• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I've been using an old dining chair as my PC gaming chair for years and I think my posture is beginning to suffer because if it. So I'm looking to buy a gaming chair to fix that. I would like one that fits my tiny frame, I'm 5'5" and 110 pounds. I also do some simracing if that affects anything.

Any price is fine, I just got a Christmas bonus so I'm in a spending mood. Also are there any things to replace wheeled bases? I have wood floors and I'm concerned that wheeled chairs would scratch them.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Go to a reputable office chair store and let them help you. They should be able to take your considerations into account. Here you are just going to get I have this you should get that too.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Go to your nearest office supply store and grab anything that looks nice and features adjustable lumbar support. Sit in the display for a bit and see if it's comfortable.That should allow you to get one that works best for your height.

Although I'm only 2" taller than you and have never had issues with generic chairs.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah as others have mentioned you want to go to a professional office furniture store. If you have a used office furniture store then that is better. You can get some amazing deals if you dont mind using furniture that was previously used in an office. The important thing to remember especially with Herman miller is that you don't always feel super comfortable (they aren't like sitting on a giant plus couch) but you can feel it pushing you to have good posture which will make you feel better over time.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
User banned (5 days): drive-by trolling, history of similar infractions
Buy a baby's chair

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Take care of your back. Have a look at ergonomic chairs instead. They might not "feel" as comfy at first but in the long run your back will thank you.

Steelcase make some excellent and affordable chairs or you could try finding used Herman Miller chairs too.

OP
OP
FriskyCanuck

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Okay, maybe I'll go to a Staples or something and browse, but are there any chairs without the wheels? I don't want any movement when I'm using my pedal set.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get a Herman Miller. They're expensive, but 10 years from now you'll thank yourself. I'm sure if you have it all the way down you'll be fine.