• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I'm kind of actually serious though. I realize this is wrong and bad take and whatever but this is all that my heart wants.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
iCWOGrq.gif

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Nostalgias a hell of a drug

there's more to food than simply inherent taste when you allow for the many other aspects that makes food taste good to us

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This makes me miss Sweet Tomatoes again... on a good day (when it's not too watered-down), their mac and cheese was one of my favorites. I ALWAYS had to get a small dish of it.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly don't understand how you can be even kinda serious about that. Like, even if mac and cheese is your favorite food, surely you've had it homemade or in a restaurant where the quality is way superior.

Also, it's called Kraft Dinner goddammit

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
You've really got to explain yourself, OP. Like I don't care if you feel this to be true, but at least list what other Mac and cheese you've had so we can gauge how sad to be for you. Like have you ever had grocery store cafeteria Mac? Fast food Mac? Home cooked Mac, baked in the oven? Applebee's or something like one of those places' 3 cheese Mac?

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
OP, you can admit to us if you've fallen on hard times and have to astroturf for Kraft. it's ok. We'll get through this

OP
OP
Robin

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't understand how you can be even kinda serious about that. Like, even if mac and cheese is your favorite food, surely you've had it homemade or in a restaurant where the quality is way superior.

Also, it's called Kraft Dinner goddammit

I'd call it Kraft Dinner but then people would just call me a phony. I like the name Kraft Dinner more too but if I said that to another American they'd look at me like a freak.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It's disgusting. I've always hated it. My aunt forced me to eat it when I was about 7, convinced that I was lying about not liking it. I forced it all down and puked it all back up. My parents were a bit mad at her forcing it on me.

Because of hating Kraft, I thought all mac & cheese was bad until I had some I was too hungry to refuse (in basic training). Turns out, it's just that Kraft shit that's shit.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My 12yr old daughter agrees with you. 100%

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It can be nice sometimes. Add some bacon or decent sausage and some fresh green onion.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I'd call it Kraft Dinner but then people would just call me a phony. I like the name Kraft Dinner more too but if I said that to another American they'd look at me like a freak.

It's time to become a trendsetter, OP. Spread the good word to the American hordes.

It's disgusting. I've always hated it. My aunt forced me to eat it when I was about 7, convinced that I was lying about not liking it. I forced it all down and puked it all back up. My parents were a bit mad at her forcing it on me.

Because of hating Kraft, I thought all mac & cheese was bad until I had some I was too hungry to refuse (in basic training). Turns out, it's just that Kraft shit that's shit.

Yeah, I don't really like it either. I hate most fake cheese in general, though.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is going to be one of those threads where the OP makes an innocuous, semi-joking statement and gets dogpiled.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I mean Kraft Mac and Cheese is better than the "real" Mac and Cheese, I'll agree with you there. It's basically an entirely different food, though. Though when I make it I use Half & Half as the liquid instead of milk, and I do more than most people. "Real" Mac & Cheese is too gooey and doesn't taste as good. Give me that smooth half-soup consistency.

That said, best FOOD? That's... a bit much.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
OP I think it's dope your favorite food is easily accessible and easy to prepare. I wish my culinary happiness was as easy.

Oct 29, 2017
Get yourself some good Cajun shrimp n' grits and then come back and apologize for insulting the actual best food, OP.

Or some legit curry, even.

A box of Kraft Mac is delicious, it's true.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's great, way better than "real" mac and cheese from a restaurant. The only other macaroni and cheese I like is Boston Market's.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Since moving to Minnesota, nothing touches Ms. Gerry's Macaroni and Cheese for me. We cook it in the oven and add seasoning, breadcrumbs and bacon. For something that comes pre-made in a bag, it just can't be beat.

OP
OP
Robin

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Spend the extra $0.25 and get yourself a box of Annies. You're worth it.

I love Annie's White Cheddar and Shells. It's definitely in the rotation. I love just about every macaroni mentioned here, macaroni and cheese is great in general. I never stop yearning for Kraft though. I can get sick of it like anything else, but I can go back to / desire Kraft quicker than any else.

Although, I'm just going to say it, I think baked macaroni and cheese is kinda overrated.

The best Mac & Cheeses all have a creamy sauce, I'm not really all about the super hearty, stringy, greasy, baked mac and cheese. I mean, it's good shit, but my favorite ""fancy"" mac and cheese is a locale BBQ places, looks like this:

bears-mac-and-cheese.jpg