• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
How is prime 4 vanished? Nintendo has never been more transparent about a game. It was restarted over a year ago.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pointless video. Pretty much every games is just "yeah it was delayed these times and I guess they're still working on it".

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
The 14 games in the video-

In the Valley of the Gods
Witchfire
Metroid Prime 4
Skull & Bones
System Shock 3
Red Ash: The Indelible Legend
Wild
Dead Island 2
Deep Down
Star Citizen
Hellraid
Routine
Agent
Beyond Good and Evil 2

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Ray's The Dead is another one for me. It was E3 2013 when they had the big indie stage all playing at once, and it was among them. It's definitely still ongoing, they provide updates on the game and I think it's currently in alpha as of a recent Kickstarter update.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
List of games:

In the Valley of Gods - 2 years, 4 months, 14 days since announcement; currently on hold

Witchfire - 2 years, 4 months, 14 days since announcement; currently in development

Metroid Prime 4 - 2 years, 10 months, 9 days since announcemetn; currently in development

Skull & Bones - 2 years, 10 months, 10 days since announcement; currently in development

System Shock 3 - 4 years, 4 months, 8 days since announcement; currently in development

Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - 4 years, 9 months, 20 days since announcement; currently in development hell

WiLD - 5 years, 8 months, 10 days since announcement; currently in development

Dead Island 2 - 5 years, 10 months, 12 days since announcement; currently in development

Deep Down - 7 years, 2 months, 1 day since announcement; currently on hold

Star Citizen - 7 years, 6 months, 12 days since announcement; currently (perpetually) in development

Hellraid - 7 years, 7 months, 26 days since announcement; currently on hold

Routine - 7 years, 8 months, 8 days since announcement; currently in development hell

Agent - 10 years, 10 months, 20 days since announcement; currently in development hell

Beyond Good & Evil 2 - 11 years, 10 months, 25 days since announcement; currently in development

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i dunno a lot of those are still "on the radar" despite their fate being questionable

witchfire sticks out though i feel we should be seeing more of it tangibly 'finished' by now

Jan 11, 2018
Whatever Retro was working on from 2014-2019 has seemingly vanished.

In order to vanish it would have to have been seen in the first place.
They missed Bayonetta 3

Yeah, pretty glaring omission. Two and a half years after announcement and we have nothing.

How is prime 4 vanished? Nintendo has never been more transparent about a game. It was restarted over a year ago.

I mean, it still vanished. But they told us it was going to vanish so I'm not sure why we should be surprised.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
List of games:

In the Valley of Gods - 2 years, 4 months, 14 days since announcement; currently on hold

Witchfire - 2 years, 4 months, 14 days since announcement; currently in development

Metroid Prime 4 - 2 years, 10 months, 9 days since announcemetn; currently in development

Skull & Bones - 2 years, 10 months, 10 days since announcement; currently in development

System Shock 3 - 4 years, 4 months, 8 days since announcement; currently in development

Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - 4 years, 9 months, 20 days since announcement; currently in development hell

WiLD - 5 years, 8 months, 10 days since announcement; currently in development

Dead Island 2 - 5 years, 10 months, 12 days since announcement; currently in development

Deep Down - 7 years, 2 months, 1 day since announcement; currently on hold

Star Citizen - 7 years, 6 months, 12 days since announcement; currently (perpetually) in development

Hellraid - 7 years, 7 months, 26 days since announcement; currently on hold

Routine - 7 years, 8 months, 8 days since announcement; currently in development hell

Agent - 10 years, 10 months, 20 days since announcement; currently in development hell

Beyond Good & Evil 2 - 11 years, 10 months, 25 days since announcement; currently in development
That's not exactly right about prime 4 because the game was officially announced as fully restarted last January.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In order to vanish it would have to have been seen in the first place.

Yeah, pretty glaring omission. Two and a half years after announcement and we have nothing.

I mean, it still vanished. But they told us it was going to vanish so I'm not sure why we should be surprised.
Well, Retro must have been working on something. It's not like they took a 4 year vacation.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
I always remember Routine. A cool hardcore horror game.

Can anyone tell what. the. hell. happened?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The 14 games in the video-

In the Valley of the Gods
Witchfire
Metroid Prime 4
Skull & Bones
System Shock 3
Red Ash: The Indelible Legend
Wild
Dead Island 2
Deep Down
Star Citizen
Hellraid
Routine
Agent
Beyond Good and Evil 2

What? Witch fire and Star Citizen have regular-ish updates posted about them.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
BG&E 2 went from a sequel to the first game to a live-service experience that seemingly has nothing to do with the first game at all (I think they said it's a prequel?). I went from excited to having zero interest in it during that time.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Bayonetta 3 vanished so hard it didn't even made the cut for the video

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Me when Age of Empires IV could have been on this list last year and realizing it no longer qualifies.

giphy.gif

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I find it fascinating that in that list there are games by public companies that have been shown to investors, which has undoubtedly had some effect on the market performance of those companies, with no public follow-up on what has happened to those projects, years after.

Makes you wonder if somebody somewhere made a nice chunk of money following those public announcements. :) A little bit irresponsible and shady, if I may say so.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I find it fascinating that in that list there are games by public companies that have been shown to investors, which has undoubtedly had some effect on the market performance of those companies, with no public follow-up on what has happened to those projects, years after.

Makes you wonder if somebody somewhere made a nice chunk of money following those public announcements. :) A little bit irresponsible and shady, if I may say so.
Doesn't that sound like insider trading, which is definitely illegal in most countries?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
wait a minute, dead island 2 never came out? i had no idea

They keep changing developers. Techland were supposed to develop it, but went on to do Dying Light. The game then shifted to Yager. Then Deep Silver took it away from Yager and gave it to Sumo Digital. A couple years later they announced that they'd taken it away from SD and it was now being developed by Dambuster. That's where we're at now. The only footage that exists of the game is from that original Yager build.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting Level-5 Ushiro

Edit: 4236 days since the announcement at Level-5 Vision 2008 for the PSP

Or 11 years, 7 months, 6 days

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Doesn't that sound like insider trading, which is definitely illegal in most countries?

Yea, that's sort of what I had in mind. Basically, these public companies have not publicly announced whether these business-impacting undertakings have been cancelled yet.

Since it has been so many years, I don't think any investor cares about these things anymore, with the exception of the Ubisoft titles that were mentioned since those are very recent and I imagine still are being worked on.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Umm Witchfire is still in development and they post development updates like every month or so in their website.

It's also made by like a dozen people. Games take time.