• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I'm one of those weirdos who prefers SM1 over SM2, and a big part of that is Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin.
That's totally fair, Dafoe is absolutely legendary in that role...I just know that for myself, Spider-Man 2 has the one two punch of Alfred Molina's Dock Ock, and Aunty May's monologue about heroism that always gets me like;
ITEQE.gif

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I didn't like the last battle of Into the Spiderverse
Almost a perfect movie.

My list is not in order, but:
Winter soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman 2
Civil war
The dark knight
Man of Steel
Iron Man
Spiderman
Infinity War
Ragnarok

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey at least those garbage early Spider-Man films aren't on the list.

that I agree on.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Respect for including Superman. The first half of that movie is gorgeous.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I would probably swap out Ragnarok with Days of Future Past but other than that, pretty solid list

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
the only MCU film that ever made me feel things was m'baku as portrayed by michael jordan kicking the shit out of a sweaty wet panting chadwick boseman

i think there were some other scenes in that too but i don't recall atm

dreadful list

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
All this love for Spiderverse and Spider-man 2 in this thread, but no love for the MCU Spider flicks huh? While I like Spiderverse and SM2, I think Homecoming and Far From Home are quite a bit better despite relying too heavily on Tony Stark shit.

Mine would be this

The Dark Knight
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Deadpool
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Batman (1989)

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Not horrible. I'd probably put Spider Man 2 and Guardians in the list. Up Ragnorak. Drop Endgame out and Spiderverse a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Verse is so good it makes Spider-Man 2 look like The Amazing Spider-Man 2
I'm not a fan of Phil and Lord's approach to filmmaking. Everything they've made feels like it was written after they chugged 20 cups of coffee. Just so fast paced, no time to breathe. It's not exhilarating, it's exhausting. Raimi balances humor and drama a lot better for my money.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Eh. TDK is one of the most overrated blockbusters ever released, and I can't wrap my head around the blandfest of Infinity War being on a top 10.

Good to see Spider-Verse high up on the list, though.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Logan
2. Spider-man 2
3. Batman Begins
4. X-Men Days of Future Past
5. Infinity War
6. The Dark Knight
7. Thor Ragnarok
8. Iron Man 3
9. X2
10. Batman (1989)

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never saw Dark Knight and Logan but winter soldier and avengers in front o spider-man 2 is a bad taste joke.

Oct 27, 2017
That's wack, horrible list, boo, I mean come on, Guardians not making top ten is insane, let me tell you the correct ranking because my opinion is correcter than theirs, I'll start with number ten, and tha

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This is not my list, but only a list of the top 10 superhero films by their average rating from Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 8.74
The Dark Knight - 8.58
Spider-Man 2 - 8.3
Black Panther - 8.26
Avengers: Endgame - 8.24
Avengers - 8.05
Superman - 8.05
The Dark Knight Rises - 7.98
Logan - 7.89
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7.77

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
This is not my list, but only a list of the top 10 superhero films by their average rating from Rotten Tomatoes

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 8.74
The Dark Knight - 8.58
Spider-Man 2 - 8.3
Black Panther - 8.26
Avengers: Endgame - 8.24
Avengers - 8.05
Superman - 8.05
The Dark Knight Rises - 7.98
Logan - 7.89
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7.77
I think this is a pretty good list

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we have Into the Spider-verse so people can stop acting like Spider-Man 2 is a masterpiece.

Spider-Man 2 has a lot going for it, but yeah, Into the Spider-Verse is definitely the stronger film overall IMO.

I'm one of those weirdos who prefers SM1 over SM2, and a big part of that is Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin.

I might agree with this too. I know in my heart that SM2 is the stronger film probably, but there's just a certain fun factor with SM1.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Blurgh at IGN including The Avengers. That movie is mediocre as fuck.

I don't know about a top 10 but my top 5 would probably be:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
3. Superman (1978)
4. Batman Begins
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Good list, although I'd at least put Infinity War above Endgame. Infinity War is some of the most fun I've ever had in a theater and supremely well paced, while Endgame drags at bits with some iffy plot choices and a clusterfuck of a final battle.

I personally wasn't quite as hot on Logan as most (I found the third act weak) but it's a solid film and I get why it's so well regarded.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Black Panther
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. The Dark Knight
  5. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse
  6. Logan
  7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Thor: Ragnarok
  9. X-Men: Days of Future Past
  10. Captain America: Civil War

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I think Dark Knight is incredibly overrated but other than that I can't really argue with the rest of the list, though I'd still switch around some of the placements.