• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, IGN previously interviewed Bonnie Ross and she pretty much confirmed that they will explore new genres in the Halo universe after Halo Infinite releases:

This might be the start of it, but it obviously could be a new Halo Wars entry or something that is related to Halo Infinite, since that game is going to be a Halo platform for 10 years.

Hopefully the Halo action RPG I've always wanted.

Yup and for me, it would preferably be set in the Forerunner x Ancient Humanity x Flood timeline.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Halo: Is It Me You Looking For?
images

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would think it is Halo Wars 3, especially now gamepass on PC is more established.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Halo RPG that crosses over with Metroid where Samus and Master Chief are both drifters with tattered cloaks covering their power armor for some reason.

EGuL8dLX0AEODPH.jpg
Halo.jpg

We did this song and dance at some point last year and 343 came out and said that it was just an old job posting they reused and the listing was referencing Infinite. I expect the same thing on this one.

but it's probably something realistic and disappointing like this

Jan 4, 2018
I wouldn't mind a new Halo: ODST 2 also. Personally, I think that a Halo: ODST set during the events of Halo 3 on Earth and the Ark has a big potential. Always wondered what happened to the Forerunner Dreadnought and why we didn't see it in combat. Though a new ODST would probably be linked to Infinite nowadays.

I need more Halo games. Halo Wars 3, Halo: ODST 2, Halo RPG.. MORE !

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
any reason to think this couldn't be a phone game like COD Mobile ? It wouldn't seem entirely unreasonable to assume Microsoft would want that slice of the pie.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
This is honestly nuts to me—never thought another Halo game could possibly be in development. Can't wait to hear more.

Dec 25, 2018
A tactical Stealth Espionage game from the perspective of the Forerunners, you play Punished Diddy, trying to evade and recapture Forerunner installations that have been taken over by Cortana's Created while being haunted by an AI of his dead wife.

Halo Wars 3 or Halo Tactics would be neat.

Halo Kart, take one of those early 2000's futuristic racing games, swap out the aesthetic for something Halo-ish, set it on a colony made of Human and alien factions (Like the ones in the Rion Forge novels) with their own stories revolving around the race and its grand prize (Forerunner thingy) and call it a day... basically just make Oban Star Racers the video game but Halo.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Halo Infinite is a platform, right?

Could it be for a project/game/dlc within the Infinite platform?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A horror take on Halo. Gimme my alien isolation vibes as a helpless marine.

Nov 2, 2019
If I had to pick two "dream" Halo projects, these would be mine.

A third person action adventure shooter set in the Halo Universe. Maybe "Halo: The Flood" with a blend of Dead Space atmosphere and Alien Isolation tension with Uncharted mechanics and set pieces.

or

A massive space battle along the lines of Star Wars: Squadrons except bigger. Call it "Halo: Slipspace" or something. Refers to the engine its made in and space flight terminology.

There's so much they could do but seem insistent on Halo spinoffs being RTS or top down twin stick shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.