• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So far auto hdr and game swap are my two new favorite additions. I have a feeling access to the 360 XBLA library will be another.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
As someone getting both consoles, it could be difficult choosing which version of a game to get if it looks better on Xbox but sounds better on PS5 and if the controller is significantly better.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
What's the total number of BC titles supported on each console? I'm curious because I have absolutely no idea what the figures would be.
I'd be interested to see that if anyone could work it out. I would presume that there are more PS4 games than Xbox One games, but I would guess that the 360 and OG games would be enough to mean the Series X has more supported BC titles overall.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Analog rumble is one of my favorite parts of the XBOX One controller, really great for racing games. I love the HD rumble in the Switch even if it's not used enough, so excited to see how it works out with the PS5.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Would changing the Xbox's "HD rumble" field from "No" to "Triggers only" be a good way of conveying the difference?

Not a Horse

Aug 15, 2018
Number of Xes:

Xbox series X; 3
Playstation 5: 0
winner: Xbox

Size:
Xbox Series X: minifridge
PS5: small hatchback
winner: PS5

Number:
Xbox: disqualified, no numbers
PS5: 5
winner: Ps5

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
That's not the same thing. Xbox has rumble in the triggers to give feedback, the Dualsense apparently changes the pressure you need to use on the triggers depending on the situation.
Correct, they are not the same. But for the purpose of the chart I'd say adding rumble triggers would be fair as it is a feature unique to the Xbox controllers (whether it is better or worse than the Dual Sense implementation can be determined later).

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
There was a poll on this very forum recently that showed an almost exactly 50/50 split on whether people preferred a rechargeable controller or swappable AAs. Handing a "win" to PlayStation because they've chosen a system which only half the forum prefers definitely doesn't come across as unbiased to me. Seems like your own preference is colouring your judgment there.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Why not have the compressed SSD speeds? 4.8GB for Series X and ~8-9GB for PS5.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
HD rumble huh? What is that exactly? It sounds like a buzzword. How is HD rumble different from the rumble we have right now?

Ask Nintendo.

In all seriousness, I just used it as a catch-all term to describe haptic feedback that is better than Xbox 360/PS3-level.

Why not have the compressed SSD speeds? 4.8GB for Series X and ~8-9GB for PS5.

There seems to be some ambiguity about the PS5's compressed speeds. Are you sure that's the right number? I've been hearing much higher ever since that RAD Game Tools blog post came out.

There was a poll on this very forum recently that showed an almost exactly 50/50 split on whether people preferred a rechargeable controller or swappable AAs. Handing a "win" to PlayStation because they've chosen a system which only half the forum prefers definitely doesn't come across as unbiased to me. Seems like your own preference is colouring your judgment there.

You're right. That's part of why I removed the winner column.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Does the PS5 legit have an 885 GB SSD or is that just the formatted size after the OS and everything? 1,000 GB for Xbox is just a 1 TB SSD before OS?

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Does the PS5 legit have an 885 GB SSD or is that just the formatted size after the OS and everything? 1,000 GB for Xbox is just a 1 TB SSD before OS?

The PS5's SSD is 825 GB in total size, before formatting and installing the OS. The usable space will be much less. I believe the Series X only has around 800 GB of usable space.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
The list makes it seem as if there is no rumble on the X. Is it necessary to list two ways the 5 has "rumble"?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, that's the size of the SSD before formatting. After formatting and OS I believe it's around 664GB usable, unless that was debunked.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
On paper, that SSD difference looks like a lot...

But I'm an idiot when it comes to these kind of things.

What's that SSD difference actually mean?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HD rumble
tenor.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Do Not Create: List Threads

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.