• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017

Working with @nakamura193 has been a dream come true! We're making something amazing together and we can't wait to share it with you.

It is my first time to eat a British snack. Thoses must probably be a British aristocracy OYATSU ! Thank you. @KaizenGameWorks Working with them has taught me a lot about the importance of going back to the basics.😊🥳

As a huge fan of Paradise Killer, and a big fan of Nakamura's general vibe, this is pretty exciting news!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

Paradise Killer was a legit GOTY contender last year and Kaizen are really good people! This is exciting!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for her to actually do something meaningful since leaving Tango. Hopefully this can shine.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I wish more people played Paradise Killer. That game legit deserved GOTY praise last year and was largely ignored. I've tried to get other people to play it but I've had a tough go of it.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's a really good fit. I liked the style of Paradise Killer but some of those character designs were kinda too weird and all over the place. I feel like Nakamura could really make them shine.

I also hope this means they've got a lot more of a budget for this next game.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck to the yes, Paradise Killer is wicked. What an awesome combo.

I'm still waiting for her to actually do something meaningful since leaving Tango. Hopefully this can shine.

Nothing entitled, I just want her to personally impress me.

laughing-to.gif

These comments are a bit... weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Something tangible that impresses me.

Nothing entitled about it.

"Something tangible that impresses ME. I am gonna disregard the fact that she has worked in the industry for close to two decades and has worked on games like Okami, Bayonetta, and both Evil Within games because what the fuck are those games. Nothing entitled AT ALL about it."

This is what you sound like.

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling; Driving Thread Derail
Would it be less weird if I said that I really enjoy her content and can't wait for her to do something I like again after a long absence due to childbirth and burnout at Tango?

Weird thing to bring up. So, them being a woman and a new mother is a factor into a developer's worth or state of mind?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing to bring up. So, them being a woman and a new mother is a factor into a developer's worth or state of mind?
What the fuck is wrong with you? Her being absent is because she was pregnant. Her leaving Tango was because of burnout before that.

The stress of developer-publisher politics and the publisher's ultimate control over Ghostwire: Tokyo left her unable to sleep and struggling with daily nightmares.

The fact that you somehow tried to twits what I said into some weird form of misogyny is very normal and sane of you.

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with you? Her being absent is because she was pregnant. Her leaving Tango was because of burnout before that.

The fact that you somehow tried to twits what I said into some weird form of misogyny is very normal and sane of you.

1. The burnout was also brought on by working like this at Capcom and Platinum. She has been in the business since 2004, so I think it would be natural to feel burnout from what I can only imagine would be a decade-and-a-half of crunch and dealing with those dev-pub politics. I also don't think an extended break would affect her creative quality or talent.

2. The childbirth was a weird thing to bring up and it is a constant thing that has proven to be a factor in women not getting jobs, promotions, or general respect in the workplace.

Edit: Apology retracted, you said something stupid and I called you out for it.

Last edited:

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be less weird if I said that I really enjoy her content and can't wait for her to do something I like again after a long absence due to childbirth and burnout at Tango?

Yes, but still weird bringing up childbirth. You might not mean anything by it, but it's still an odd choice and I'd recommend probably dropping it. "Childbirth" is particularly an odd choice, seeing as that's just one moment in both family members' lives. She had a kid, she also must focus on raising said kid. Better way of putting it, "caring for her family."

The fact is that the original comment had some amount of disrespect. Ya know, take on a more supporting role.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see a pic with Hula Hoops on the tip of every finger.

Hoops-theyre-on-screen-again.jpg

Last edited:

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I love Paradise Killer, and adding Nakamura's style sensibilities seems like a fantastic combo. Very excited to see what happens here!

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
They didn't give her Beef or Cheese & Onion Hula Hoops? What gives.

She's done good work I loved the background art of Okami and she has a promising career I can't wait to see what she gives us.
I was hopeful for Ghostwire under her direction but not at the expense of her health bless her.

Oct 25, 2017

She's done good work I loved the background art of Okami and she has a promising career I can't wait to see what she gives us.
I was hopeful for Ghostwire under her direction but not at the expense of her health bless her.

Are Hula Hoops like some UK Funyuns or something?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

It's a six pack; 2 x Salt & Vinegar, 2 x Ready Salted, 2 x Cheese & Onion.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, too many people in this site can't help themselves but derail discussions.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I saw this earlier this morning and got pretty excited. I'm sure whatever they cook up will be deliciously weird and charming, but personally I hope they take another stab at the world they built with Paradise Killer. You could leverage that aesthetic and worldbuilding groundwork into so many other genres and make something amazing.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but still weird bringing up childbirth. You might not mean anything by it, but it's still an odd choice and I'd recommend probably dropping it. "Childbirth" is particularly an odd choice, seeing as that's just one moment in both family members' lives. She had a kid, she also must focus on raising said kid. Better way of putting it, "caring for her family."

The fact is that the original comment had some amount of disrespect. Ya know, take on a more supporting role.

They brought up pregnancy/childbirth to partially explain the time gap, clearly. She even explained her absence last year was due to it (5 weeks after the fact.) It's weirder to assert it's "just one moment in both family member's lives" as if it's not a major physical event that often has lasting impact. Especially for first-time mothers, you know how common perineal tearing is? Post-childbirth surgery? Some real disingenous nonense in here, there was nothing wrong with Mifec's post taking her kid into account y'all are reaching hard.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
They brought up pregnancy/childbirth to partially explain the time gap, clearly. She even explained her absence last year was due to it (5 weeks after the fact.) It's weirder to assert it's "just one moment in both family member's lives" as if it's not a major physical event that often has lasting impact. Especially for first-time mothers, you know how common perineal tearing is? Post-childbirth surgery? Some real disingenous nonense in here, there was nothing wrong with Mifec's post taking her kid into account y'all are reaching hard.

Thanks for sharing that tweet. The rest is just gymnastics.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused I thought Nakamura had her own studio now?