• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this is one of those films that if you're a dude like, no matter your personality or general temperament, you kinda want to act like Alonzo for a day or two after you watch it.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Exact opposite feeling for me after watching this one. Loved the movie, but it leaves you feeling bad and gross imo. Great movie and performances. Don't think wanting to be a vigilante or crooked cop is this movies intended outcome lol

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
That moment when you ejaculate so hard you end up losing brain cells. I guess post-nut clarity is not a constant for everybody haha.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Alonzo is such a cool character that I agree you kinda have the urge to say some of his lines after seeing the movie. Kinda like Joker in The Dark Knight. They aren't suppose to be aspirational characters but they are damn cool

KING KONG AINT GOT SHIT ON ME

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And no I think I get the movie guys 😒

As cool as Denzel's final speech is on a cinematic level it's ultimately him flailing about and despite his assertion he understands "street justice" he ultimately results to threatening everyone with his supposed authority as a cop which flies against the notion that he's somehow above the typical cop who needs to rely on their badge to get things done.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Generally was under the assumption this was one of those movies guys hype up

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyway I feel like everyone here has one character---multiple characters---who they think would be fun to be in an escapism sort of way why still realizing the flaws of being said character in real life.

Not sure why you all trying to "got 'em" telling me Alonzo got shot up in the end like I didn't know that. And like I don't realize the real world ramifications of being a loose cannon cowboy cop.

And I don't even mean in terms of his actual actions I meant the general sense of swagger and bravado he gives off is kind of enticing.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Dozens of AK rounds pumped into my chest is a small price to pay for Eva Mendes and that office that Alonzo gets to roll around in.