• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for the big guns like Returnal, Ratchet, RE8 etc to release and want something to play in the meantime. I'm seeing VERY mixed reviews, and hoping Era can provide some clarity? I'm not against looters, I love Diablo and Destiny.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Don't get it. In my opinion, it's truly a bad game, and I rarely say that about any type of game. It feels like a PS3 launch title in the worst ways, with a PS5 graphics coat of paint. I got the game in hope of it having good to great combat that I could enjoy while listening to podcasts and whatever, and honestly it didn't even do that well for me.

Edit:If you want games, I've gotten the platinum on: Miles Morales, Sackboy, Souls, Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax and The Pathless and absolutely loved all of them and can recommend them warmly. If you've got PS+ I think you won't go wrong with Control, or even some PS4 titles like Concrete Genie, and basically the entire PS+ Collection

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
The combat is the only decent aspect of the game. The rest is pretty bad imo. Maybe worth a purchase at $10 to $15.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
It's fine. It's not a 10/10 or a 3/10. Not too long though to get through, but I think there was a recent patch adding in some post-game content.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I totally forgot about this game. I feel like ppl stopped talking about it 3 days after it was released.

Oct 30, 2017
If you don't have Hitman 3, get that and all the content for Hitman 1 and 2.
If you don't have Demon's Souls, get that.
Play some ps4 backlog.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've also been hovering over the 'add to cart' button recently. It's on sale at the moment on PSN but, to be honest, a game that's still £40 when it's a whopping 43% off (a pretty significant discount) really highlights the fuckery of £70 games.

£40 still feels like a full price game, essentially, to me. I'd buy it on PC but I think it'd cripple my rig.

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you don't have Hitman 3, get that and all the content for Hitman 1 and 2.
If you don't have Demon's Souls, get that.
Play some ps4 backlog.
I've never played a Souls game and generally don't touch very difficult games, I don't think I'm anywhere close to FROMs target audience lol it's a shame tho it looks beautiful visually!

Maybe Hitman 3 though that could be cool.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have no problem paying for a F2P game, go ahead

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
I think the loot/endgame hasn't reached that sweet spot of where repetitiveness isn't in your face. The loot/gear builds etc need to be good in order for repetitiveness to work.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I purchased it on PC and its a bad game. Straight up.

The story is very generic, and it only serves to move you from point a to point b.

Combat is bad, enemies are health sponges, and there are no audio/animation cues to dodge their hits.

Graphics are nice thou

Oct 30, 2017
I've never played a Souls game and generally don't touch very difficult games, I don't think I'm anywhere close to FROMs target audience lol it's a shame tho it looks beautiful visually!

Honestly, Demon's Souls rules, and I think it's a little overrated/oversold on difficulty. I hated Souls games until I kind of got it with Bloodborne, but never finished BB. I'm at the very end of a first run of DS now. Yes, it's hard, but it's generally very fair. It's not that different to trying to get hard coins or moons or whatever in a Mario game. Try, die, repeat until you learn enough to do it. A mage build can be pretty OP for Demon's Souls and can get you through it, for the most part. And yes, it's beautiful, with the best sound design I've heard in years.

Hitman 3 rules, and you should get the Hitman 1 and 2 content for it and play it all. I'm playing through levels in Hitman 1 right now from within Hitman 3, and I'm already at 11 or 12 hours, nowhere near mastering levels, and haven't played every level in H1 yet. It's a huge amount of content, and pretty chill to play - rewarding, fun, funny, rewards creativity.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
MY personal opinion:

Loved the combat and the graphics. Finished it and was longing for more so did a few more extra stuff.

As soon as the DLC comes I will buy it, for sure.

Storyline and characters are...just nothing lol story is whatever, characters are equally whatever.

If the game had matchmaking and some GaaS stuff (sorry all) it would be easily a 85/100 for me. With an intense and compeling storyline, 90/100.

Right now I would say 75/100. Bought it on discount, 60€ is a bit steep for sure. But the game hass quality, it simply feels like they stopped investing on some aspects middle of development cycle.

If you want a fun combat and great graphics, you are going to be well served.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Hitman 3 is brilliant fwiw.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
get Nioh 2 or Surge series instead if you want that kind of action. Surge is much better souls game overall and combat is second best after bloodborne.
bXoEdJ.gif

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's maybe a slim chance OP hasn't played God of War (2018) yet and that is a fantastic experience in 4K at 60fps on PS5. Much Better than Godfall ever could dream to be.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
If you want a looter, the Outriders demo is out next week. Try that instead.

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
enjoyed it as a co-op game with a team of 3. There was variety in character builds, loot is good, and the endgame challenges made you think about your builds and gear. My PSN feed got some new news for it cause it received a major patch that looks to address major complaints during our playthrough (missing detailed stats, tower of ascension variety) . Also on sale now.

I am not sure why this game gets hated on so much.

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
Its a looter shooter without the shooting part. i personally love the combat and playing with a friend is fun. However if you're getting it to play on your own, I'd recommend waiting until it's super cheap

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Love this thread. Asks about God fall. Everyone recommend Hitman 3.

Do it OP. No regrets. All three games is great great content

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it, OP, but there's nothing new going on here. It took me about 15 hours to go through the single player. I didn't bother with the endgame content. The weapon attacks are pretty meaty, and if you like hack and slash corridor stuff, then you'll enjoy it just fine. Would have been more fun with matchmaking, no idea if that's been implemented yet.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Souls games are soooo good and Demon's is an amazing game. It's also not too hard if you follow some guides, especially the bosses are easy most of the time.

I got my PS5 for Demon's and it was so worth it. And you can also play Bloodborne on it, which is one of the GOAT.

I recently bought Ghost of Tsushima which is also fantastic and not difficult at all.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If you love Diablo, Warhammer Chaosbane is a rather underrated gem, and has a really solid PS5 version. It's pretty much a Diablo-like with a much more interesting skill tree. It ain't perfect, but it's actually a lot of fun. I recently bought it 50% off on PSN, not sure if it's still on sale