• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I have been wanting to play Metro Exodus and not wanting to buy it outside of Steam. Another poster said I should check out Game Pass and that is was $1 for the first month on PC.

I primarily game on PC and keep a pretty current rig. I currently have a i5 [email protected] and a GTX 1070. I am ready to upgrade both next year.

I also have an Xbox One X, that I never use. I just haven't had a compelling reason to yet. I'm really just waiting for MCC to release on PC. My daughter also has an Xbox One S, she won in a Christmas raffle and she was so happy. Anyway to my point.

I am looking at the Game Pass purchase screen and thinking about getting the Console + PC + Gold pass for $14.99 a month. It seems like a no brainer. I benefit with my PC and my X(theoretically). My daughter benefits and I get Gold, which I would never buy on it's own, but combined with the above, I can go back to console shooter MP(don't judge me!).

I don't now why I have such a weird aversion to this subscription. I think paying for Gold in the past made me jaded. I have no cable sub, my internet is 1 Gigabit for $65 a month and I have Netflix, Hulu and Prime already.

I should get Game Pass right?

Edited Gigabyte was wrong

Last edited:

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
It might be a better idea to find a year of Gold cheap and then upgrade to Gamepass ultimate for $1. You will get the whole year upgraded and have gamepass throughout.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to do it. I'd recommend taking advantage of the 1$ deal. - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?

Buy 12 months of gold. $60, then pay $1 to convert to Xbox GamePass Ultimate and you get a full year + 1 month for $61. Beats the $15 a month, unless you're just using it short term. You can do it up to 3 years max.

My lady who had her membership expire back in June, picked up 3x cards of 12 months for $40 (on sale) each ($120) and paid the $1 to convert to Xbox GamePass Ultimate. So she's set for 3 years for $121.

Elginer

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Dude, for some insane ass reason it booster my gold and game pass to Ultimate till September of 2020 for 15 measly ass dollars. That's a hell of a lot of gaming for dirt ass cheap and I'm not even talking about even on PC.

At this point MS must be losing money on me. Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds day one for that cheap, come in. It's almost criminal and this point. You get me more Game Pass goodies MS cuse I'll take it all. Honestly, it's a ridiculous ass deal.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is great. I just downloaded Dead Rising 4.

One of the better subscription services out there. Certainly the best gaming subscription service I can think of.

I'm thinking of PS+ where I pay a bucket of money and get basically nothing for it but the privilege of connecting online... Gamepass gives you access to piles of great games. I should cancel PS+.

Last edited:

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
I have been wanting to play Metro Exodus and not wanting to buy it outside of Steam. Another poster said I should check out Game Pass and that is was $1 for the first month on PC.

I primarily game on PC and keep a pretty current rig. I currently have a i5 [email protected] and a GTX 1070. I am ready to upgrade both next year.

I also have an Xbox One X, that I never use. I just haven't had a compelling reason to yet. I'm really just waiting for MCC to release on PC. My daughter also has an Xbox One S, she won in a Christmas raffle and she was so happy. Anyway to my point.

I am looking at the Game Pass purchase screen and thinking about getting the Console + PC + Gold pass for $14.99 a month. It seems like a no brainer. I benefit with my PC and my X(theoretically). My daughter benefits and I get Gold, which I would never buy on it's own, but combined with the above, I can go back to console shooter MP(don't judge me!).

I don't now why I have such a weird aversion to this subscription. I think paying for Gold in the past made me jaded. I have no cable sub, my internet is 1 Gigabit for $65 a month and I have Netflix, Hulu and Prime already.

I should get Game Pass right?

Edited Gigabyte was wrong

You cannot go wrong with Game Pass.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Game Pass is my favorite gaming thing right now. Every gaming enthusiast should at least give it one month...however if you can take advantage of the promo, do that instead. For the price of one games you'll get a lot of them.

OP
OP
Merv

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to do it. I'd recommend taking advantage of the 1$ deal. - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?

Buy 12 months of gold. $60, then pay $1 to convert to Xbox GamePass Ultimate and you get a full year + 1 month for $61. Beats the $15 a month, unless you're just using it short term. You can do it up to 3 years max.

My lady who had her membership expire back in June, picked up 3x cards of 12 months for $40 (on sale) each ($120) and paid the $1 to convert to Xbox GamePass Ultimate. So she's set for 3 years for $121.

Whoah! Thanks. I will definitely do a year for $61.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Need to invest in 4K.

Does that require both be signed in with my account or can my account just be the main account?

Set up her Xbox One S as your home console (leave your profile there, technically you can remove it but it doesnt need to be signed in). After that's done you can install the games using the Xbox website or using the Xbox GamePass app. Since her console is set up as home, games you install from the app will go to her Xbox automatically without having to sign into your account. However, if you use your One X you'll have to download them through the dashboard (unless you use the website and select your console when downloading).

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
I'd do what I did personally again which was buy 2 years of live (I had 6 months left). Enter code for 1 month of gamepass. For both the gamepass and live set to auto renew for extra 1 months a piece. Use the gamepass ultimate for $1 and now I have gamepass ultimate till May 2022.

Unfortunately for me though is I already own most of the games on gamepass but having a day 1 copy of gears, outerworlds, Blair witch, mmc on PC, halo infinite, plus whatever else mircosoft puts out in the next few years is going to be great.

Also the ability to game share and share the Xbox live gold makes it even more worth it.

OP
OP
Merv

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Set up her Xbox One S as your home console (leave your profile there, technically you can remove it but it doesnt need to be signed in). After that's done you can install the games using the Xbox website or using the Xbox GamePass app. Since her console is set up as home, games you install from the app will go to her Xbox automatically without having to sign into your account. However, if you use your One X you'll have to download them through the dashboard (unless you use the website and select your console when downloading).

Cool thanks.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you be crazy paying $15 a month for a service that provides you over 100+ games and new games being added monthly and all 1st party MS titles being made available on Game Pass? I really don't get why you would think it is Crazy to save a ton of money by not having to buy the games and get them for $15 a month?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's an amazing deal. Almost too good to be true. I signed up after E3.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
you kinda missed out paying like $120-150 for 3 years of gold and then converting that to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio, which is essentially $15x12x3 ($540) of "value" for $100-150 or less. THAT was an insane deal, i assume its dead but dunno

i'm set on ultimate till June 2022, just a few games a year that i wanna play more than covers it on pc or xbox like forza, the next halo, gears, etc

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
you kinda missed out paying like $120-150 for 3 years of gold and then converting that to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio, which is essentially $15x12x3 ($540) of "value" for $100-150 or less. THAT was an insane deal, i assume its dead but dunno

i'm set on ultimate till June 2022, just a few games a year that i wanna play more than covers it on pc or xbox like forza, the next halo, gears, etc

Deal is still around :) - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

"Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details."

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
No, you're not. I signed up for 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate using that $1 deal without even owning an Xbox or a gaming PC.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
As has already said, buy as much Gold as you are willing to (at least a year I'd say) and then convert it for free to Ultimate.

Looks like you're already on it. Good job.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
It's a no brainer. Try it for a month or two and if it doesn't feel like good value then you've only spent $15-30.

To me, if I've played at least 1 game that I like on the service, then it was worth it for that month.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not at all. I did during June and honestly its the best value for a sub service I have. It's insane and will only get better.

Nov 23, 2017
blazing chrome alone makes it worth it bc I would have bought that game for 19.99 honestly. And then you get shit like Shadow of war or lego city undercover also all the time (on Xbox)

OP
OP
Merv

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I did the year of Live for $60 and upgrade for a $1 deal. Thanks Hardvlade

Almost wish I would have done the full three years.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I'd do what I did personally again which was buy 2 years of live (I had 6 months left). Enter code for 1 month of gamepass. For both the gamepass and live set to auto renew for extra 1 months a piece. Use the gamepass ultimate for $1 and now I have gamepass ultimate till May 2022.

Unfortunately for me though is I already own most of the games on gamepass but having a day 1 copy of gears, outerworlds, Blair witch, mmc on PC, halo infinite, plus whatever else mircosoft puts out in the next few years is going to be great.

Also the ability to game share and share the Xbox live gold makes it even more worth it.
Yeah, buying 2 years of Live is best bet. Then you have 23 months total for $121 which will last you for a long time. In actuality, you can find Live codes for about $40-45 usually, so it should be even cheaper.

Edit: NVM, Op already sprung for just 1 year.

OP
OP
Merv

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Thats bad still though with who i am with for 1 gig speed you get 6TB of data

It's not bad at all, especially in the US. The only other provider is twice as much now. Also I don't get throttled or charged for going over 1TB and I think I got a single notice about it, so I don't normally go over it. Also I only have a 2TB drive and it's not full after a year

$65 a month for 1gig up and down is pretty good.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass has totally changed my gaming habits. It's a fantastic service and they keep adding more good games than anyone can reasonably play. It's hard to recommend enough.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Game Pass is brilliant, I recently subscribed to it for the first time, it's amazing value.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I bought the $1 game pass on PC right when it was available, despite letting my Xbox Live lapse ages ago. That means it's too late to add any Gold and convert it at this point, right?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game Pass has totally changed my gaming habits. It's a fantastic service and they keep adding more good games than anyone can reasonably play. It's hard to recommend enough.

Depends on the kind of games one likes. I have zero interest in FPS/TPS games, which knocks out like two thirds of the library. Take out the bad games and the old Indies I already own and the pickings are pretty slim.

Still, it was definitely worth trying for a dollar. I'll sign up again for another month next year for the games that are added in the meantime.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
It's not bad at all, especially in the US. The only other provider is twice as much now. Also I don't get throttled or charged for going over 1TB and I think I got a single notice about it, so I don't normally go over it. Also I only have a 2TB drive and it's not full after a year

$65 a month for 1gig up and down is pretty good.
I got Mediacom which gives 1 gig and 6 tb for 69.99 but they aren't as wide spread as other providers

Nov 6, 2017
I bought the $1 game pass on PC right when it was available, despite letting my Xbox Live lapse ages ago. That means it's too late to add any Gold and convert it at this point, right?
You can add gold months to your GPU sub, but the conversion is not good (is not 1 month gold = 1 month GPU). The 'good deal' is only available if you don't have an active GPU sub.