• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to have to happen in every state eventually I feel.

Update: Lockdown confirmed until April 7th, you can still go to the grocery store, or pick of medicine and all of that during the lock down.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker today issued a "stay at home" order for the entire state starting Saturday at 5 p.m. through April 7.
Coronavirus in Illinois updates: Here's what we know today »
Residents can still go to the grocery stores, put gas in their cars, take walks outside and make pharmacy runs, the governor said at a Friday afternoon news conference. All local roads, including the interstate highways and tollways, will remain open to traffic, as well.

"For the vast majority of you already taking precautions, your lives will not change very much," Pritzker said of the shelter-in-place directive.
The reopening date for schools statewide has been tentatively postponed until April 8, Pritzker said. It had been the end of March. He urged patience in the fast-evolving health crisis.

www.chicagotribune.com

Gov. J.B. Pritzker issues order requiring residents to ‘stay at home’ starting Saturday

Gov. J.B. Pritzker has issued a “stay-at-home” order for the entire state starting at 5 p.m. Saturday through at least April 7, marking Illinois’ most aggressive step yet to try t…

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this include Chicago-O'Hare airport? I would assume it's exempt for travelers.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I have to move from Chicago to Detroit this weekend. From what the article says I should be fine, but damn.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someday we'll find out what's taking WA so damn long.

I just hope it's a really good reason.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Knew it was coming we have been self isolating for a week now. We are about to go to the store and then sit our asses at home.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this will make it illegal and you could be punished if you had a business that required field workers to be out in buildings and you remained open?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Welp, it's for the better but i'm really stressing about what my job is going to do with our payroll. Stressful times.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Inslee needs to hurry the fuck up and lock down Washington already. We still has nearly half of the total deaths in the entire US.

He was ahead of the curve on ordering other closures and social distancing, but what the fuck is he waiting for now?

Last edited:

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really, really hope this leads to the library I work in closing to the public. I've been a nervous wreck and having stress-dreams all week about work.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I work for a critical utility and everyone is getting exemption forms right now to show police if needed. Crazy.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
My company got the news this morning and had to lay everyone off. Tough times ahead for sure.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
My math is probably off a bit but looks like another 160 confirmed cases, 1 dead since yesterday. One estimate puts us in IL at 3400 infected in 7 days.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Up to April 7. So around two and half weeks.

As someone living in Evanston, this has been surreal to go through.

Same here. I've been in Evanston for 4 years and it's been odd as hell seeing minimal foot and car traffic on my walks home from work in the afternoons. It's just so damn hard to figure out when this may finally blow over and my kid can get back to school.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It's odd they're calling it a "shelter in place" when it doesn't seem to be treated like one. It's more like a lockdown similar to CA. Shelter in place would mean you don't leave your house outside of absolute necessities.

Last edited:

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up getting extended for a longer time tbh.

Glad were doing this at least. It's necessary with the way things are currently going.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So...what constitutes an "essential business?"

While this is for San Francisco, and we don't have an exact list for Illinois, the list will likely be similar.

The shelter-in-place order that San Francisco adopted has fairly large exemptions for health, work, food and even exercise.
There, city officials ordered residents to remain in place at their homes except for essential activities, essential business and essential government functions, including:
  • Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor.
  • Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and supplies necessary for staying at home.
  • Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running provided that they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing.
  • Caring for a family member in another household.
  • Caring for elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable persons.
The shelter-in-place order also does not apply to those going to work in an essential business or essential government function. That includes:
  • Health care operations, including home health workers.
  • Essential Infrastructure, including construction of housing and operation of public transportation and utilities.
  • Grocery stores, farmers' markets, food banks, convenience stores.
  • Businesses that provide necessities of life for economically disadvantaged individuals and shelter facilities.
  • Pharmacies, health care supply stores and health care facilities.
  • Gas stations and auto repair facilities.
  • Banks.
  • Garbage collection.
  • Hardware stores, plumbers, electricians and other service providers necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operation of residences and other essential businesses.
  • Educational institutions, for the purposes of facilitating distance learning.
  • Laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry service providers.
  • Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food and goods directly to residences.
  • Child care facilities providing services that enable essential employees to go to work.
  • Roles required for any essential business to "maintain basic operations," which include security, payroll and similar activities.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I work in a small family owned pharmacy and the owner just gave a us a letter and a copy of our pharmacy technician license. No idea what else we would need.
That's basically what we have. A letter from CEO stating we're a critical infrastructure sector, and a few other things in case a cop wants to double check it against our badges, etc.