• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
yeah my knees are fucked. 32 and the army did a number on mine. It's not so much a terrible pain, more that I constantly "feel" them

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
My knees are a mess, my hips as well to a lesser extent. Minor arthritis in my neck, and some torn labrum's in both shoulders. The way I look at our bodies is like a car. Shit starts to just fall apart at a certain point. We can only do stuff to slow it down slightly, but once the damage is done, it's done. Cartilage cannot regenerate. Strengthening the muscles around the knee has never done much to help me. Stretching seems to help, staying active seems to help, but I do know at some point it's gonna go completely. Wish I had the money for some surgeries to clean things up a bit.

OP
OP
Truly Gargantuan

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah my knees are fucked. 32 and the army did a number on mine. It's not so much a terrible pain, more that I constantly "feel" them
Yeah they don't really hurt. It's just a slightly uncomfortable stiffness that I need to stretch out every now and again throughout the day.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Take up walking as exercise. That will help to build your leg muscles to the point where the pressure isn't so hard on your joints.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm turning 40 this year.

I have lower back pain now. Periodically, sometimes without reason.

It is a gift to get old. Endure your pain like a man.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
You should go to physio then get a personal trainer. If your knees are this badly hurting at age 30 then you aren't doing things to make your body healthy.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you gotta get outta that restaraunt worker lifestyle and get healthy. No more going out to drink after work and eating shit food late at night.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I've got this too. Sucks because I really think it was squat exercises that screwed them up for me. What's sad is I've been using proper form and using knee wraps; I don't get how they could get so jacked up ☹.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Happened to me a couple years back. I did physical therapy and no longer have pain. Glutes, glutes and more glutes. It will take a couple months before you see results depending on how eff'd your knees were

Oct 27, 2017
44 here and my knees are fine.....it was my back that took a random shit for the first time at age 30. Now im really careful with how i move, how fast i twist or get up. You learn, you adapt, youll be fine.....until something youve done forever one way now makes you hurt. Just in case, start pricing hoverrrounds

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Water, stretch and squats! 37 years old here! I squat 3 times a week. Strengthen your legs, lower back, etc.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Mid 40's here and I feel as good as ever. No ailments here. Sorry OP invest in some good shoes is the only advice I can give.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
knee cartilage is indeed among the first thing that shows aging. still 30 seems way too early for that.
get professional advice i'd say, it might create much more trouble down the line for you.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
what's your posture like OP?

can become a mess real quick and tension in one part of the body can lead to tightness in another part.

Tight hamstrings and hips are bad news for comfortable knees.

get flexible

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
source.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Short answer:
Flexiseq Sport. (I'm specifying the Sport version as that's what was given to me by a kindly friend. Smells really nice too!)

Long answer:
A short while ago I damaged my left knee by incorrectly performing Bulgarian sqauts, and then stepping off a stage and bracing a landing on the same knee. I felt something softly crunch on both occasions and thought that was it, my left knee was forever f***ed - I could feel it when working out and, worse still, if I stood still for long periods, it would severely tighten. Pain wise, on a scale of 1-10, I would say it ranged from 4 and 7. Not fun! Then I started using Flexiseq Sport and stopped doing Bulgarian squats. A few months down the line and I am completely left knee pain free. Good times.

ftchrs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm 32 and started having problems with my knees a couple of years ago. Then I took up running. Now I do 40-60 miles of mostly slow-paced running a week, and my knees have never been happier. I do remember them being rather sore after workouts when I first started, but not even marathon-distance bothers me anymore.

I used to work in kitchens mind you. Your body will hate mostly standing in one place all day. You'll probably find that your knees would be less sore after a full day of walking, where you get to engage your muscle, instead of working on your feet indoors.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Get some great work shoes, I highly reccomend blundstones. Other than that, just stretch out and if you're like me, try to lose a little weight to have less stress on the joints. And I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but try to get 8 hours of sleep too. And drink lots of water!

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Just recently turned 30 as of June. This past week my knees have been giving me trouble. My job requires that im on my feet all day, and I'm frequently bending down to grab things and/or lifting somewhat heavy objects. I already own a decent pair of walking shoes but I could probably get better soles.
Anyways... Any advice would be extremely helpful.

The only help against degeneration and aging is heavy lifting.
If you only want to do one thing, start squatting. The contribution of muscles to general health is very underrated.
Second thing would be to work on nutrition, like bone stock, to provide the nutrients for healthy bones and ligaments.
Don't supplement, eat real food.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
35 and my knees have been killing me the past few years. Went to multiple doctors and took pain killers to no success.

Started taking glucosamine a few months ago and it really seems to help. Only squatting is giving me trouble now, should probably start going to the gym...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What type of lifestyle do you people live if your body is aching at 30? Christ. I'm 35 and I'm at my strongest, no pain or aches. I do go to the gym regularly and eat well, that's what you need to do OP. Also, stretch about 5 times a week, you'll feel your body thank you once you do.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 32 and exactly like you.
When I was younger, I thought these things will happen to me when I'll become 50 or 60! lol

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
What type of lifestyle do you people live if your body is aching at 30? Christ. I'm 35 and I'm at my strongest, no pain or aches. I do go to the gym regularly and eat well, that's what you need to do OP. Also, stretch about 5 times a week, you'll feel your body thank you once you do.

Exercise is a double edged sword. It's great for strengthening your joints and muscles to help prevent musculoskeletal injury, but it also increases the risk of damage to your joints and musculoskeletal injury. Running and cycling can make your knees hurt and wear more. Swimming would be good but then it would worsen my shoulder injury (rotator cuff tear). Squatting would be nice but my Tarlov cysts and herniated disc injury really can't handle vertical load on my spine. I'm basically relegated to body weight exercise and light cardio if I don't want to injure something.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Just recently turned 30 as of June. This past week my knees have been giving me trouble. My job requires that im on my feet all day, and I'm frequently bending down to grab things and/or lifting somewhat heavy objects. I already own a decent pair of walking shoes but I could probably get better soles.
Anyways... Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Muscle training, lose weight and change this job.