• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
www.ign.com

IGN's Game of the Year 2020 - IGN

Our pick for the very best game of 2020.

Whether we were gathering cherry blossoms and catching bugs or frantically trying to escape the depths of the underworld, 2020 kicked off the new decade with some truly exceptional gaming experiences.

From massive years-in-the-making epics to surprising indie hits, these are our nominations for the best game of 2020.

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Cyberpunk 2077 (PC version only)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Hades
Half-Life Alyx
The Last of Us Part 2
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Microsoft Flight Simulator

No winner yet and I can't see when it's going to be announced but each game has a mini-blurb.

It's definitely a lot more AAA focused than quite a few of the previous lists that have been going around (I feel the intro implying variety from small games to large ones is a little disingenuous considering the only indie they included was one of the most anticipated from a well-established studio), and includes many of the most popular games that some here have been unhappy weren't included or placed higher elsewhere.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Hilarious that Cyberpunk needs a disclaimer, lol.

Glad to see Flight Sim up there, but bummer there's no Ori.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Great list! I'd sub out Persona 5/Demon's Souls for Cyberpunk though, even the PC version.

Boy, the message it would send if Cyberpunk won GOTY... LOL.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly think that's a solid list. Yeah sure they left off some more niche games but I mean, IGN is a more mainstream site.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
PC version only for Cyberpunk hahaha, the whole package includes console versions I'm afraid IGN.

Next we'll see (PS5 version) etc.

Also.. Flight Sim over Ori/Demon's Souls/13 Sentinels?

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's weird that Persona 5 Royal doesn't make to the list when they gave it perfect score (and it's on best RPGs list so it definitely counts for IGN)

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's cool guys it's the PC version of Cyberpunk, absolutely no issues with that version. Completely bug free and runs like a dream.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing happened in 2011 when skyrim actually won a bunch of goty awards with the disclaimer it excluded the ps3 version for how broken it was.
Except that the PC version of Cyberpunk is buggier than even Skyrim PS3 was. Doesn't matter that it runs and looks better than the last gen console versions do.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls was robbed...

Wait, no Ori or 13 Sentinels, but Cyberpunk is in? With all the shit in and around it?
Get the f* outta here IGN.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
IGN continuing to hedge for all the Cyberpunk stans. Gotta make sure you're ready to follow the wind wherever it blows.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Pretty solid list. I've played every single one of those and yeah, they're all awesome.

I think my girl Ellie's got this one though.

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's weird that Persona 5 Royal doesn't make to the list when they gave it perfect score (and it's on best RPGs list so it definitely counts for IGN)
Its probably being held back by many lists for being an enhanced version of P5 (and so probably already had several accolades in its time). That said though, if Cyberpunk in its current state can get a listing then several already mentioned games here like P5R more than deserve to be in the list.

Last edited: