• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel constantly nervous and scared about the future. Like at any given moment a mudslide of lies will lead to the end of the country forever.

I just want Trump and McConnell gone. That's it. I don't care who does it. If Biden can deliver the Senate, I don't give a fuck what he does in office. As long as these two are no longer in government, please just go take it all away.

The day these two old coots pass I will mark on my calendar and celebrate every damn year. They had better bury them in private cemeteries because I'd love to pay a visit and piss on their tombstones someday.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There will be way worse, way smarter fascists in power within your lifetime. Add climate change and sociological changes and the Trump era will look absolutely rosy in a couple decades.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I will vote for whoever wins the nomination and everyone should as well. Trump is worse than anything on our side.
Don't let perfection get in the way of an improvement.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly should have been your first thought the day after the 2016 election.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I will also vote for whoever wins the nomination.

Following this week's vote in the UK, I am feeling our chances of winning against Trump are around 1-3%. I will still vote.

Yes, this post might be stupid. I'm just so fucking bummed out about the UK vote. I'm sure I will start feeling more hopeful for the US soon.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Electoralism is never "all that matters". Fight to get Trump out of power, yes, but don't treat that as the be-all and end-all, or you'll end up completely neutered as a political agent if it doesn't work out the way you want it to.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's probably Biden, maybe Sanders, Warren, or Butty and I'll have zero issue voting for any of them. Once the primary's over, I won't be super interested in comparing them anymore until they're in office.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Nah It is probably already over. The senate is a R majority and they've already proven they don't give a fuck.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
Morons who weren't willing to come out for Hillary even if she wasn't perfect caused Trump.

Don't be like those morons.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Biden is going to be the nom. It's just a matter of whether a Senate victory is in the cards.
It's absolutely imperative that you get it because otherwise there's no coming back from the precipice that American democracy presently resides upon.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Vote for who you want in the primary.

Rally behind the winning candidate in the general election.

That's sort of how it's been since the beginning of the primary system.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Morons who weren't willing to come out for Hillary even if she wasn't perfect caused Trump.

Don't be like those morons.

I plan on voting straight ticket Dem until the day I die, every damn year, every single election, even off-year. Fuck the GOP. I hope someday in my lifetime I see the party no longer exist. It's happened before. I hope it happens again.

I only hold out hope, that every 2 years, a few GOP voters disappear and a few new Democrat voters begin participating, and that slowly but surely things will keep shifting in the right direction.

I only wish it was shifting faster.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh cool thanks

pardon me what the fuck

Once global warming really starts affecting the first world, ethno fascists are gonna make a HUGe comeback. Wouldn't be surprised if colonialism makes a comeback and the big powers start invading and taking over land that is still good snd comfortable.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
I plan on voting straight ticket Dem until the day I die, every damn year, every single election, even off-year. Fuck the GOP. I hope someday in my lifetime I see the party no longer exist. It's happened before. I hope it happens again.

You and me both. Even if the dem is clinically insane or a literal bag of shit they're getting my vote over anybody with an 'R' next to their name.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
If Biden wins the nomination, I expect him to win. Then I expect him to serve a single term before either being forced to not run again due to clear cognitive decline from the stress of the job, or Trump 2.0 defeating him in the 2024 election. By 2025, I would not be surprised if we're back to full GOP control of the government.

Last edited:

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Vote for whoever you want in the Primary. That's the time to pick whoever is closest to your values.

Vote for whoever wins the primary in the general, because picking someone closer to your values is better then letting the one farthest away win.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You and me both. Even if the dem is clinically insane or a literal bag of shit they're getting my vote over anybody with an 'R' next to their name.

Someone labeling themselves and Republican is all I need to know about a person to know what type of character they have.

And I know for certainty I'm going to be donating $100 to whoever McConnell's opponent ends up being, and $100 to whoever Trump's opponent ends up being. Bumper stickers, yard signs, all that shit.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Biden wins the nomination, I expect him to win. Then I expect him to serve a single term before either being forced to due to clear cognitive decline from the stress of the job, or Trump 2.0 defeating him in the 2024 election. By 2025, I would not be surprised that we're back to full GOP control of the government.

I can see that happening too, but we will have 4 more years of younger voters beginning to participate in politics, and 4 more years of Boomers dying off (sorry not sorry) to shift demographics. It helps, at least a little.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. I dislike Biden vs. the rest of the field, for example. But if he gets the nom you better believe I'll vote for him. Trump absolutely cannot get another term.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I'm voting for whoever wins the nom. Trump has to go. Mich also has to go. Really all of the current GOP members need to go , but Mich and Trump the most.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There will be way worse, way smarter fascists in power within your lifetime. Add climate change and sociological changes and the Trump era will look absolutely rosy in a couple decades.
Yep. Only hope is to vote in someone who can organise and strengthen ground level leftist and Labor power structures and there's only one candidate who's running with that goal.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
I highly doubt any candidate can break Biden's firewall of Black voters atm. They have the same idea as you OP, win at all costs, even if it's someone you may not care for.

Being Black in America during the Obama and Trump eras makes one conscious of being too hopeful.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I highly doubt any candidate can break Biden's firewall of Black voters atm. They have the same idea as you OP, win at all costs, even if it's someone you may not care for.

Being Black in America during the Obama and Trump eras makes one conscious of being too hopeful.

Still, I'll take slow (very slow) but steady progress over a return to colonialism.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I can see that happening too, but we will have 4 more years of younger voters beginning to participate in politics, and 4 more years of Boomers dying off (sorry not sorry) to shift demographics. It helps, at least a little.
Sorry, but this sounds like fool's gold. Waiting for all the old people to die off and the younger, more progressive people to take over has been a soothing notion among liberals for decades to feel better after another bitter defeat. That has never been the case, nor will it ever be the case.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): antagonizing other users, related prior infraction
I will also vote for whoever wins the nomination.

Following this week's vote in the UK, I am feeling our chances of winning against Trump are around 1-3%. I will still vote.

Yes, this post might be stupid. I'm just so fucking bummed out about the UK vote. I'm sure I will start feeling more hopeful for the US soon.

I think being motivated is good, but if you're feeling overwhelmed with depression, one thing to keep in mind is that the polls showed the Tories ahead for the entire election period, and have showed Trump way behind for the entire primary to date.

Electoralism is never "all that matters". Fight to get Trump out of power, yes, but don't treat that as the be-all and end-all, or you'll end up completely neutered as a political agent if it doesn't work out the way you want it to.

I mean, it's clear why you don't think getting Trump out of power is a very high priority, since you prefer his foreign policy, but for those of us who actually live here it probably matters a little more.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry, but this sounds like fool's gold. Waiting for all the old people to die off and the younger, more progressive people to take over has been a soothing notion among liberals for decades to feel better after another bitter defeat. That has never been the case, nor will it ever be the case.

I know everyone says you get more conservative as you age, but I don't think Millenials will do that. Not after what's happened to our generation. I think the GOP has fucked us over too hard for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Losing the 2020 election would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen. We can't keep doing what we've been doing for the past four years.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully Bernie Sanders is very popular, electable, and polls as strong as Biden against Trump. Easy choice!

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone says you get more conservative as you age, but I don't think Millenials will do that. Not after what's happened to our generation. I think the GOP has fucked us over too hard for that.

There's actually no evidence of this, despite the mythology. People mostly stay the same politically as they age, although they go through various life stages (getting married, buying property) that can affect their politics. Luckily millenials aren't doing any of those things.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I feel constantly nervous and scared about the future. Like at any given moment a mudslide of lies will lead to the end of the country forever.

200w.gif

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wait until you get millenials in postions of power and they spin their hatred and racism as taking back control of your country after Gen X fucked you and gave it away. Its really easy to pin the crisis and debt catastrophe on others and foreigners.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until you get millenials in postions of power and they spin their hatred and racism as taking back control of your country after Gen X fucked you and gave it away. Its really easy to pin the crisis and debt catastrophe on others and foreigners.

Luckily, 44% of millenials are people of color, which is why they are the most progressive generation of Americans (or were, until zoomers).

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
has "this centrist sucks but theyre our best chance so I'll vote for them in the primary" ever worked out?

mans what the fuck is Biden beyond "I'm not Trump. You have to vote for me"? Does he have a single policy idea?

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
has "this centrist sucks but theyre our best chance so I'll vote for them in the primary" ever worked out?

mans what the fuck is Biden beyond "I'm not Trump. You have to vote for me"? Does he have a single policy idea?

I learned ages ago that America is more sexist than it is racist. That's how shit is. Biden has a better GE chance than Hillary did. He's male, and less people seem to outright hate him.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Will happily vote and donate for whoever the Democratic nominee is. (I cannot canvass for them because I am a federal employee.)

I suppose, depending on your definitions, that I am progressive but not a self-avowed leftist. Thus, if the nominee is Biden and his message is "let's go back to where we were," I don't find that sufficient, and I think that continuing to push a message even towards a sitting President is effecive.

In other words, I'm happy with a return to normalcy provided it's coupled with an actionable plan for progress.