• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leddmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Graylands Incident from Vagrant Story, the combination of the art and music are atmospheric as hell and set the tone of the game perfectly.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of surprised no one's posted Parasite Eve yet. It's obviously pretty dated, but something about the music and some of the better visuals just gets me hyped.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'll have to think about my all time favorite, but Suikoden 3 intro was amazing and pumped me up to play it every time

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
I prefer the GT 5 Spec 2.0 intro, especially the part after 2:40.

Not bad, not bad at all, I don't think I've seen this version before. But as far as GT5 is concern, I kinda like the original intro - yes, with that crazy long video showing a car factory:

The Gran Turismo 2 is closer to my heart because it brings so many good memories about life in general around that time. By then, I didn't speak English, the only thing I could get from the song was "my favorite game" and that kinda stuck: GT2 is my favorite GT game and I'd put in my top 5 of all time.

To be fair, the only GT intro that I don't like is the GTSport SpecII one: it is so silly trying to push drama and excitement with some dudes seatting down on a sofa.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Was the reason why I started playing FFXIV. Sure End of an Era is better but that was maybe less inviting.

Mar 29, 2018

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Jesper Kyd's music.

The reveal.

The narrative build-up.

*chef's kiss*

Edit: looking at it now, it's clearly almost a 1:1 of MGS1's opening sequence, but WAY better written and with even better music IMO.

Last edited:

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
This has been my favorite since the first time I watched it:

Last edited:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Don't know if Epic enough but I'm a misanthropic miserable fucker IRL but watching this I get a little lump in my throat at the advancement of human civilization and want to fire it up immediately and win an easy Culture victory as Russia as Russia are OP.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld 2 (remastered edition):

I seriously want a series or films based on the Homeworld franchise.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Every single FFXIV opening. Heavensward's alone made me power thru the sluggish parts of Realm Reborn because it was so hype (even if it spoils the later events of the original story)

FFVII also blew my mind as a kid, and I've avoided watching the remake's version because I wanna get the nostalgic tinglies when I start the game itself

Also - Toot Toot Sonic Warrior > Sonic Boom

Also... the cheese is too good in Sonic Adventure

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Mechwarrior 2+Mercs and Descent 2, and Quake 2 used to be this.
They aged really, really awkwardly but at the time they were something else.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if these really count, but I found the promotional cinematics for The Old Republic to be incredible:

In the end I never really gelled with the game, but those cinematics really captured everything I've ever wanted from Star Wars.

All of the TOR cinematics are better then the actual Star Wars movies.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I remember being fascinated by Tenchu's opening back in the day. Amazing song and somewhat eerie 90s cg visuals.

Gnomepowered

Nov 23, 2018
Speaking of Devil Summoner, I love the opening (I guess it's actually the attract screen or whatever, but still) for the first Raidou Devil Summoner game. I think it does a great job at expressing the tone of the game, which can be much more lighthearted than other SMT games while also diving into some of the darker ideas the series is known for. It gives a little look into the characterization for the main cast, and the jazzy theme is great- I especially like how the horn blasts sync up with the credits, and how it hits its peak with the big fight near the end of the video where Raidou dodges the demon attack.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I love the beginning to Legacy of Kain Blood Omen.

Vorador slaughtering the Circle of Nine while they desperately call for Malek.

"Call your dogs! They can feast on your corpses!"