• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
tumblr_o4k66mm8E71rp0vkjo1_500.gif

30 years ago today, guys, since Tim Burton's Dark Knight first swooped across the big screen.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
I...

Have not seen this film yet. I mean, I probably watched it when I was like four or something but I have zero memories of this film other than someone blowing up.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Hubba Hubba Hubba Money Money Money
Who do ya trust?
Me? I'm giving away free money!
AND WHERE...IS THE BATMAN!?

Still one of my all time favorite films.
Hit an eight year old me like a semitruck. I LOVED this movie so damn much. Still do.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, the Batplane in this movie has a really, really shitty computer system. The thing has flashing lights all over the screen saying "lock on" indicating it's locked onto the joker, yet every bullet it fires misses him. What's the point of "locking on" if the system still misses?

All this tech and it misses, yet the Joker is able to dead-eye a direct hit with a pistol.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I've tried over and over again to watch Batman films. They're not really watchable in my experience. The last one I tried to watch in the cinema, I walked out in one of the early scenes because it was too comic-booky. More recently I tried watching the first of Nolan's Batman films on DVD, but it was a bit silly and I got bored.

I was about 9 years old during the 1960s TV show. That was the only time I enjoyed Batman. It was gloriously over the top but I just took it seriously and enjoyed it.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
One GAF member summed up Keaton Batman best:

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Keaton Batman has no code. He'll kill any fool he can and have a smile on his face while he does it. That's why he's so awesome. There's that story the two crooks talk about at the beginning about some guy in their line of business falling from some great height and winding up with his blood all over the pavement. No doubt Keaton Batman was behind this.

I love at the end when he comes face to face with the Joker his first words to him are, "I'm going to kill you." He then proceeds to make good on his words as he mercilessly punches the fuck out of the Joker and knocks him off the bell tower. Although fate intervenes and Keaton Batman's kill count is temporarily suspended as the Joker grabs on to the ledge and then temporarily turns the table. But Keaton Batman will not be denied his kill as he uses his wonderful toys to attach the fleeing Joker to a heavy as fuck stone gargoyle which eventually comes loose and causes the Joker to fall thus ending his reign of terror while improving Keaton Batman's kill/death ratio.

HBD GOAT Batman

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, the Batplane in this movie has a really, really shitty computer system. The thing has flashing lights all over the screen saying "lock on" indicating it's locked onto the joker, yet every bullet it fires misses him. What's the point of "locking on" if the system still misses?

All this tech and it misses, yet the Joker is able to dead-eye a direct hit with a pistol.

Image7.jpg

The Batplane was too close to hit, and close enough to get hit.

OP
OP
Jean-Luc Picard
Nov 8, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
I've tried over and over again to watch Batman films. They're not really watchable in my experience. The last one I tried to watch in the cinema, I walked out in one of the early scenes because it was too comic-booky. More recently I tried watching the first of Nolan's Batman films on DVD, but it was a bit silly and I got bored.

I was about 9 years old during the 1960s TV show. That was the only time I enjoyed Batman. It was gloriously over the top but I just took it seriously and enjoyed it.
Thing I enjoyed the most about the '60s show was Batgirl's constant face-kicking. Weird fetish of mine. Always wished Barbara Gordon would get in a few shots in her pumps but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

One GAF member summed up Keaton Batman best:

HBD GOAT Batman
HBD?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Best batman, best gotham, best batman movie. Love it, warts and all. The imagery stuck with me. Burton's gotham will always be the best live action gotham city as far as I'm concerned.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Batman as Burton-esque fairy tale and it works nicely. Great film.

Also: Coolest Bat-Mobile.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
There was a story about Kevin Smith claiming Burton stole a story from one of his comics, to which Burton replied:
"Anyone who knows me knows I never read comics."
to which Kevin Smith replied:
"Well, that explains Batman."

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Seen it 2 times on the big screen in 89, really impressive at the time. I then bought the official movie sticker album but I barely bought any stickers for it.

Most impressive scene: When he drives through the wood in the night with Basinger on board and all the leaves are flying around, that scene always stuck with me and I have no idea why.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017

Dave Itzkoff @ditzkoff

happy 30th anniversary of Michael Keaton spoiling the big reveal in Batman on the night before its release

8:20 AM - Jun 22, 2019

This was always a dumb reveal anyway.

But what's also funny about being able to drop this spoiler is that people have to already be familiar with the characters and general story to even understand why this twist is so substantial. Most movies would be tough to spoil for an audience that hasn't seen it yet in a single sentence like this.

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
Batfleck kills 21 people in Batman vs Superman alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=GgkQS7q6sT0
21 is an inflated number. I'd be hard pressed to say that all six car occupants tallied as the first six deaths all died from blunt trauma. Curtain airbags in modern cars can do wonders. Moreover, when the first car falls onto the second one, it falls onto the driver's side and doesn't even crumple the roof. Those two occupants shown in the second car's passenger side shouldn't even have a scratch. Plus that Dodge Durango driver probably survived. Batmobile struck him from the rear passenger side. The others in the clip do look fatal.