• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
tumblr_niv9n60JYn1s2t3f7o1_640.gif

WAIT WHO THE FUCK IS THIS

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who has been a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan since childhood. While he's not quite on the level of regularly attending conventions or anything, he has watched every movie in the series countless times over and knows a great deal of trivia about the universe and its canon characters, locations, and events. When he saw The Last Jedi, it broke something inside of him. Not only did he really dislike the movie, but he felt like his fandom for SW as a whole had been significantly diminished by how disappointing TLJ was to him.

shirtless-adam-driver-1073144-640x320.jpeg

Yep, my friend absolutely loathed this movie and will gladly list every reason why if given your ear.

I've listened to and participated in several of his rants about how terrible TLJ was, and I oftentimes liken his experience to one that I've had once before in gaming. You see, since the original Metal Gear Solid I've been a diehard fan of the series. I have played every MGS game dozens of times and know them inside and out, and I have a brain filled with the most useless, granular MGS trivia you could ever imagine. I oftentimes passionately defended Kojima's "unique" writing style that got progressively more self-indulgent and awkward as the series wore on over the years, and in general my intense passion for the series and its characters resulted in me often overlooking some of its recurring faults.

And then I played MGSV, and the disappointment that I felt with that final entry in the series rocked the very foundations of my MGS fandom.

Now don't get me wrong. I completely understand why a lot of people liked MGSV. It had arguably the best core stealth gameplay of the entire series, which is certainly a big accomplishment. In my opinion, however, that gameplay was stretched thin across a game that was rife with poor design choices and a disgrace to the storytelling legacy of the series to which it belonged. MGS games were always the perfect package of storytelling and compelling gameplay, but MGSV dropped the ball so hard with regard to its story that I feel it's the worst game in the entire series as a result. I just can't accept that this is how such a venerable series came to an end. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

So much potential squandered. The game's prolonged development struggles were increasingly felt as you delved further into the game's half-baked story and repetitive, bloated mission designs.

Of course Konami's handling of Kojima's firing and all the weird microtransaction nonsense that was shoehorned into MGSV just soured the experience even further for me. Between that and cancelling Silent Hills all within the same timeframe, my searing resentment of Konami as a company took form and is unlikely to ever be quelled barring some kind of miracle.

After all the dust settled, I found that my intense passion for MGS as a franchise had kind of just... faded away. Suddenly I no longer felt the urge to revisit MGS1-4 as I often would at random times throughout the year, and I no longer felt that fascination with its overarching universe that I once did. It's like the entire thing had been sullied by the final entry in the series for me, and that's a damn shame.

So that's my story. Has something like this ever happened to you with one of your favorite gaming series?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Filip Miucin and this is my website. I work here with my old man and my son, Lil Filip, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what review I'm gonna copy next.

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
To Resetera User labpleb : NEVER, EVER PLAGIARIZE MY MESSAGES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. I AM NO LONGER AN USER THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF COPYING & PASTE. BE CAUTIOUS!

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who has been a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan since childhood. While he's not quite on the level of regularly attending conventions or anything, he has watched every movie in the series countless times over and knows a great deal of trivia about the universe and its canon characters, locations, and events. When he saw The Last Jedi, it broke something inside of him. Not only did he really dislike the movie, but he felt like his fandom for SW as a whole had been significantly diminished by how disappointing TLJ was to him.

Yep, my friend absolutely loathed this movie and will gladly list every reason why if given your ear.

I've listened to and participated in several of his rants about how terrible TLJ was, and I oftentimes liken his experience to one that I've had once before in gaming. You see, since the original Metal Gear Solid I've been a diehard fan of the series. I have played every MGS game dozens of times and know them inside and out, and I have a brain filled with the most useless, granular MGS trivia you could ever imagine. I oftentimes passionately defended Kojima's "unique" writing style that got progressively more self-indulgent and awkward as the series wore on over the years, and in general my intense passion for the series and its characters resulted in me often overlooking some of its recurring faults.

And then I played MGSV, and the disappointment that I felt with that final entry in the series rocked the very foundations of my MGS fandom.

Now don't get me wrong. I completely understand why a lot of people liked MGSV. It had arguably the best core stealth gameplay of the entire series, which is certainly a big accomplishment. In my opinion, however, that gameplay was stretched thin across a game that was rife with poor design choices and a disgrace to the storytelling legacy of the series to which it belonged. MGS games were always the perfect package of storytelling and compelling gameplay, but MGSV dropped the ball so hard with regard to its story that I feel it's the worst game in the entire series as a result. I just can't accept that this is how such a venerable series came to an end. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

So much potential squandered. The game's prolonged development struggles were increasingly felt as you delved further into the game's half-baked story and repetitive, bloated mission designs.

Of course Konami's handling of Kojima's firing and all the weird microtransaction nonsense that was shoehorned into MGSV just soured the experience even further for me. Between that and cancelling Silent Hills all within the same timeframe, my searing resentment of Konami as a company took form and is unlikely to ever be quelled barring some kind of miracle.

After all the dust settled, I found that my intense passion for MGS as a franchise had kind of just... faded away. Suddenly I no longer felt the urge to revisit MGS1-4 as I often would at random times throughout the year, and I no longer felt that fascination with its overarching universe that I once did. It's like the entire thing had been sullied by the final entry in the series for me, and that's a damn shame.

So that's my story. Has something like this ever happened to you with one of your favorite gaming series?

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For real though guys, I miss when Fighting games had atmosphere and weren't just esports fests.

I understand that the pro level is what helps hype the genre and all nowadays, but I feel like the games have gotten sterile for the most part, almost conforming into one generic formula with meters and specials.

I miss the dozen-page blowouts in magazines for the newest Tekken, Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat from casual-to-skilled reviewers/journalists and info on the character bios and overall story. I miss when the games' art and atmosphere cemented itself into that period of time to always look back on fondly.

One could say it's just nostalgia, but it's hard to agree with that when these days, the characters have more just become avatars for the esports/pro players rather than having their own identity. Ugly customization furthers my point.

I loved Tekken 7, it plays wonderfully... but as a long time, hardcore (casual level) Tekken fan, I was a bit underwhelmed in the story/singleplayer modes. And as excited as I am about SCVI, I can't help but shake the same feeling that it won't have the atmospheric tone it once had opting for the generic, soul-less tourney/spectator aspect.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority and this thread will backfire, but I'm sure most of you old folks like me who got into the genre before it became a televised sport with people wearing sponsored gear and instead played for the "durdur fighting game story lol" and casual MP might understand where I'm coming from even if you don't agree...? I don't know the point of this thread other than to point out my issue, but maybe I want to hear if pro players agree but don't let it bother them. Or to hear from folks who definitely don't agree and can tell me why I'm wrong. If anything, I hope the thread stays civil as I'm not bashing these games outright as I'm very fond of T7 and super excited for SCVI.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
For real though guys, I miss when Fighting games had atmosphere and weren't just esports fests.

I understand that the pro level is what helps hype the genre and all nowadays, but I feel like the games have gotten sterile for the most part, almost conforming into one generic formula with meters and specials.

I miss the dozen-page blowouts in magazines for the newest Tekken, Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat from casual-to-skilled reviewers/journalists and info on the character bios and overall story. I miss when the games' art and atmosphere cemented itself into that period of time to always look back on fondly.

One could say it's just nostalgia, but it's hard to agree with that when these days, the characters have more just become avatars for the esports/pro players rather than having their own identity. Ugly customization furthers my point.

I loved Tekken 7, it plays wonderfully... but as a long time, hardcore (casual level) Tekken fan, I was a bit underwhelmed in the story/singleplayer modes. And as excited as I am about SCVI, I can't help but shake the same feeling that it won't have the atmospheric tone it once had opting for the generic, soul-less tourney/spectator aspect.

I'm well aware I'm in the minority and this thread will backfire, but I'm sure most of you old folks like me who got into the genre before it became a televised sport with people wearing sponsored gear and instead played for the "durdur fighting game story lol" and casual MP might understand where I'm coming from even if you don't agree...? I don't know the point of this thread other than to point out my issue, but maybe I want to hear if pro players agree but don't let it bother them. Or to hear from folks who definitely don't agree and can tell me why I'm wrong. If anything, I hope the thread stays civil as I'm not bashing these games outright as I'm very fond of T7 and super excited for SCVI.
The Fighting Game Scene no longer needs Street Fighter to thrive

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017

wait did you fucking time that to be at the top of the newp age

YOU CANNOT GROUNDHOG DAY ME

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since everyone is memeing I can say Breath of the Wild is a shitty game with shitty controls and no one will know hahaaa
What the fuck did you just fucking say about BotW, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ERA to extrude Phantom Thief from the site almost completely after even more plagiarism surfaces

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
What the fuck did you just fucking say about BotW, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
This one's a bit much

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Miucin was the only long-gowned customer to drink his wine standing. He was a big man, strangely pallid, with scars that often showed among the wrinkles of his face. He had a large, unkempt beard, streaked with white. Although he wore a long gown, it was dirty and tattered, and looked as if it had not been washed or mended for over ten years. He used so many researches in his speech, it was impossible to understand half he said. Whenever he came into the shop, everyone would look at him and chuckle. And someone would call out:

"Miucin! There are some fresh evidences on the internet!"

Ignoring this remark, Miucin would come to the counter to order two bowls of heated wine and a dish of peas flavoured with aniseed. For this he produced nine coppers. Someone else would call out, in deliberately loud tones:

"You must have been stealing again!"

"Why ruin a man's good name groundlessly?" he would ask, opening his eyes wide.

"Pooh, good name indeed! The day before yesterday I saw you with my own eyes stealing reviews from Polygon!"

Then Miucin would flush, the veins on his forehead standing out as he remonstrated: "Taking a note can't be considered stealing, . . . Taking a note, the affair of a journalist, can't be considered stealing!" Then followed quotations from the classics, like "If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from many it's research" and a jumble of archaic expressions till everybody was roaring with laughter and the whole tavern was gay.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
To Resetera User Phantom Thief: NEVER, EVER PLAGIARIZE MY MESSAGES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. I AM NO LONGER AN USER THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF COPYING & PASTE. BE CAUTIOUS!
Phantom Thief just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about plagiarism (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being a plagiarist. If you screw someone over in ResetEra, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the ResetEra public, after hearing about this, are not going to want to discuss with Phantom Thief, nor will they read any of his posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Phantom Thief has alienated an entire forum with this move.

Phantom Thief, publicly apologize and cancel your plagiarism or you can kiss your account goodbye.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
1200px-LogoBigColor2.png

A ROGUE-LITE, METROIDVANIA ACTION PLATFORMER

Developer:Motion Twin
Release Date: Aug 7th, 2018
Platforms: PC, PS4, XB1 and Switch
Price: $24.99 (standard edtion)

TBHgbE8QvTwJKNxj8tMn_ZrW6R6excGb.png

FEATURES

• RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.​
  • 2D Souls-lite Action: Tough but fair combat, more than fifty weapons and spells with unique gameplay, and of course, the emergency panic roll to get you out of trouble.​
  • Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Remparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style or just your mood.​
  • Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist infused air...​

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum

Processor: Intel i5+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 450 GTS / Radeon HD 5750 or better
Storage: 500 MB available space
Additional Notes: OpenGL 3.2+

Recommended
Processor: Intel i5+
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 460 / Radeon HD 7800 or better
Storage: 500 MB available space
Additional Notes: OpenGL 3.2+

Deadcellsbanner.png

SIGNATURE EDITIONS
(tap icon for link)

MEDIA

a43070ba_9570173.jpg

b8a9f448_9570173.jpg

7f235062_9570173.jpg

ed3247fd_9570173.jpg

LAST BITS

This wiki has a wealth of information if you need to know anything. Gear, Enemies, Biomes you name it

There are 54 achievements/trophies including a platinum
Platinum Unlock all trophies
Love the serenity... Reach the Promenade of the Condemned for the first time.
A room with a view! Reach the Ramparts for the first time.
Finally, a moment of rest... Reach the Black Bridge for the first time.
Smells like burned flesh Reach the Ossuary for the first time.
It rubs the lotion on its skin! Reach the Prison Depths for the first time.
What's that funky smell? Reach the Toxic Sewers for the first time.
Who needs an Italian plumber? Reach the Ancient Sewers for the first time.
"My only wish, to catch a fish..." Reach the Stilt Village for the first time.
The dead center of the island... Reach the Graveyard for the first time.
Afraid of the dark? Reach the Forgotten Sepulcher for the first time!
Tic… Toc… Reach the Clock Tower for the first time!
High drama Reach the Clock Room for the first time!
Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and Glory... Reach the Slumbering Sanctuary for the first time!
Please leave your shoes at the entrance. Reach the Castle for the first time.
Bend the knee? I think not… Reach the Guardian's Haven for the first time.
Quit tickling! Absorb the Vine Rune.
Here comes a new challenger! Absorb the Challenger Rune!
What are you rubbing at anyway? Absorb the Teleportation rune.
La Brute Absorb the Ram's Rune.
Incy Wincy… Absorb the Spider's Rune!
¡Arriba, arriba! ¡Ándale, ándale! Open your first timed door.
See, that wasn't so hard now, was it? Successfully complete a Challenge Rift.
Shrewd sleuth Find your first secret zone.
Going down! Kill an enemy with an elevator.
Hidden Trophy Continue playing to unlock this trophy.
YOLO! Or not? Cheat Death…
Ohhhhhh! That hurt! Die while carrying at least 100 cells. Burn.
Absolution Be cursed... Survive.
Faster than light! You finished a daily challenge. Well done!
Not so tough You slayed 100 elites. Badman.
The Fat and The Furious You beat "The Concierge"!
Is there something in your eye? You beat "Conjunctivius"!
Blade Master You have beaten the "Time Keeper"!
The last rampart falls... Beat the Hand of the King.
Do you need... A hand?? Bahaha! Beat the Hand of the King without taking a single hit.
Slash! Slash! Roll! Unlock 10 weapons.
Pimp my ride. Unlock 10 skills.
Even the rats avoid the place... Reach the Insufferable Crypt for the first time.

Reviews:
Trusted Reviews : 10/10

Gamespot: 9/10

Easy Allies: 8/10

metacritic

opencritic

CREDITS

deepnight (Sébastien Bernard)
Lead Developer/Game designer

skool (Pascal Peridont)
Senior developer (Mr Fixit).

tipyx (Mathieu Pistol)
Gameplay developer

looping (Mathieu Capdegelle)
Technical developer (THE Shader whisperer)

carduus (Thomas Vasseur)
Creative Director (Sir Squiggle)

gwen (Gwenael Massé)
Decor artist

buzzard (Steve Filby)
That marketing bastard...

Noja (Joan Blachere)
Apprentice marketing bastard

Yohann Laulan
Music man​

OT Title credit goes to Jawbreaker
deadcellspart2oqexz.jpg