• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I have to say after Rauner, Pritzker has been amazing!

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I have to say after Rauner, Pritzker has been amazing!
It's like night and day.

To date, we have or are about to pass

-$15 min. wage
-$40,000 a year salary for starting teachers
-Legalized Pot
-Progressive Tax on the rich
and now this.

And it doesn't stop there, he wants to get a public option here for Illinoisians and pass more green energy bills.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's like night and day.

-$15 min. wage
-Legalized Pot
and now this.

And it doesn't stop there, he wants to get a public option here for Illinoisians and pass more green energy bills.

That blue wave has been aces. It's the first time in my life living here that I'm confident in the current leadership.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really happy for women in Illinois. They shouldn't have to worry about their healthcare.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's like night and day.

-$15 min. wage
-Legalized Pot
and now this.

Man, must be nice. Jealous over here in TX.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That blue wave has been aces. It's the first time in my life living here that I'm confident in the current leadership.
Yeah, the GOP pretty much California'd themselves in Illinois backing Trump and having Rauner at the top. Now they have to double down on a toxic mix of rural conservatism and boring rich blowhards.

Not a great combo.
Man, must be nice. Jealous over here in TX.
Yep, for the first time like void I actually think we have a great governor.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to go back to Illinois, the newly elected leaders at the city and state levels have been doing a very good job of turning the ship around

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the title, I thought they had misspelled fundamental in the bill and that it was gonna be ineffective or something.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe how fast they got the cannabis legalization. What 4 days!

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Between this, the minimum wage increase, and the Marijuana legalization, I've been pretty happy with how things have been going around here. Considering how at the federal level this country has been a dumpster fire for the last three years, It's nice that at least at the state level there has been some reason to cheer. Hopefully we can keep this up and try to at least put a good dent into the pension debt within the next decade.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy to be able to have so many things to brag about in Illinois for once. Illinois has been a laughing stock, with crazy population loss, for years and years now.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
As someone who moved from Chicago to Austin a few years back, these moves are making me miss my hometown (despite the crazy taxes and weather)

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Between this, the minimum wage increase, and the Marijuana legalization, I've been pretty happy with how things have been going around here. Considering how at the federal level this country has been a dumpster fire for the last three years, It's nice that at least at the state level there has been some reason to cheer. Hopefully we can keep this up and try to at least put a good dent into the pension debt within the next decade.

If we can get these elections going well in VA this year, I think this is finally our chance at some legal herb.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they can do something about the cops there, that would be the best, but this is a good start.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wow it's almost like that's the precedent of the country decades ago and conservatives are backwards craving fucks

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
It's like night and day.

-$15 min. wage
-Legalized Pot
and now this.

God that's awesome! Makes me a little envious, I can only look at NJ dems with disappointment.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to move back there this year, but it didn't work out. I'm glad things turned around. I'm proud of my home state. Don't lump Illinois with pieces of shit mid-west states like Missouri.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
It's like night and day.

-$15 min. wage
-Legalized Pot
and now this.

Pretty impressive job they have done already. I'm voting against that tax refereduem though I don't trust them to keep the rates proposed on it.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
And that is the thing I'm worried about with all these moves.
Very much a huge issue I fear he'll be unable to make any inroads on, unfortunately.

But fuck yeah, Illinois! It's been a great few weeks from a legislative point of view.

Not a fan of the progressive tax though. Flat income tax was one of the few advantages IL. Hopefully it doesn't impact investment though.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Good on Illinois and good for the women of the state.

Sad to think of the chances of this happening at the federal level.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very much a huge issue I fear he'll be unable to make any inroads on, unfortunately.

But fuck yeah, Illinois! It's been a great few weeks from a legislative point of view.

Not a fan of the progressive tax though. Flat income tax was one of the few advantages IL. Hopefully it doesn't impact investment though.
I feel like we can work on the debt and maybe the pension, especially if we can pass the progressive tax initiative.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): History of infractions for misogyny and inflammatory commentary surrounding abortion.
20 motherfuckers literally said abortion is not a fundamental right
It is murder, after all. Murdering defenseless human beings is not a fundamental right. The right to not be murdered, however is a fundamental right.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
It is murder, after all. Murdering defenseless human beings is not a fundamental right. The right to not be murdered, however is a fundamental right.
Having the right of autonomy with regards to your body should be a fundamental right.

I don't think anybody is celebrating abortion and I honestly believe most people here are not exactly fans of abortion. But this is a victory to women retaining the right to make decisions regarding their body.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Proud to live in my state right about now. Let's get that public option rolling next. I think something needs to be done about the very high taxes in Illinois as well. For lower income people, it's difficult.