• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all!
Been thinking of putting this out for awhile. I know that Bethesda Game Studios has issues. I know many voice both valid concerns over everything from an aging engine, to unpatched bugs. As a result soooo many threads and conversations center on such negative topics that it can feel disheartening to discuss Elder Scrolls or Fallout in a positive light.
Well no more! :)
Despite these issues, valid or hyperbolic, Bethesda Game Studios has crafted some of the greatest worlds I have ever entered. I LOVE the agency I have in Skyrim or Oblivion to go anywhere and do anything at my leisure. I love the aspect of living another life in a sandbox I can alterate. I love spending hours interacting with almost all the stuff in the world that you can pick up, read, enchant, or just re-arrange. I haven't even mentioned mods! There are amazing games in many genres that I love and enjoy, yes, but Bethesda games are one of the few that are still an EVENT for me. These games have a "magic" to them that is unique, and while open-world games have grown exponentially they still stand alone in the freedom they offer me.

I could go on for a good while, but how about you Era?
Any "adoring fans" out there? :-)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

I don't like them

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything up to Fallout 4, which was disappointing. Far Harbor was good.

Mar 23, 2018
I'm not the biggest Bethesda fan but I can say that I did have fun with every single game of theirs that I've played, which is what this stuff is about... or so I believe lol I hope they continue doing that... but change that engine, c'mon.

Still gotta play New Vegas, even though it's more of an Obsidian game than Bethesda game, right?

When people mention mods on PC games, Bethesda is the first thing that comes to my mind, even if they were not the ones that made the mods.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, I love Bethesda games. Give me glitchy and buggy over polished and boring like most triple-A console games.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda is in my top 5 developers. I haven't disliked anything they've made.

Edit: then again Fallout 76 is disappointing

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Funny enough, I just finished a Skyrim session.

Skyrim is one of my favorite games of all time.

That said, Bethesda doesn't get a pass anymore. They are no longer the kings of open-world. And they need to wake up and realize that. They have to put in a lot of work next-gen to get back on top.

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Skyrim a lot.

Granted, that is the only thing I like from them. I am really looking forward to ES6.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you OP! I love playing their games as well. I have a replay of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim planned for this year.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i 'member a time when a Bethesda game, while buggy as fuck, was at least crazy and full of 'out there' ideas...remember the crazy expansion for Oblivion, Shivering Isle?

None of their output were as crazy and 'out there' since.
But it's still as buggy like it's the early 2000s.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm with you there. I've tried everyone of them thus far and they never stick. I can see the appeal, but I just get bored of them pretty quick. I ran through the story mode of Skyrim since I payed $30 for it and never looked back.

They've always been too janky for me and not the good, STALKER kind of janky. They don't feel good to play and I don't see any upsides to the games being that way.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I like them. Even Fallout 4. I liked 76 beta too. I'll probably pick it up once I chip down my backlog a bit.
There I said it.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
240 hours and still counting in Fallout 4. I highly doubt anyone here have surpassed me.

I had around 400 hours across multiple playthroughs on PS4! I deleted them when I double dipped on Xbox 1 for the superior console mods though.

I honestly like Fallout 3 more than New Vegas

I'm in the same boat. I preferred the Capitol Wasteland over the Mojave desert setting. Still loved New Vegas though.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I won't say I love them but I don't hate them like so many on here and elsewhere do. I was thinking about doing a LTTP about Fallout 4 because I made a thread about it several months through. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as New Vegas or even 3 were but I don't think its awful. The voiced protag was a terrible decision though, hope they go back to the old style.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Fallout 4. Played literally 1000 hours of it, thanks to mods and Survival Mode.

I quit Fallout 76 after 100 sad, frustrated hours. BGS is going to have to grovel at my feet to win me back next gen.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love(d) them. But they've been getting worse and worse. Fallout 4 still had most of what made their games good, however it was gutted in certain areas such a dialogue options.76 is trash.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many people like them, Elder Scrolls 6 & a proper Fallout 5 will still be major events but that doesn't mean we can't also point out their failures or wish they'd do better.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
BGS is my favorite game developer. I recognize they have some issues with bugs and jank, but the fun I have in the games makes up for it. I'm even having fun with Fallout 76 (I've got over 100 hours into it), but I hope they keep improving it as it has been the buggiest game of theirs for me by far.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've never been able to get into their games at all. And the Fallout 76 debacle just makes me want to avoid them.

Though I do have Doom 2016 sitting on my shelf right now. I should probably get around to playing that.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've enjoyed some of their games but to me they're only ever as good as their last game, so I figure they've got some hard work to do to make up loat ground.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Morrowind is one of the top 1-3 greatest ever made. Oblivion and Skyrim are classics in their own right. If they never make another good game I'll love them always.