• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh even more third-parties making use and excited for DualSense. This trend is awesome.

giphy.gif

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I was interested in the game when I first saw it, but I dont really expect it to do well. Best case scenario it gets decent sales from being boosted by the new consoles (even though its hardly a graphical showcase).

Still, I'm looking forward to the game because it looks fun, and I really dig the way it looks like an old sega game visually. Hopefully the game didnt cost that much to make and can sell enough to justify its creation to SquareEnix.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed of how much i'm interested in this game, even if I'm not a 3d plattaformer guy.

Remind me a lot of the marketing for rodea the sky soldier( i know it was him too).

User name check out.
Hey, I'm hoping for the best for it but the gimmick isn't anything special, the control looks stiff and the little we've seen of level design looks unremarkable.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
I'll likely end up playing this, but I can't help but agree with those who have said it looks really unpolished so far. Hoping it turns out alright.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Sonic and Nights, colored me interested. I may not pick it up day one, but maybe during a sale.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really excited for this one. My daughter and I just played Super Mario 64 and she adores the trailer for Balan Wonderworld, especially since the protagonist is a girl (one of her complaints about Super Mario 64 was not being able to play as Peach)

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm interested if it reviews well but MAN the Switch version footage looked rough as hell performance wise.

And even outside of that the PC looked like they moved infuriatingly slowly in what I assumed was the hub area.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like what I see of Balan. Just hope music turns out to be more Sega-ich

Also, It would be nice to have some Jester custome that give you the ability of fly...

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg.

This game looks like he wasted his chance.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
More seriously, Yuji Naka has a troubled history with 3D Platformers - have y'all played Billy Hatcher recently? - but the Wii version of Rodea is actually fantastic, so I'll still probably play this. Here's hoping it's good!

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want to be interested in this game but the animations just seem... so fucking bad. I don't know if I can watch those kids running around with those run animations for hours.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
More seriously, Yuji Naka has a troubled history with 3D Platformers - have y'all played Billy Hatcher recently? - but the Wii version of Rodea is actually fantastic, so I'll still probably play this. Here's hoping it's good!
Billy Hatcher is great and this is basically a spiritual successor to that (with a NIGHTs aesthetic), so I'm all for this.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I think the character art style of kind of bad, but the gameplay looks cool. Plus, it's good to support projects like this if we want to see more.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Should rename the game to Last Legend. Instant success.

Seriously it has some elements that is fitting for the Square Enix brand without being an rpg. They should clean up the models of the two main protagonists.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
Ill buy it, because I like platform's, and can appreciate some of the touches Naka makes.

But I will say the man has a bit of an ego problem and its annoying.

Oct 26, 2017
I will for sure buy it but the game looks really unpolished so far. I hope they can fix it up before release and it comes together nicely.

it doesn't come across as a game that'll set anyone's world on fire but I hope I'm wrong
Being made for like 6 platforms was not the wisest of ideas. Arzest never made a multiplat in the decade of their existence. Why SE and Yuji Naka didn't think to make this their next Switch exclusive after Octopath, with Arzest having worked squarely (heh) with Nintendo throughout said decade, is a wonder (heh) that will never be explained I'd bet. This began not long after Octopath came out and was a hit, and they're making Bravely Default 2 as an exclusive again, so why?

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
You know, its funny that Naka says he couldn't make an RPG. He was utterly obsessed with RPGs in the early 2000s. He almost made Sonic to an RPG for Adventure.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I implore you to play Billy Hatcher again in the modern day, it has not aged well.
I played it just a few years ago. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece of 3D platformers (it's definitely unpolished in several aspects) but it's still a good time. It's one of those games that just flows once you get the mechanics down.

It has that Sonic Heroes/Super Mario Sunshine kind of janky fun, and I'm all for that.

Pido

Oct 30, 2017
The concept looks good, but isn't this being developed by a quite average developer? Can't remember their name.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
It reminds me of a SquareSoft title so I'm interested in it and any non FF/DQ related effort the company tries. I love those franchises but need a break from it. I'll follow it but might not be there day one, not into platformers usually either but there seems to be some pedigree behind it judging by all the reactions to this game. (no idea who this guy is personally)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me of a SquareSoft title so I'm interested in it and any non FF/DQ related effort the company tries. I love those franchises but need a break from it. I'll follow it but might not be there day one, not into platformers usually either but there seems to be some pedigree behind it judging by all the reactions to this game. (no idea who this guy is personally)
Yuji Naka is the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It looks unpolished with them aiming for quantity of gameplay ideas over quality

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
On the one hand I wanna buy this to support what is a passion project and a chance to get more platformers. On the other hand I don't think I've liked any of the games I've played from Yuji Naka lol.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the game does well, but so far I'm not really interested in it yet. Won't be day 1 purchase.