• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
About 5'7" over here and it really isn't much of an issue. To be honest, it's more of a hindrance at work (there's a good bit of physical labor involved) for me than it is with dating, which I personally think is kind of hilarious.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
5'7"

Never fun buying shirts. They're always too long. It didn't used to be this way.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
5'5" and all beautiful for it. Had shorter gfs/taller gfs, etc. It is what it is and it's not going to change. Also, Uniqlo has been a godsend for nicely fit clothing. xD

5'8'' reporting in. I was the same height as all my friends until high school then everyone gained a couple of inches on me. I'm one of the shortest guys out of my friends group and some times I do wish I was just a inch or two taller. I wish I was a baller ...

Ahhhh, my high school theme song right there.

Last edited:

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is both genes and environmental factors: the genes determine your potential height, the environmental factors determine if you'll get there or not. Your mother probably should've been taller than she ended up being, she likely has the genes for that.
Only seems to be the men on my mums side that are tall. The women are all around 5ft 4.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This won't be a long thread (No pun intended). Just that. I'm short

Random pic for google to represent how feel when i stan with 6 ft person

ezczzPQVwLJFM5vtW3Fct90mvVccQMbhw31rEM_Wuto.png
Short guys are cute! Don't let people get you down. It's like baldness, don't let media get you down! there are plenty of people attracted to it and .. really one of my heroes "Robert Reich" is really short. Awesome guy though :).

New002

Oct 25, 2017
5'5" here. Clothes shopping can be a reeeeeal pain. Uniqlo has been pretty clutch. Aside from that I don't really think about it much except when I need to reach something high up and am reminded @_@. I think when I was younger I dwelled on it more.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 5'4. Probably smallest guy in the class back in highschool.
Still went to be prom king that year lol.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
5'8", my wife is also 5"8.

The funny thing is even if we are back to back, somehow people can't accept the fact that a woman can be 5'8" or a couple can be the same height. Like if she isn't 5'2" she is a giant.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I just to note that I'm 5'8, my fiancee is 5'11 and she still manages to steal my hoodies.

WHY

IS IT JUST THE PLEASURE OF STEALING?

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I'm 5'5 and never really notice tall people as tall unless they are super tall (above 6'6). Don't think I even knew I was short until the end of high school or soon thereafter. Obviously dating has brought this to my attention on more than one occasion. I had someone who I was communicating with for about a week and as we were setting up a date she asked "are you really 5'5?" and that was that.

bonus: fitting into any sports car is not hard especially older models. easier to walk around heritage homes from the late 1800's. They are tight. Another guilty pleasure is getting my height measured every year I go to my checkup. No changes just like to make them do it.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Shave your head, grow a beard, and get shredded at the gym.

Oh sorry, wrong thread. 😜

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
At 5'10" (thought I was 5'9" for years, but apparently my doctor thinks I'm 5'10", not sure if my posture improved after hitting the gym or something) I'm not really short, especially by Asian standards, but I'm kind of jealous of my nephews, one of whom has already soared several inches higher than me, and the other one who was about my same height the last time I saw him, and still has several years left to grow. I am among the tallest and youngest in my generation of the family, but it looks like the next generation is all going to pass me.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I appreciate you trying to find a new mom for your 14 kids but random hookups aren't the way to go.
There's only so much I can do during social distancing, luce. What? Are you expecting me to actually date, talk, get to know and fall in love for this person before I let them into my house? Pffft!

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 5' 6.9" so yes I round up to 5'7" on dating sites. The sadder part is that my brothers and sister got my dad genes. They're all like 6ft 😢

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, when you feel bad remember this:

Zuckerberg, Daniel Racclifle, Tom Cruise, Don Cheadle, Ben Stiller, Dave Franco, Satoru Iwata, RDJ, Tom Holland, and Zac Effron aren´t tall at all.

Is hard but is possible.

being RICH is the only antitode for being short? Yeah I feel so much better now. I hate myself 1% less!

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Height has never been an issue in my life, but it has always mystified me why people make such a big deal over something none of us have any control over.

Never understood why it matters so much in dating either.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Height has never been an issue in my life, but it has always mystified me why people make such a big deal over something none of us have any control over.

Never understood why it matters so much in dating either.

Because other people make a big deal out of it, so we make a big deal out of it.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I'm around 5'8" on a good day but my weirdly proportioned body has always made me look shorter than I am. I try not to let it get to me, I'm ugly as hell anyway lol

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, being short fucking sucks. lol. I like to say I'm 5'8, but realistically it's 5'7 and it's just... ugh. And I'm ugly and skinny, too. It's like a triple whammy. 🤣

Only plus side as far as I can see is that I still have a full head of hair.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I'm 5ft7 and it's never been an issue for me. Except when i am cooking, I have to call my partner to get me some stuffs that are out of reach in my kitchen cabinet

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I'm just under 5'7". From being on various forms of public transportation and from riding in the backs of cars, I've come to somewhat appreciate my medium stature.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
5'7" club.

I had a girlfriend that was significantly taller than me for awhile. That was a good lesson for me: Anyone who cared about my height wasn't worth dating. It's not a curse, it's a screening mechanism!

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 5'9" but I've never had any issues dating or finding someone based on height. It feels average but I wish I was like 6 or 6'2

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm 5'6". It never was an issue for me, or maybe I don't think about it too much.
I'm more worried about bulking up enough and hitting the gym as soon as it's safely possible.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
At least your short folks don't have trouble getting in to people's cars or being cramped in to economy flights or have trouble looking for the right size pants or jacket or shoes in the right size.

Being tall isn't everything either.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Is it even worth rounding when you'll still be filtered out of most searches. It sucks.
I put my real height of 5'6" and have had plenty of success on dating sites

If someone wants to automatically not look at anyone under 5'10" why in the fuck would I want want to bother with them? It goes both ways. Be confident in who you are. You are worth it.