• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I could ask the reputably fashionable people of Era for some ideas. I am getting married in May. I'm renting a house in the Colorado mountains where 11 family members will be staying for several days, and we'll have a little ceremony off in the forest somewhere. No groomsmen, and my fiance is cool with me wearing pretty much whatever I want as long as it's "nice". She'll be wearing a white wedding dress but maybe not a full length dress since we'll need to walk a little bit in the woods.

In case it helps to provide direction, I am a cis male, 6ft 4in, 200lbs. This is what I look like:

IMG-2072.jpg

I really have no idea what to wear so I am completely open-minded to ideas. It doesn't have to be traditional, but it should definitely be something that wouldn't look completely out of place in a wedding. It would be nice to find some nice sneakers that can fly in a formal-ish setting.

Curious to hear some what sort of styles you all are into for wedding occasions (feel free to post whatever, doesn't specifically have to work on me)!

Jul 18, 2018
Woods eh..
Perhaps for dress shirt, get a floral pattern that would contrast well with the forest setting

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Your fiancee says she's wearing a wedding dress even if it might not be full length. So a suit?

OP
OP
Servbot24

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But what type of suit? I see tons of different kinds of google images, do they go in and out of style?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Use the excuse to get yourself a nice suit, tailored, that you can use for work/other occasions down the road. Grey or Navy.

Find a local place near you, you'll be able to get something of great quality for $800 or so + shoes for a jacket, trousers, and shirt. You can spend a LOT more, but that'll be plenty great I think for anyone asking for advice :)

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
But what type of suit? I see tons of different kinds of google images, do they go in and out of style?

do you have a local shop around?

yeah, Jos A Bank or Bannana Republic is gonna be questionable in regard to timelessness. But surely if you Google there will be a well reviewed local spot semi nearby. Schedule an appointment,bring Some pics of what you think looks nice, and ask for opinions in relationship to your budget.

OP
OP
Servbot24

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
do you have a local shop around?

yeah, Jos A Bank or Bannana Republic is gonna be questionable in regard to timelessness. But surely if you Google there will be a well reviewed local spot semi nearby. Schedule an appointment,bring Some pics of what you think looks nice, and ask for opinions in relationship to your budget.
Hmm, well I guess this choice is maybe a lot more simple than I was thinking. Lol

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, well I guess this choice is maybe a lot more simple than I was thinking. Lol

Yeah, man. No need to stress. Go to a local suit shop - ideally something smaller that might be run by the owner - and express your interest in a nice suit that doesn't break the bank and can have more use than just your wedding. I promise you won't be the first person that week to ask those questions. I'm 100% sure he or she will size you up real fast, make a couple suggestions, and then grab 2-3 jackets off the rack. You'll put them on, discuss what you do and don't like - they'll point out something about the lapel or the texture or whatever.... and then you'll land on something. You'll then get a basic white shirt. A coordinating tie. They'll take some more measurements... and then tell you they can have it all ready in a few days-week.

Jacket and trousers in most metro cities in one-off shops seem to start in the $600-$900 range. Like I said earlier, there is cheaper... and absolutely way more expensive (a bespoke suit can run several thousand BEFORE you get to the "good fabrics). I don't think you need that. But if you're willing to drop a grand on an all-up setup, I think you'll find it a lot of fun a new you'll be very pleased!

most of all, do what makes you feel confident and comfortable! It's your day!

congrats on the wedding!!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Clothes are for cowards. True love stands naked before god.

Congratulations!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Congrats on the wedding. Maybe suggest something really awful to your bride-to-be, like one of the old pimp suits or a plaid suit. Maybe then she'll care!

Otherwise, I'd say go with a tux setup but with just a vest on. Can't go wrong with a classic black + white tux including the bow tie. I think you'd rock the bow tie.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
In all honesty, buying a suit is easy. Google suit store and go there and check stuff out. You'll see something you like.

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
congrats! that's heaps exciting

a really good resource for seeing what kind of style or vibe you want might be pinterest. just type in something like casual wedding outfit men or whatever and u should be able to get at least a good idea of what you're after

good luck with everything ✌️

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
iu

Seriously though congratulations. Personally I'd go with a classic tux, especially since you fiancé is wearing a traditional wedding dress. You might be able to work in some kicks with that if you really want; with a suit I'd probably go with high tops in black unless you want to accessorize with your tie. The key is being subtle and tasteful; don't want to upstage your bride.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck a suit, get some nice slacks, button down long sleeve, and some rounded toe leather shoes. Shoes that look dressy but aren't actual dress shoes because dress shoes are ass and uncomfortable. Tie or no tie depending on your preference.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I could ask the reputably fashionable people of Era for some ideas. I am getting married in May. I'm renting a house in the Colorado mountains where 11 family members will be staying for several days, and we'll have a little ceremony off in the forest somewhere. No groomsmen, and my fiance is cool with me wearing pretty much whatever I want as long as it's "nice". She'll be wearing a white wedding dress but maybe not a full length dress since we'll need to walk a little bit in the woods.

In case it helps to provide direction, I am a cis male, 6ft 4in, 200lbs. This is what I look like:

IMG-2072.jpg

I really have no idea what to wear so I am completely open-minded to ideas. It doesn't have to be traditional, but it should definitely be something that wouldn't look completely out of place in a wedding. It would be nice to find some nice sneakers that can fly in a formal-ish setting.

Curious to hear some what sort of styles you all are into for wedding occasions (feel free to post whatever, doesn't specifically have to work on me)!
rBVaWFzwnniARvwqAAHc1lthOxM618.jpg

This is nice (take off the glasses)

a VERY DARK jeans work very well
cd9a1dde8fcbea8d3b290220615348c1.jpg

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Depends on the style/theme if you have one. Congrats dude!

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
Suit, preferably with a vest. Just go to a suit store, pay about $500, and you will look smashing. Your wife and your mom will appreciate it.

Bonus: Now you have a suit, which unlike a wedding dress, can be worn again.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of the purple 3-piece and I think you could pull it off imho.

6a0120a65f64b9970c019b00976346970c-pi.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
Congratulations OP on the Wedding. You post on on Basketball Era a lot. No harm is being meant when I say your picture looks like an basketball player silhouette. You have a lot of fashionable options due to that. You should try to look for an stylist which you can probably find at an reasonable price right now due to COVID.