• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DO. NOT. APOLOGISE. You did nothing wrong.

Hopefully your union rep has your back.

EDIT: Didn't see update 3. Sorry.

EDIT 2: I just read update 2. hmm, i see why you chose to apologise. Though i don't think that they would lose face if you didn't, I understand why you did. An am glad everyone had your back.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Was that Union person just a rep or was she a lawyer for the Union. Because if she's not a lawyer she should go to law school, she handled this perfectly.

I told you to apologise and move on but I'm glad this worked out for you, I'll gladly eat a double helping of crow

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The upside isn't zero value. People always share stories when they get in trouble to receive help or consolation. He is getting the affirmation he deserves. He should consider your advice but you don't understand what the value of venting is when you should.
Key words: "leaving it online". What's done is done. Support was given. His situation was resolved, the story is over. However, it's still online in a public forum, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility the parents will find it and kick up another stink. There are a ton of students who know the situation, most of them are probably gamers, some could easily be on this site.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like it ended well but something still sounds like more should have been done about the incident. How is violence like that acceptable?

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes we apologize because we have too, not because we want too. Life isn't always about being right... but making the correct decision to make a situation go away.

Sucks though.. mad respect for you man... High Schools are fucking rough these days.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
After that last update, the mental image of the parents likely spending the next few days just fucking fuming around their home is so satisfying.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it ended well but something still sounds like more should have been done about the incident. How is violence like that acceptable?

It's up to the kid who was assaulted to file charges with the local police. I don't think anyone in the school administration can do that on their behalf.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Insist you do it in person and say I'm sorry I removed your child from a dangerous situation in a deadpan voice.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'd close this thread. I have to say it disgusts me that more isn't done about these incidents. This is a serious offence which could have left a child dead, police should be involved. The fact that kids at school can get away with stuff like this is why bullying gets so bad.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
As a fellow teacher I have to say you handled it wonderfully and I'm glad it worked out as I've seen other teachers in similar situations be not nearly so lucky. But hey we get the summers off so it's all good right dur dur dur.

As a fellow teacher I also have to say delete this thread now.

OP
OP
JK-Money

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well everyone thanks for the participation and the kind words. This thread is long over due for closure.

BronsonLee

Or any other mod by chance, close the thread.

Keep uo the good fight fellow educators, 5 months left!

Status
Not open for further replies.