• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
gPJVia4.png
Did he not have one of those blue verfied thingies before?

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Filip targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
Guy probably likes playing with men I don't see any problem here, when we were young over here we banned girls from LANs altogether and many friends of mine still don't want them there.
I honestly have no problem with that anymore but I still only play with men tbh since I don't know any girls who game like we do.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So today, for the first time, my little toddler finally counted to ten. Everyone was celebrating, saying how proud they are in my kid, and then Filip Miucin kicks open the door. "Oh you think it's impressive that they can count to ten? I can count to one million." and then proceeded, in my living room for the next two weeks, to count to one million. He then said "yep, another Kotaku journalist destroyed" and then plagiarized my kid.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
˙pᴉʞ ʎɯ pǝzᴉɹɐᴉƃɐld uǝɥʇ puɐ ,,pǝʎoɹʇsǝp ʇsᴉlɐuɹnoɾ nʞɐʇoʞ ɹǝɥʇouɐ 'dǝʎ,, pᴉɐs uǝɥʇ ǝH ˙uoᴉllᴉɯ ǝuo oʇ ʇunoɔ oʇ 'sʞǝǝʍ oʍʇ ʇxǝu ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɯooɹ ƃuᴉʌᴉl ʎɯ uᴉ 'pǝpǝǝɔoɹd uǝɥʇ puɐ ,,˙uoᴉllᴉɯ ǝuo oʇ ʇunoɔ uɐɔ I ¿uǝʇ oʇ ʇunoɔ uɐɔ ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌᴉssǝɹdɯᴉ s,ʇᴉ ʞuᴉɥʇ noʎ ɥO,, ˙ɹoop ǝɥʇ uǝdo sʞɔᴉʞ uᴉɔnᴉW dᴉlᴉℲ uǝɥʇ puɐ 'pᴉʞ ʎɯ uᴉ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ pnoɹd ʍoɥ ƃuᴉʎɐs 'ƃuᴉʇɐɹqǝlǝɔ sɐʍ ǝuoʎɹǝʌƎ ˙uǝʇ oʇ pǝʇunoɔ ʎllɐuᴉɟ ɹǝlppoʇ ǝlʇʇᴉl ʎɯ 'ǝɯᴉʇ ʇsɹᴉɟ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ 'ʎɐpoʇ oS

Ali-Alm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So today, for the first time, my little toddler finally counted to ten. Everyone was celebrating, saying how proud they are in my kid, and then Filip Miucin kicks open the door. "Oh you think it's impressive that they can count to ten? I can count to one million." and then proceeded, in my living room for the next two weeks, to count to one million. He then said "yep, another Kotaku journalist destroyed" and then plagiarized my kid.
I was waiting for this one. Bravo sir.

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
I am extremely sensitive about this. I come from the 90's gamer identity and I feel personally attacked by people like anita sarkeesian. It is not harmless social critique to people like me. It is an attack to the very core of my character as a human being and an assault on a past time that I have dedicated countless hours and unknown amounts of money on. Honestly, if you are gonna cast video games that I play in the role of societal negatives I am going to defend them and demand empirical evidence that they are such things. Not personal subjective opinions edited together as a misleading critique on youtube.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miucin je foot.
What this mis is HUGE. You can laeans is the gamer p
ublic, after hearing about this, is not going to want to read his reviews about any system, nor will they watch his videos. Th
get rid of that shame is repentance.
Filip, publicly apologize and renounce Nintendo systems or you can kiss yo
I don't know how much the restust shot himself in th of you know about journalism (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the corporate worldourself, and the only way ur busine
u where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in journalism, you bring shame to ygh all you want, but Miucin has alienated an entire market toss goodbye.with this move.

ZA Warrudo! wrrrrrrry!