noisy person with a boom box nowadays, but on a summer's day on my local beaches you couldn't move for transistors turned up loud playing Radio Caroline and later BBC Radio One.

Deleted member 57378

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
No reason to single out americans, if you travel a lot you'll see plenty of shit tourists from all corners of the world. The worst are usually the ones from your own country because you can understand what they're saying.
Its not that im singling americans out. It was legit the only people being shit birds with actions, not words. It was really mind blowing. Skipping out on their tabs on the islands. Snapping fingers and demanding service now instead of waiting their turn. Standing in the middle of the walk paths while workers were trying to do their jobs, looking down on children as if they were something on their shoe just for existing and having the gall to try and ride an elevator with them. Making POC from other nations move from their seats at shows "because my mom is sitting in the seat next to you." It was full on worst stereotypes of the american tourist on display. Yet everybody else was courteous and considerste of others. (Carnival cruise through the Caribbean for 8 days starting right after the holiday fwiw) it's my first time spending that long outside the mainland too so maybe i just had a bad boat of people. But ill be damned if it didnt make me disgusted even further with my countrymen. Had to get security several times to remove people from our reserved seats in the theatre and almost got pushed out of our table at lunch several times because "my family is going to sit here" despite us having been their and halfway through our meal already and when we refused to budge they would try to forcibly move us.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Dude was obnoxious and a piece of shit. Also not sure why the staff were not doing their job.

As father of young boys I am really careful about what they hear or watch.

This. I'll listen to obscenities with my headphones on but in public on blast? Grow the fuck up. Grown ass adults just blasting bullshit.

People are gross, petty, and shitty.

Because some people are attention-seeking assholes.

Yup. Got a neighbor. In his mid-40's comes home 2am blasting music from his car. And it'd be one thing if he comes home and the music is loud as he pulls up and he turns his car off fairly quickly. Nope. This asshole sits in his car for a good 5-10 minutes bullshitting. Then goes inside. Hasn't done it in months because he mom kicked him out so he no longer lives nearby...

Nov 8, 2017
It's amusing to me that everyone who does this seems to have a terrible taste in music.

I remember the very first time I encountered this in 2003, the phone speaker back then was so bad that the "music" literally sounded almost indistinguishable from white noise.

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
I hate when people do shit like this too. I was in a hotel in Mexico City back in November and at the breakfast buffet there was a women with her phone speaker on blasting music. It was incredibly annoying but also entertaining watching the whole room full of people glare at her. A man did eventually go and speak to her but I don't speak/understand Spanish so I am not exactly sure what was said. She didn't stop.

I get self conscious when others can hear what I am listing to. For example if I am stopped at a traffic light with my windows down and the car beside me also has their windows down. I'll usually turn my volume way down. I don't think my approach is healthy either but at least it doesn't disturb others.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's this white dude in his 50s in Soho that rides around in a classic top down car, blasting Frank Sinatra loud during the summer (the exact opposite of a rap car!). He will ride around the block multiple times just to be seen and heard.

OP
OP
TYRANITARR

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
You have to fight fire with fire. Blast classical music back at them.
Right. But then I would have to consciously travel around with a Bluetooth portable speaker like an idiot just for the sole purpose of drowning out other idiots who are also consciously traveling around with a Bluetooth speaker.

I feel like we need Portable Speaker registration and laws. People are too stupid to operate them responsibly.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You are not old lol, it's just common sense and decency. Not everyone wants to listen to the stuff you're listening to, that's what headphones are made for. I also don't get people who blast their music on their car's speakers while parked or waiting for someone. Like yeah I get it in the highway it's all cool and shit, I've done it too, but if you're parked somewhere why the fuck are you blasting your music?

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Anyone who blasts their music in a crowded place is a selfish asshole . No question.

I know we're living in the age of social media and Trump where everyone lives to jerk off to their own greatness but it would be better for everyone if we all started to be more considerate of others.

Last edited:

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
It takes a real shithead to forcefully expose their loud music onto other bystanders. I've come across way too many of these shitheads in my life.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I used to boom music out of the open windows of my car when I drove around town, but would always turn it down when I got into traffic because I didn't want to bother anyone lol.

I am not good at civil disobedience.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hes the asshole OP. Good thing youre not in Puerto Rico were every asshole needs to have their music blasting every day and night. Especially through cars in residential areas. I swear the speakers cost more than the car itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Not sure if I believe OP. I've never heard a hip hop song say "cunt". Was this British?

I'm kidding. People should respect and think of others. Individualist culture leads us to never consider it. I wanna move.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
The thing kids do that I can't understand is playing music from their phone speaker instead of using ear buds. It sounds like shit, my dude. A free pair of airplane ear buds would be a 10x better way to listen. Kids these days!