• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I had the same symptoms on Saturday, It was awful. In the end, I had to force myself to be sick by shoving my fingers down my throat. Then for the next hours or so it was the most intense explosive puking I have ever done in my life. Once it ended I felt better, but then came the squirts. So stay close to the shitter.

Good luck.

On the plus side, I lost a few pounds, so I'm looking lean for the Christmas break.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
True. I always thought its better to sweat it out etc. A day after my fever they say on tv to absolutly not do that. Worst case is death if your body overheats or something.
Only if temp raises above 39+ c. else you need to bring it down immediantly.

Chills/shivers and fever does absolutely make an ER visit.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
When I was 20, I had pneumonia and after 12 hours of 104F fever that tylenol and aspirin weren't helping, I went to my college infirmary. During my week-long stay there, my fever spiked to 107F twice, and my memories of it are a bit vague as I was hallucinating at the time, but they packed ice around me to help try to bring it down. Not a fun time. They also were still trying to figure out what was wrong with me, so they were taking a lot of blood samples during the spikes. My arms had so many needle punctures....

Dehydration is very dangerous, between your fever and your diarrhea, you will have trouble getting enough hydration. They kept me on a saline drip pretty much my whole week in the infirmary, as I couldn't drink enough to replenish.

Long story short - see a doctor!

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you have the flu. Go to a doctor and get seen. I had fevers for days and might have died had I not gone to the ER when I did. I ended up getting both the flu and pneumonia.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Take some Tylenol extra strength and make yourself some green tea with honey. Or Lemon. Drink lots of fluids.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Another cool thing about urgent care is that [at least the ones we have around us] the bill will never exceed $250.00 [I do not know if that is dependent on the person having insurance, but hey don't we all have to be enrolled in this broken system!?!].

I've gotten higher bills because I don't have insurance. Urgent care here also require a $100 up front fee usually. Not everyone has that. The system is broken.

I hope you feel better soon, OP. Go to a doctor if you're worried or it gets worse.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Have you taken your temperature? If you are running a high fever you really shouldn't be adding more warmth to your body. Get some tylenol in you and if it doesn't drop to 101~, lose the blankets.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you taken your temperature? That's important and thermometers are cheap enough to have one around if at all possible.

And as someone else said, it's a serious thing -- blame space posted and never came back. Another person posted (https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-ive-been-feeling-weird-lately-health-wise.57647/) and never came back. You have so much potential in your life that if there's a way to get looked at, it's worth it. :(

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Was this confirmed? You mean blamespace?
It's probably never gonna be officially confirmed. But I mean, extremely active user for years, posts from the ER for two days about how much pain he's in and says he's not sure if he's gonna make it. It's been almost 6 months, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you start seeing visual hallucinations you need to call somebody to bring you to urgent care

Back during the swine flu epidemic earlier this decade, I caught that shit and woke up in the middle of the night thinking a zombie outbreak was happening. The room was dark, but I was literally seeing "stars" all around me. It took me half an hour to crawl from my bed to my computer to check CNN to convince myself zombies weren't coming.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Urgent Care clinic is like 40 dollars with a co-pay
People are confusing urgent care with the emergency room weirdly. It's the emergency room that will leave you in the poorhouse.

I know that US healthcare system is shit, but at least don't spread misinformation, folks. Lives are at stake. Urgent care and walk-in clinics are a thing here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
True. I always thought its better to sweat it out etc. A day after my fever they say on tv to absolutly not do that. Worst case is death if your body overheats or something.
Right. It's easier to think of it like this: We bundle up (warm clothes, blankets, etc.) to keep our bodies warm when the external temperature is too cold. In the case of fever, your body is already warmer than it should be*, without the external temperature being a factor. So bundling up is only going to make you hotter.

OP sounds like he needs to get to urgent care and/or be constantly monitoring his temp, too.

*Important caveat: I mean "should be" as in when you are healthy. Fevers are often good in that it's our bodies' way of fighting disease, but bundling up too much can be very harmful. Most health care experts say a light blanket and clothes are fine. (Say, your jammies and a light blanket.)

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
People are confusing urgent care with the emergency room weirdly. It's the emergency room that will leave you in the poorhouse.

I know that US healthcare system is shit, but at least don't spread misinformation, folks. Lives are at stake. Urgent care and walk-in clinics are a thing here.

Of course they are. But when all the ones by me require a $100 upfront fee, it's easy to see why people who aren't well off would be hesitant or unable to do that. But yes, they are generally much cheaper.

Feb 10, 2018
Holy fuck it feels like I am going to die.

If I stay perfectly still, my body starts to feel warm, but if I dare make any movements or even attempt to throw on a blanket, its the fucking ice age. I've gagged a few times, cant seem to throw up. Neck, chest, and back hurt, idk from this sickness or from my awkward laying down position when i have layers of sweaters and hot rice bags on.

I got it last night and incredibly intensely through the morning. By around 1 pm today it felt way better, but noticeably still there
. I've slept for a few hours and its back with a vengeance. I get dizzy and burst into small crying fits

What the fuck guys
If i die you bettwr honor my name and watch the gundam

Oddly enough the warmest sanctuary is my bathroom so I'm just taking fever shits until I feel good enough to go get more medicine. Idk why this thread but i just need to vent to people rn

Are you sweating a lot on your back or stomach or chest?

Have you gone numb in any limbs?

Any pain going from chest to arms/shoulders?

What's your pulse like?

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam please post if you're OK

Still here!

Are you sweating a lot on your back or stomach or chest?

Have you gone numb in any limbs?

Any pain going from chest to arms/shoulders?

What's your pulse like?

No, earlier today my forehead and back of neck was sweating.

No.

No.

Normal I guess?

The fever as a whole has been going up and down. Right now I don't feel freezing but I do have an annoying headache, and I can feel my food churning in my stomache. I kind of suspect it will come back if I try to get more sleep, as has been the trend, but im the least fever-y I've felt in 2 and a half days.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, thanks a ton guys. I was just in agony for a small amount of time and needed to whine about it on the internet. If it comes back again at the same intensity or worse, I am seeing my doctor.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can have a fever and feel wretched and be OK. But a fever is a little like a head injury in that it's worth keeping an eye on because if it goes wrong, it goes badly wrong and it's irreversible. If you're getting into the danger zone number wise, it's definitely time to seek help, but if you're sick and alone in bed that's easier said than done. Also it's no joke for little kids. Beyond caution there. Old people too but they had their fun.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hydrate yourself. Break out the soup and if you feel like you will die "lol" seek urgent care.. Don't be afraid of doctors ppl.

Feb 10, 2018
Still here!

No, earlier today my forehead and back of neck was sweating.

No.

No.

Normal I guess?

The fever as a whole has been going up and down. Right now I don't feel freezing but I do have an annoying headache, and I can feel my food churning in my stomache. I kind of suspect it will come back if I try to get more sleep, as has been the trend, but im the least fever-y I've felt in 2 and a half days.

The questions I asked you is what I get asked when I call the NHS helpline, they also ask if you have been sick and if you have passed any blood from either ends.
If you have not had any of these symptoms lm guessing it rules out serious stuff and NHS would say it's a virus/flu and try a pain killer, sip water or weak tea and try and eat something like complex carbs (bread, rice, oats etc) if you have trouble keeping it down.
They would probably recommend you see you GP, and if anything worsens call them back or call 999.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Pretty sure I had this in October and yeah, congrats on the flu. Does the fever come in waves? Mine would spike up to 103.5 for a few hours then go away for a few. Went through that shit for about a week.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
when I was around 18, I had a fever that went up to almost 107 for an hour or two. i kept hearing whispers and in my daze I kept telling my Mom "i need the pencil, where's the pencil. pencil." over and over, and had like an out of body experience where I could see myself saying that and her beside me. was the weirdest shit ever, I remember it to this day. (fever broke to around 102 when she was ready to take me to the ER)

high fevers do crazy shit, surprised you were even able to post on ERA